Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When should Obama have changed his name?

As soon as he realized that one of our arch enemies shared it...

And he shouldn't have tried to hide it...he should have just said, since I share a name with a mass murderer who the US has more or less been at war with for 20 years...I changed my name out of solidarity with the American people.

I'd say...that's badass. That means he doesn't like the association...

Like I said...I can't fault him for having the name...he didn't give himself the name, and it wasn't given to him at a time when the name had the meaning it has now...but now it does, and either he's too stupid to realize that, or else he doesn't care...

Either way..it reeks of pride over common sense...and I'm not voting for a moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF YOU SMEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL WHAT BARACK IS COOKING!!!!

DOESN'T Barack Obama SOUND LIKE DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd vote for the Rock...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were at war with Saddam for 20 years?

Did we hate the ruling family of Jordan back then too?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or move to Argentina . . .

Sorry...I'm not voting any Argies into the whitehouse...you guys will have us on the verge of Civil War in about 6 months.

Plus, even your righties are lefties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he should have just said, since I share a name with a mass murderer

Even worse -- their first names are the same.

I'm not voting for a moron who would let this kind of association with his name stand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if he doesn't think people are going to judge him by it...he's stupid.

Hence my stupidity point.

Either he comes off looking stupid for not changing his name, or looking like he has something to hide for changing it.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I guarantee you it was a calculated decision though, and you have your right to judgment.

What do you mean, people like me?

Would you explain yourself?

I get the feeling I am about to get a big ole helping of generalized bigotry...so by all means continue...

People
    Me

What about people like me?
    No racist claims here.

"People like you" was meant to generalize your political viewpoints...namely right-wing conservatives.

And my point was that "people like you" wouldn't vote for him anyways, but you're using Hussein as a discriminator because it's convenient.

Unless...you really wouldn't vote for someone who shared your political views because of their middle name.

Are you saying that if George Bush's middle name was "Adolf" you really wouldn't vote for him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were at war with Saddam for 20 years?
    Whatever...10 years.

Did we hate the ruling family of Jordan back then too?

Don't know and don't care...but if any of them are named Hussein I wouldn't vote for them either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are completely allowed to have stupid, moronic, idiotic, ignorant, bigoted, xenophobic, intolerant, fear-based reasons for not voting for Obama or anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If someone one won't vote for Obama because of his middle name...they must be a racist.
    Nah . . . I would say they are ignorant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either he comes off looking stupid for not changing his name, or looking like he has something to hide for changing it.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Not really...why not change it and then advertise the fact that he changed it...

No racist claims here.

"People like you" was meant to generalize your political viewpoints...namely right-wing conservatives.
    Ahh...so by people like you, you meant white christians...got ya.

And my point was that "people like you" wouldn't vote for him anyways, but you're using Hussein as a discriminator because it's convenient.
    No, I genuinely don't like that name because Saddam shared it. Nothing convenient about it.

I'd have to know him personally for that bias to change.

Unless...you really wouldn't vote for someone who shared your political views because of their middle name.

Are you saying that if George Bush's middle name was "Adolf" you really wouldn't vote for him?

Right...so if someone named Bush decides to run for President...all these guys in this thread aren't going to judge him by his name...

Funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know...if I see a guy holding a knife hitchhiking...

I'm not going to give him a ride. I don't care if he's killed anyone or not...

Well I might let him hop in the back of the pickup truck...but probably not.

I guess that means I am bigoted against people that openly hold knives in their hands.
    Another terrible analogy...

Are you associating a hitchhiker carrying around a knife with a guy who happens to have the middle name Hussein? How does that even correlate?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are completely allowed to have stupid, moronic, idiotic, ignorant, bigoted, xenophobic, intolerant, fear-based reasons for not voting for Obama or anyone.
    Oh I already knew that...and thanks.

And by the way...after this dialogue I will no longer vote for anyone named Chump who runs for President.

Way to go...smartass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record "Hussein" was Mohammed's grand-son - not just Saddam's last name.

I think is says quite a lot about this country's GENERAL lack of racism/bias that a black man, with that name is right now, I would say, the odds on favorite to be president in 10 months.

If he does, what does that do to the traditional black leadership establishment? Will they still be taken seriously?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you associating a hitchhiker carrying around a knife with a guy who happens to have the middle name Hussein?
    I'm pretty sure he made that clear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I already knew that...and thanks.

And by the way...after this dialogue I will no longer vote for anyone named Chump who runs for President.

Way to go...smartass.
    Damn Whott is in rare form.

I have had a pretty crappy day, and he has made me lol several time in this thread.

Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama is an anti-American, militant-black, Nation of Islam, trained-in-a-madrassa secret-Muslim Manchurian candidate who conspires with terrorists to destroy America, who will ins ute Sharia law when elected, and who also is a Bolshevik, and is related to Saddam Hussein and is therefore bitter about his being deposed. In addition, Obama hates Israel and will aid the Palestinians in destroying it. He also will ins ute an American Holocaust against the Jews. He meets monthly with Osama bin Laden to discuss their plot to destroy America. The entire Democratic Party is on board because they are bitter that the Soviet Union lost, and they also hate all Christians and want to see them all martyred and their children given as sex slaves to gay pedophiles. Finally, Obama probably is the biblically-prophesied Antichrist.
    And he's a knife-wielding hitchhiker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really...why not change it and then advertise the fact that he changed it...

Again...why change it if he's not hiding anything? I don't think any traditionally democrat voters are going to be scared off because of some guy''s middle name. Nor do I think it will work for moderate independents.

Ahh...so by people like you, you meant white christians...got ya.
    Nope, because there are probably some White Christians that will vote for Barack Obama and there are probably some White Christians that won't vote for him....but not because his middle name is Hussein.

I'm saying the people who put any weight to his middle name being Hussein wouldn't have cast their vote for him in the first place.

Right...so if someone named Bush decides to run for President...all these guys in this thread aren't going to judge him by his name...
    I'm sorry, did you not answer my question? Would you or would you not vote for Bush if his middle name was Adolf? It would help me understand where you truly stand on this issue.

Funny.
    Sad, really.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even worse -- their first names are the same.

I'm not voting for a moron who would let this kind of association with his name stand.

Uh...no buddy.

This dude:

Trumps any and all other Johns.

If Obama changed his middle name to John Wayne...I'd vote for him

Now if he changed his middle name to Gacy...I probably wouldn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm sorry, did you not answer my question? Would you or would you not vote for Bush if his middle name was Adolf? It would help me understand where you truly stand on this isssue.

...I didn't want to vote for him because his name was Bush...at the same time, Bush > Traitor so yeah I had too...

I might vote for someone named Adolph if they were running against Kerry...

Sad, really.

No it's really actually pretty funny. It really is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope any murderer trumps any other good guy.

You made the rules.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's funny is you guys probably don't really think it would make a difference if Obama had changed his middle name to John Wayne...from Hussein.

I'd vote for him...

In fact if he does it between now and election day he's got my vote and I'll volunteer to help his campaign

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope any murderer trumps any other good guy.

You made the rules.

Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...I didn't want to vote for him because his name was Bush...at the same time, Bush > Traitor so yeah I had too...

I might vote for someone named Adolph if they were running against Kerry....
    So what you're saying after all your railing against Obama for not changing his name, is that even you wouldn't vote/not vote for someone specifically because of their name....

Nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No it's really actually pretty funny. It really is.
    Your line of argument?

Yeah, it's comedy gold.

Thread Information