Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Count
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats going to last for a month.

Post Count
    and people are really misinterpreting his elusiveness.

Post Count

Post Count
    and people are really misinterpreting his elusiveness.

o fought like last night, after RD 1 i knew it was all over, i mean Machida even took him down and was pounding him out. I know the game has passed him bye but you gotta admit he is not the same anymore. That was not the o that fought Vitor or even the o that fought Forrest. He has no explosion at all anymore, he is just average at everything he does.

Post Count
    WARRRRRRRR

Wandy, it was a pleasure to see him KO Jardine last night, he's back

o sucked, and I'd be surprised if he found an org. that is interested in overpaying him.

Post Count
    .......but you gotta admit he is not the same anymore. That was not the o that fought Vitor or even the o that fought Forrest. He has no explosion at all anymore, he is just average at everything he does.
    Been saying this for a long time.

Post Count
    WARRRRRRRR

Wandy, it was a pleasure to see him KO Jardine last night, he's back
    Its the shaved head

Post Count
    Been saying this for a long time.
    I know but as a fan of his it was harder for me to accept, last night it was crystal clear, he is done.

Post Count
    Its the shaved head
    LOL , yeah and isn't it funny that he has crushed now 2 guys that have wins over Chuck. Too bad he fought terribly against Chuck.

Post Count
    I know but as a fan of his it was harder for me to accept, last night it was crystal clear, he is done.
    I think it sucks he's done. I personally don't like him but I love to hate him and thats awesome to have someone like him who can compete. I can't think of anyone else like him on the horizon.

o has confirmed now that he was offered a contract and I am sure deep down he is really regretting not signing it.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    A very good card. 2 people that impressed me where Rousimere Paulhares and Goran Reljic. Two unknowns who opened a can. Paulhares has a great ground game and showed it flipping out of the rear-naked choke and into that arm bar. Goran showed one uva Leg kick. Cro Cop has trained him and it showed. He has a powerful left side, but he needs to use that right side too. But you can brawl if you KO Gouveia. He also showed smarts when he was about to get KOed by jumping like a frog and pulling Wilson down. I look forward to seeing both of these youngsters back VERY SOON!

Post Count
    dammit! o had that choke. does anyone have his post fight interview. i went to BWW and it was so damn loud people that were screaming i couldnt listen to the interview. so many morons there, never doing that again.

Sherk looked good as ...he could beat BJ in a rematch imo.

Wandy is a beast end of story. is he dropping to 185?

Evan was right about Carwin..dude is a beast. I left after the le fight..what did they show after? I had to get out of there. I need the Soku fight.

Post Count
    A very good card. 2 people that impressed me where Rousimere Paulhares and Goran Reljic. Two unknowns who opened a can. Paulhares has a great ground game and showed it flipping out of the rear-naked choke and into that arm bar. Goran showed one uva Leg kick. Cro Cop has trained him and it showed. He has a powerful left side, but he needs to use that right side too. But you can brawl if you KO Gouveia. He also showed smarts when he was about to get KOed by jumping like a frog and pulling Wilson down. I look forward to seeing both of these youngsters back VERY SOON!
    +1

Gouveia got beasted on. i was suprised.

Post Count
    whats the biz on the soku fight?!?!?! i missed it!

what fights did they show after penn-sherk?

Post Count
    so he called out Shogun? why? what he say?

Post Count
    dammit! o had that choke. does anyone have his post fight interview. i went to BWW and it was so damn loud people that were screaming i couldnt listen to the interview. so many morons there, never doing that again.

Sherk looked good as ...he could beat BJ in a rematch imo.

Wandy is a beast end of story. is he dropping to 185?

Evan was right about Carwin..dude is a beast. I left after the le fight..what did they show after? I had to get out of there. I need the Soku fight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB_6OlK-LR8

I don't think he will drop now that he got a W.

I cannot wait for Carwin's next fight. I am surprised he came in a bit light...he normally cuts to 260 from what I have read.

And there is no links to fights...very very weird. I think it may be that so many saw it nobody has hassled yet.

Post Count
    whats the biz on the soku fight?!?!?! i missed it!

what fights did they show after penn-sherk?
    You should have stuck around for another 90 seconds. He looked awesome.

Post Count
    so he called out Shogun? why? what he say?
    He just took the mic and said "Shogun"

Who wants a mustache ride oligarchy's Avatar
    Post Count
    An awesome fight. The guy hits you then takes 2 steps back and then hits you again. He is tactical but very boring to watch, not a style the UFC can really sell and he barely speaks english. Good fighter but i was bored to tears watching him fight. o should retire he has nothing left.
    Agree.

Sorry Evan, but we can also agree to disagree. He is in the same boat as Tim ing Sylvia. They fight to do enough to win a decision. They don't look to finish fights.

You, or anyone else, can talk about his elusiveness. How many times was that thrown around anyway? He's simply a very quick and nimble counter-puncher who doesn't look to bring the fight. You can say the same about Chuck being a counter-puncher as well, but Chuck also has much more aggression (excluding the Jardine fight).

I've read the arguments that people that dislike Lyoto just want to see the violence, but if you are watching this sport, you are watching for the violence. Plain and simple. No two ways about it. Now, the amount that you are watching for may vary slightly by fan.

I don't care for him and his 'elusiveness', I'd prefer to watch a fighter like Silva or Rampage or even Forrest. Fighters with heart, that want to win a fight by beating a fighter, rather than winning points.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Agree.

Sorry Evan, but we can also agree to disagree. He is in the same boat as Tim ing Sylvia. They fight to do enough to win a decision. They don't look to finish fights.

You, or anyone else, can talk about his elusiveness. How many times was that thrown around anyway? He's simply a very quick and nimble counter-puncher who doesn't look to bring the fight. You can say the same about Chuck being a counter-puncher as well, but Chuck also has much more aggression (excluding the Jardine fight).

I've read the arguments that people that dislike Lyoto just want to see the violence, but if you are watching this sport, you are watching for the violence. Plain and simple. No two ways about it. Now, the amount that you are watching for may vary slightly by fan.

I don't care for him and his 'elusiveness', I'd prefer to watch a fighter like Silva or Rampage or even Forrest. Fighters with heart, that want to win a fight by beating a fighter, rather than winning points.
    Exactly...perfect post...Machida however, does have very good talent, and I feel if he wanted to end his fights he could...he just fights not to lose instead of fighting to win.

Post Count
    So would you guys have changed your mind if he stood there and blocked strikes instead of attacking and repositioning?

Post Count
    I have seen everyone of Lyoto's fight since he fought and beat BJ at K-1. Here is the difference between Tim and Lytoto. Lyoto has incredible talent and he is progressing...Tim...well we have been over that one.

Keep in mid...we're talking 13 fights here. Give these guys a chance to evolve.

Tim has almost 30 fights...he is what he is.

Thread Information