My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know you've got a bunch of questions for Spurs coach Gregg Popovich! Email your question to [email protected], then tune into The Ticket 760 AM today at 4:30pm for the “Pop Show.” Make sure you include your name and where you're writing from. Don Harris will pick some of your questions and relay them to Pop. They’ll even mention your name!

Just email [email protected] – and Listen to the Ticket 760 - today at 4:30pm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the rotation last night is that what we should expect to see for the rest of the season expect unless a player gets hurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be interested in someone asking Pop when Horry went out with a reported minor eye injury. Was Horry's shoulder injured also, when he got tangled up with Odom?

Legitimate All-Star manustarting2gd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wanted to ask you if we would be seeing more of the Beno/TP backcourt against smaller teams, using Tony as the scoring guard?

This is something that many Spurs fans would like to see used and may be that extra lineup move that takes us over the top this year. I think with Beno’s natural passing and ball control abilities; Tony would be able to either shoot a j , penetrate by his defender (which is almost a given) and it would give both guards exposure to a quick, but controlled lineup needed in rare cases of foul trouble and such. Hey what if it works out great? Especially, taking into account the different looks teams give the Spurs in the playoffs. Preparation for the unexpected is key.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question for Pop:
    I believe you are the best coach in the NBA. That being said I do not understand again the recent quick yanking or reversal of the rotation of Horry for Rose. This is not to degrade Horry; but no player brings as much energy, toughness and critical rebounding to the Spurs as Rose on any given night. Plus doesn't it make sense to save if anyone, Horry, for the playoffs? Rose sat on the bench the entire Sacremento game and then was not in there when Rasho (who also was sitting) was on the bench at seemingly critical moments.

Peter D. Rumm, MD Philadelphia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you guys email your questions?

Legitimate All-Star manustarting2gd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmm...

9) whats the best merlot under $20?

8) how does it feel knowing you started your NBA coaching career by intentionally tanking a season?

7) we know you are all about the Spurs character and "good guy" image...now why was it again that you traded Sean Elliott for Dennis Rodman?

6) did you know they can fix that with lasers and botox?

5) where in the world do you find those uglyass turtlenecks?

4) whats a good wine to drink with a Maliks phamous philly?

3) Did you really try to get Chris Webber?

2) Why don't you write books like Phil Jackson? He's funny.

and....*drumroll*

the number one burning question of the ages for Pop...

1) Why don't you play Steve Kerr?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmm...

7) we know you are all about the Spurs character and "good guy" image...now why was it again that you traded Sean Elliott for Dennis Rodman?
    [assumes Coach Pop voice] Well, Cowboy, I'm happy to say that I had absolutely nothing to do with trading Sean Elliott for Dennis Rodman -- that was my predecessor, Mr. Lucas. You might recall, Cowboy, that my role in any Sean Elliott trade was persuading Detroit that Bill Curley could really play and dealing Mr. Curley for Sean. Personally, I thought I did pretty damn well with that one. [/assumes Coach Pop voice]

the number one burning question of the ages for Pop...

1) Why don't you play Steve Kerr?
    [assumes Coach Pop voice] Didn't you hear my answers after Game 4? [/assumes Coach Pop voice]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no kori work is a zoo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [assumes Coach Pop voice] Well, Cowboy, I'm happy to say that I had absolutely nothing to do with trading Sean Elliott for Dennis Rodman -- that was my predecessor, Mr. Lucas. You might recall, Cowboy, that my role in any Sean Elliott trade was persuading Detroit that Bill Curley could really play and dealing Mr. Curley for Sean. Personally, I thought I did pretty damn well with that one. [/assumes Coach Pop voice]
    [assumes Coach Lucas' raspy voice]Well actually it was Bob Bass who made the trade not me. I wanted Richard Dumas.[/assumes Coach Lucas' raspy voice]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no kori work is a zoo

Either two hours of sleep have caught up to me or that was a funny visual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask Pop if Manu has started going to his hair stylist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [assumes Coach Lucas' raspy voice]Well actually it was Bob Bass who made the trade not me. I wanted Richard Dumas.[/assumes Coach Lucas' raspy voice]
    [assumes FromWayDowntown's somewhat injured ego] Damn, I recalled it was Lucas who wanted to make that deal. Then I did a little research and remembered (discovered?) that my memory of Lucas as GM might have been related to my surprise that Philly gave him the reigns after the Spurs fired him, and not based on anything that happened while in SA.

At least I remembered that it wasn't Popovich.[/assumes FromWayDowntown's somewhat injured ego]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [assumes timvp's ruined joke picture]Man now I don't make sense.[/assumes timvp's ruined joke picture]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a mod, can't you delete FWD's joke-killing post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You think I'm a mod here? Shiii-ii-iii-iiit, more of my posts get deleted than the rest of the forum combined. I'm not even allowed to know my password.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a mod, can't you delete FWD's joke-killing post?
    i appreciate the joke, hence my attempt to respond wittily -- bad execution on my part, but it's been a rough first week back. . . .

Thread Information