Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops boyfriend quote:

"...the Spurs, they’re not going to win a championship. Pop will be the first to tell you that."

Spurs news: Gregg Popovich's thoughts about San Antonio, per Steve Kerr (clutchpoints.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops boyfriend quote:

"...the Spurs, they’re not going to win a championship. Pop will be the first to tell you that."

Spurs news: Gregg Popovich's thoughts about San Antonio, per Steve Kerr (clutchpoints.com)

No, Pop won’t be the first. SpursTalkers have said it since Duncan left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Pollyanna Pop sniffers can go ahead and say how *real* he was / is keeping it.

If so, wth were Aldridge, Patty etc given big minutes and the offense revolved around them and Derosian the last few years.
    The object was not to pursue a Championship lineup again, rather add to his win total and playoff streak. Which backfired in spades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What, you mean our team devoid of a super star, all star, top 5 lottery pick, and mostly late first round picks or 2nd round picks is not going to contend for a le?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What, you mean our team devoid of a super star, all star, top 5 lottery pick, and mostly late first round picks or 2nd round picks is not going to contend for a le?
    Is not going to build toward going for a le.
    Popped had every intention of starting Bryn Bryn Forms and Aldridge in the bubble.

The bubble Young Un Breakout was in spite of Pop, not because of.

Giving away, no worse yet paying LMA to go to the gots East Nets? Site owner saying he's okay with that.
    Please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Pop won’t be the first. SpursTalkers have said it since Duncan left.
    Don't be obtuse.
    2017 with Duncan Lite Kawhi we absolutely had a chance to Chip before Zaza.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey we know that. We just don’t want low ceiling losers getting all the playing time over young players who need to develop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey we know that. We just don’t want low ceiling losers getting all the playing time over young players who need to develop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popped had every intention of starting Bryn Bryn Forms and Aldridge in the bubble.

Giving away, no worse yet paying LMA to go to the gots East Nets? Site owner saying he's okay with that.
    Please.
    Crying about two season's ago and what "could've" happened is a lot healthier, I guess.

I forgot you are one of the main trolls on here and your 'Beloved' is likely out for the season, so nothing better to do but complain.

What he said isn't wrong and hopefully they will start trying to head in that direction (instead being happy "treading water").

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crying about two season's ago and what "could've" happened is a lot healthier, I guess.

I forgot you are one of the main trolls on here and your 'Beloved' is likely out for the season, so nothing better to do but complain.

What he said isn't wrong and hopefully they will start trying to head in that direction (instead being happy "treading water").
    LMA to the Nyets was 3 months ago, dipstick.
    My "beloved" was the foundation Duncan built and was being carried on in 2017 with MVPKawhi.
    That you're bothered by that is....too bad.
    This offseason had some encouragement.
    Then your cult leader commanded Bryn Forbes back on the team. You bow down and worship.
    I don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr likes sucking balls after smoking weed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... so, with that in mind, is Pop gonna stick around for a year or two & contend with the Spurs' rebuilding process? Sense we won't be gassing up the riverboats any time soon for a championship, let's see if Pop has any gas left in the tank to coach the team into a rebuild, now. GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soo when does he break the news of his retirement again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that's why he brought Forbes back, le experience baby!!

Ok kidding aside of course I would love to see our team win but I honestly wouldn't care if we lose most our games as long as we are developing our youth. its part of seeing what they have and also where the team needs to improve on going forward.

There are some growing pained ahead that will be painful to watch at times but as long as they are playing hard , competing and striving to grow it will be worth it, even for us fans watching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA to the Nyets was 3 months ago, dipstick.
    My "beloved" was the foundation Duncan built and was being carried on in 2017 with MVPKawhi.
    That you're bothered by that is....too bad.
    This offseason had some encouragement.
    Then your cult leader commanded Bryn Forbes back on the team. You bow down and worship.
    I don't.
    Sure, incessant whining troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, incessant whining troll.
    Incessantly content with less then mediocrity troll.
    Continue to serve as thread bumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... so, with that in mind, is Pop gonna stick around for a year or two & contend with the Spurs' rebuilding process? Sense we won't be gassing up the riverboats any time soon for a championship, let's see if Pop has any gas left in the tank to coach the team into a rebuild, now. GSG!!!
    Soo when does he break the news of his retirement again?
    I'm convinced Pop is staying til he passes away and this current ownership / management will continue to enable regardless.
    No special sauces or trips down the HEB aisle.
    Should Pop be allowed to coach until he passes away? (spurstalk.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok kidding aside of course I would love to see our team win but I honestly wouldn't care if we lose most our games as long as we are developing our youth. its part of seeing what they have and also where the team needs to improve on going forward.

There are some growing pained ahead that will be painful to watch at times but as long as they are playing hard , competing and striving to grow it will be worth it, even for us fans watching.
    Most all would like to see this.
    Now, will Pop stay the out of the way? Was looking very encouraging until Pet Bryn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do I picture you with dirty, coke-bottle glasses, a button up short sleeve shirt, soiled khaki pants, and at least one dead animal rotting somewhere in your house.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he ed your dad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Please.
    I disagree as to Forbes. Forbes was dying to play in the bubble because he knew that it was an opportunity to increase his value. He begged Pop to play him. But Pop said the bubble was to give young guys rep and he made him stay on the sideline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree as to Forbes. Forbes was dying to play in the bubble because he knew that it was an opportunity to increase his value. He begged Pop to play him. But Pop said the bubble was to give young guys rep and he made him stay on the sideline.
    No.
    Bryn Bryn injured his hip. Link:

San Antonio Spurs rumors: Bryn Forbes might be done for the season (airalamo.com)

Aldridge was out with a shoulder injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pasted the rest of the article for you.....

Steve Kerr - "...the Spurs, they’re not going to win a championship. Pop will be the first to tell you that."

"That's exactly right, Steve. We went out and signed Brynn Forbes, to ensure just that. He's a proven matador on defense, and will be a direct bee-line target to the bucket for opposing offenses whenever I put him in the game...which will be often. We're looking for draft picks, not championships. We feel like Brynn's skillset is a perfect match for us in our pursuit of those goals."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last two years, Pop tried but didn’t want to throw Demar under the bus, so he just let him play out his contract. Class act Spurs. But ALL the vets are gone. Forbes signing is to put up numbers, while rebuilding. I think this team will run, pass a lot without much ISO plays. They are going to play defense, hard. I think it’s back to Pounding the Rock. It’s been a while, but that’s the Spurs mantra. Either it brakes or it gets stronger in the fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is what needs to happen.
    The young ones may catch wind in their sails and make magic.
    Prolly not though

Thread Information