Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    Main Card

B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk (UFC Lightweight le)
    Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine
    o Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida (my upset pick)
    Antonio Mendes vs. Thiago Silva
    Goran Reljic vs. Wilson Gouveia (up and comer...on the outside looking in of the top 205ers)

Prelim Card

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (YUAH!!!)
    Dong-Hyun Kim vs. Jason Tan
    Shane Carwin vs. Christian Wellisch
    Ivan Salaverry vs. Rousimar Palhares (sry guys)
    Jeremy Stephens vs. Terry Etim
    John Koppenhaver vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida

(my picks in bold)

Post Count
    the thread le looks a little wierd. i meant to capitalize official

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Can't wait for this one...

BJ ramps up the trash talk even more…lol
    http://mmamania.com/2008/05/09/bj-pe...rt-sean-sherk/

BJ training video
    http://bloodyelbow.com/story/2008/5/12/95241/5857

Tracy Lee’s blog/pics at BJ’s training camp...
    http://www.combatlifestyle.com/words/gdetail.php?id=67
    http://www.combatlifestyle.com/words/gdetail.php?id=68

Caplan thinks BJ will dominate Sherk
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/05/...erk/#more-3084

Post Count
    Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine (Please Wandy…..)
    o Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida (don't let the door hit you on…..)
    Goran Reljic vs. Wilson Gouveia (we may not see a single punch)

Prelim Card

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (I will be seriously bummed if he loses)
    Dong-Hyun Kim vs. Jason Tan (cannot wait to see Kim)
    Shane Carwin vs. Christian Wellisch (Shane may one day hold a belt)
    Ivan Salaverry vs. Rousimar Palhares (Ivan may retire after this win or lose, this is his last UFC fight)
    Last edited by Evan; 05-13-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Post Count
    Main Card

o Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida
    Goran Reljic vs. Wilson Gouveia

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine (I really want Wandy to have one more good win in him)

Prelim Card

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
    Ivan Salaverry vs. Rousimar Palhares

isnt rich clamenti fighting?

Post Count
    Yes, Clementi is fighting Terry Etim...back to back events for Rich...

ufc website has clementi fighting Terry Etim

Post Count
    I just really dont want to see o go. He got me into mma and was is one of the main reasons the ufc is where it is today.

Post Count
    As much as i hate clementi, the dude is getting it done. i say its time dana moves him up the food chain to see what he can do.

Post Count
    I just really dont want to see o go. He got me into mma and was is one of the main reasons the ufc is where it is today.
    Personally...I think o's body is wrecked and this entire thing is an excuse for him to fight lesser talent elsewhere.

The UFC offered him a 6 fight contract, gave him 2 eTV specials, and made him a coach on TUF.

The UFC ed up AA and the purchase of PRIDE royally..but this is one issue the did right on.

Read Chuck's book... o is a fight dodger and a massive headache who is never happy. He has done this before and came back.

All that aside...I wish he would stay and I am 100% sure he will be back one day.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Personally...I think o's body is wrecked and this entire thing is an excuse for him to fight lesser talent elsewhere.
    So, o wants to go play big fish in a small pond somewhere. Eventually he might just return. He and Dana have quite the love/hatefest going on.

Post Count
    So, o wants to go play big fish in a small pond somewhere. Eventually he might just return. He and Dana have quite the love/hatefest going on.
    That is exactly what happened before.

I hope this is what happens..go heal up..rebuild himself and come back and compete. I don't like the dude but he is the exact character that is good for MMA.

Post Count
    o Ortiz will face Lyoto Machida at UFC 84 on May 24. He talked to Ariel Helwani of MMARated.com about the fight and his future in MMA.

Ariel Helwani: Do you truly believe that your fight against Lyoto Machida on May 24 will be your last fight?

o Ortiz: I think that May 24 will be my last fight with the UFC. I plan on continuing my career though. I plan on fighting for three more years. That is what is in my mind and it is set in stone in my mind — still competing. I am just sick of being taken advantage of (and) I am sick of being treated the way I have been treated with the UFC.

Over the last two years, I have really been kind of forgotten about by UFC. (Fans) were saying, "Does o Ortiz still fight?" Well, it just shows how much the UFC used me. I am just sick of a lot of things that they do on the sides to try to keep me down, and if I will fight again with the UFC, it will be under my own terms.

AH: You just said "If I fight again for the UFC..." Are you still kind of holding out hope that something will be resolved and you will continue your career in the UFC?

TO: You know what it really comes down to is just (UFC president) Dana White. If he learns to shut his mouth and learns to respect me there is a possibility yet. (He needs to) give a public apology for the things that he has done. That is just what it really comes down to, but I want to go with a company that is going to respect me and see me as the champion I am and the ambassador that I am of the sport and not really downplay me or disrespect me on television or anything else.

AH: Do you expect the UFC to make a final effort to try and smooth things over with you leading up to the Machida bout or will everything be dealt with afterwards?

