One for the Thumb
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wondering if other Spurs fans out there were waiting with breath held for his decision on what team to play for (if he plays at all). At this point I'm pretty content with our roster, don't see the need for Malone to join us, actually think that would disrupt the chemistry we have at this time. Thoughts? Opinions?

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not another Mal One thread. he's retiring. he's done. move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he plays, I think we should get him. Yes he would help us, but I think we get him to keep him from going to MIA or another team that may pose a threat to the Spurs.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malone playing with Miami worries me, even more so if we meet them in the finals. TD has had problems in the past dealing with Malone's 'physical' style of play (meaning not always within the rules of the game, just what he can get away with!).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malone is gonna retire, i hope he's done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malone playing with Miami worries me, even more so if we meet them in the finals. TD has had problems in the past dealing with Malone's 'physical' style of play (meaning not always within the rules of the game, just what he can get away with!).
    I agree, I don't want malone to sign with the Heat, that could cause some trouble in the finals...come on, we all know the finals are gonna be Spurs - Heat...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we all know the finals are gonna be Spurs - Heat...
    That is why we need to sign him if he does decide to play. But, I think He'll retire. Either way I could care less, long as he doesnt go to MIA then Im happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a blurb in the Phoenix paper that the Suns have contacted him (Manley) now too about acquiring Malone.

They were given the same info that the LA Times said -- that he was likely retiring and would make a decision in a week or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...that he was likely retiring and would make a decision in a week or two.
    First, it was after the new year. Now, it's like whenever the he declares it. What an attention ho'.

Big Lou
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he retires. I don't want him to play for the spurs.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I don't care how good a condition he's in. Malone is quickly approaching the very limited window for his return, meaning having enough regular season time to get his game in shape, conditionin, timing, etc. I'm hoping he just goes ahead and retires, him joining the wrong team (Miami, Phoenix) is really the only main factor at this point that I can see getting in the way of us winning another ring.

Thread Information