My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heading on www.nba.com calls it an instant classic - here is the ticker story!

SAN ANTONIO 128, PHOENIX 123 (OT)
    Box Score | Suns Home | Spurs Home

PHOENIX (Ticker) -- Even with the return of Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili and the San Antonio Spurs showed which team was the best in the NBA.

Ginobili scored 18 of his career-high 48 points in the fourth quarter and added another six in the extra session as the Spurs posted a 128-123 overtime victory over Nash and the slumping Phoenix Suns.

After starting the season 31-4, the Suns have lost six consecutive games, yielding the best record to the Spurs (33-9), who used a funky four-guard lineup to storm back from a 17-point fourth-quarter deficit.

Playing his first game in a week, Nash returned to direct Phoenix's high-powered offense with 16 points and 13 assists in 45 minutes.

Trailing 88-71 after three quarters, the Spurs went to four guards and superstar Tim Duncan to combat the quickness of the Suns. Ginobili connected on two 3-pointers as San Antonio opened the fourth period on a 15-5 run to get back in it.

Brent Barry, who scored 16 points, completed the comeback with two 3-pointers in the final minute, and two free throws by Duncan gave the Spurs a 113-110 lead with 7.3 seconds remaining.

Shawn Marion, who scored 17 of his season-high 37 points in the third quarter, responded with a leaning 3-pointer as time expired to send the game into overtime and the America West Arena crowd into a frenzy.

Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire, who scored 35 points, opened the extra session with a dunk, but Barry gave the Spurs the lead for good with another shot from the arc and Ginobili added a thunderous driving dunk over Stoudemire and Marion for a 123-115 lead with 1:55 to go.

Duncan helped seal the win with six of his 30 points in overtime. He also grabbed 18 rebounds for the Spurs, who have won three in a row.

Ginobili made 16-of-22 shots, including 5-of-7 3-pointers, and 11-of-12 free throws. He shattered his previous career high of 33 against the Los Angeles Lakers on November 6, 2003.

Joe Johnson scored 21 points and Quentin Richardson added 11 for the Suns, who got all but three points from their starters. They took a step to address their thin bench by acquiring veteran swingman Jim Jackson from New Orleans earlier Friday.

Marion scored 14 straight Phoenix points as the Suns closed the third quarter with a 23-6 burst to open their largest lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very Nice!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey! you have link to that Manu ripping the net?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire, who scored 35 points, opened the extra session with a dunk, but Barry gave the Spurs the lead for good with another shot from the arc and Ginobili added a thunderous driving dunk over Stoudemire and Marion for a 123-115 lead with 1:55 to go.
    Hats off, Mr. AP sportswriter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Points to SIG

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "funky four-guard line-up"

Pop haters, who TF do you think made that decision?

Manu, Tony, Brent, Beno, Devin, Bruce, Mike, wow, what a backcourt line-up

Spurs were way behind in RBs, but ended the game 44-41. That's desire, that's balls.

Spurs .793 FTs!!

Tim missed 3, but hit his FTs in crunch time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with the return of Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili and the San Antonio Spurs showed which team was the best in the NBA.

"The facts speak for themselves"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "funky four-guard line-up"

Pop haters, who TF do you think made that decision?

Tony, Brent, Beno, Devin, Bruce, Mike, wow, what a backcourt line-up
    No Manu? Or is "wow" Manu's new nickname?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu= the real half-MAN half U-mazing

Hell Yea I'm A Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who would have thought that Manu and Devin + Barry would be a great line up?

wasnt there a thread about Devin + Barry > Manu in the 2 games Manu sat out? so much for that theory.

Thread Information