TO: With me, it is all dealt with afterwards. I respect (UFC co-owner) Lorenzo (Fer ta) a whole lot. He is a great person. He has helped me out a lot from the very beginning when he first bought the company and I think what they thought I was worth was not anything close to what I thought I was worth and, once again, it was just Dana trying to undercut me. They say that I am not better than what I used to be and I am worth less than I used to be. To me, it is like, "Alright, well, if you guys think that, I am going to see if any other company thinks that." I have to wait until my contract is over before I could negotiate with anybody else and when the negotiations come about we'll see how much o Ortiz is worth.

AH: What are your thoughts on Lyoto Machida? He is 12-0 and coming off an impressive victory over Sokoudjou. Do you feel he is a worthy enough opponent for you in what may be your final fight in the UFC?

TO: I was looking for a bigger fight and I thought that the rematch with Rashad Evans was supposed to happen, but Machida is undefeated. He is (ranked) fifth in the world and I guess that means he is one of the best fighters in the world. So when I beat him, then it will just show that I have not really gone anywhere. When I do beat Machida, it will just show that I am still at the top of the world. In the last ten years, I have only lost to two people: One of the greatest heavyweight champions in the world, Randy Couture, and one of the greatest knockout artists, light heavyweight Chuck Liddell.

AH: Why did the rematch against Rashad Evens never materialize?

TO: I don't know. I think that is a question that everyone has to ask Dana. I was wondering it myself. Is it a chance for them to build Machida? Do I give him some type of recognition if I fight him and he does well against me? Well, when I beat him, it will just show that I am still a force to be reckoned with no matter what.

AH: What are your thoughts on Elite XC? Do you consider them the UFC's strongest compe or?

TO: I see them as a strong company. Of course, Mark Cuban has another strong company (too). But it seems like all the other companies are starting to work together. They are starting to help each other. With me, I just want a company that is going to support me, that is going to be behind me and push me and see me as the ambassador that I am and the champion that I am. Whatever company that's going to sign me, they are going to take care of me; they are going to put me in front. They are going to let me use my mic skills and use my fighting skills. I have been a great promoter myself. Is there a chance for me start my own organization? Possibly. I just really think that I want to be in an organization that is going to care about the fighters and not really care about the brand itself and that's what it really comes down to

Post Count
    The best part of the conf call...BJ giving Sherk ...
    http://mmamania.com/2008/05/17/bj-pe...4-fight-audio/

This is a pretty nice card. where can I see it in town?

Post Count
    TX San Antonio Champps @ San Antonio 210 561-2833
    TX San Antonio Fast Eddies Billiards @ San Antonio (Bab ) 210 692-1500
    TX San Antonio Fast Eddies Billiards @ San Antonio (Embassy) 210 545-1086
    TX San Antonio Fox & Hound @ San Antonio 210 696-1356
    TX San Antonio Hooters @ San Pedro 210 496 9464
    TX San Antonio Hooters @ Wurzbach ( SA North) 210 558 9464
    TX San Antonio San Antonio Mens Club 210 590-7088

Post Count
    Main Card
    Lightweight Championship bout: B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk
    Light Heavyweight bout: o Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida
    Light Heavyweight bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine
    Light Heavyweight bout: Thiago Silva vs. Antonio Mendes
    Light Heavyweight bout: Wilson Gouveia vs. Goran Reljic

Probably picking with my heart more than my head here as i love o and Wandy and want them to win badly. Although i don't think o beating Machida is a big upset frankly, he is good but if o gets him down he is going to win the fight, i feel. He was taken down in his last fight, it is not like o is dealing with Chuck Liddell takedown defense here. I really have Sherk wearing down BJ and getting him late. It is a 5 rd le fight, BJ for all his skill, his cardio is still not great even at this new weight. Sherk is a cardio machine, he gets the fight in deep water and he'll win.

Post Count
    BJ by mauling before end of rd 2...

B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk

Rich Clementi vs. Terry Etim

thanks leonard!

this is an underrated card IMO.

o is right when it comes to the money. Fighters should get paid. Even in boxing, lower tier fighters are getting $10k a fight. Is it true MMA lower end guys are getting 1-2k?

Post Count
    BJ by mauling before end of rd 2...

B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk

Rich Clementi vs. Terry Etim
    How is BJ going to maul Sherk, the guy was destroying everyone in that division before he got suspended. This is the same BJ that gassed out and got whipped in the 3rd RD by Matt Hughes.

I think Sherk wears Penn out.

Keith Jardine will KO Silva.

o is focused on the wrong thing before such a big fight. Machida by KO, but o will be appreciated more later.

Thiago is a monster.

I don't recognize the other names except Salaverry.
    Last edited by 2centsworth; 05-17-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Post Count
    I think Sherk wears Penn out.

Keith Jardine will KO Silva.

o is focused on the wrong thing before such a big fight. Silva by KO, but o will be appreciated more later.

Thiago is a monster.

I don't recognize the other names except Salaverry.
    There are a lot of "possible huge names 1 or 2 years down the road" type fighters on this card. Which is awesome.

Pay special attention to Shane Carwin.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4365/shane...-the-bunch.mma

Post Count
    Sean Sherk is next…hahaha. Dexter fans will like this…
    http://www.icetruck.tv/index.php?id=...b398a17f75530c

Thread Information