Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im currently downloading CRYSIS, cant wait to play it.
    What for you is the best FPS war pc game?
    You better have a computer the size of a server if you want to run Crysis at anything above extra low.

CoD4 is probably one of the best FPS I've played.

This year, I would say CoD / Orange Box / BioShock

Everything else has been a disappointment. Did someone say Assassins Creed? lol

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TF2 for PC. My personal favorite since Quake 2 for online gaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Warriors Orochi come out in the past year? Because that gets my vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call of Duty 4

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Call of Duty 4 followed pretty closely by Mass Effect.

Assassins Creed was a pile of in my opinion.

Bioshock was fun but I consider vastly overrated. Anybody play System Shock 2? That game came out a long time ago and is superior in every aspect to Bioshock except for graphics.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant really remember what came out last year... but id say mass effect as far as games i own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call of Duty 4 followed pretty closely by Mass Effect.

Assassins Creed was a pile of in my opinion.

Bioshock was fun but I consider vastly overrated. Anybody play System Shock 2? That game came out a long time ago and is superior in every aspect to Bioshock except for graphics.
    I thought AC was ok. I had fun with it. Didn't get too far, because my friends and I always took turns killing innocents, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Mass Effect

This gets my vote as best game I played this past year. The story was really excellent and you can tell that the game creators spent a lot of time creating backstories for each species you see in the galaxy. The cut scenes while not the best graphically helped further along the story and kept you interested. The way you choose to play the main character dictates the way the story is played and in the end it just leaves you waiting for more. I could spend many a night exploring the universe of Mass Effect and still find a lot more to do there.

2. GTA 4

The first installment of the GTA series on the next gen system is excellent. Though I did wish it had the little things that made San Andrea's so enjoyable such as working out, hair cuts, ect.. they really made CJ feel customizable. However when you look past that to the real meat and potatoes of GTA you come to appreciate the time they spent on the cities and on the story. Nicco is great character whom you can almost come to care for which makes the game enjoyable for the 30 or so hours it takes to play it.

3. God of War 2

Seems a little bit late but I enjoyed God of War 2. The cutscenes weren't as creative as the ones in GOW1 but they were still pretty cool. GOW2 is pretty much GOW1 amped up to another level so if you liked GOW1 you'll love part 2. I loved it.

4. Halo 3

Yea graphically its lacking and feels more like a regular XBox Game. However the story wraps up the previous Halo games and does a nice job of leaving us to wonder "Whats next Chief?" The multiplayer as always is outstanding and will keep you playing with friends long after the game is beaten. I still play it now.

5. Assassins Creed

Another game that put a lot of time into the details that make up the city. The game has a nice historical overtone to it and will make you feel as if you stepped into the crusades. I enjoyed the game but I beat it in like four days. I rented the game from Hollywood Video and returned it beaten. So if you want a fun game rent this.

Thats what she said TxJudsonRocketTx's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5 this past year for me are:

#1/#2 Mass Effect and Bioshock (Xbox 360 and PC)
    These two are pretty much interchangable at 1 and 2 so I can't pick one or the other, loved them both.

I hardly ever played single player games but my dad had Mass Effect laying around and once I picked it up I got lost in the story for about a week and it was the first game I have really just LOVED playing on console in a long time.

When Bioshock came out I had just got my new PC and was looking for something to push the graphics a little and Bioshock did just that. Like Mass Effect the storyline of the game is ing amazing and the graphics and fun factor are at the top of any game over the last year. Playing this game at night was even better as I freaked myself out every 5 minutes or so. Bioshock and Mass Effect are the closest any games have ever come to being truly seen as art forms imo.

3. Call of Duty 4 (PC)

For any fan of PC FPS games COD4 ranks up there with counter-strike and unreal tourney as far as the best of the genre is concerned. Nothing better than calling in an airstrike in a fully packed server.

4. Halo 3 - Xbox 360
    I was never a big fan of the Halo series or console games outside of Madden and the NBA2K series, but Halo's single player and multiplayer modes delivered one of the better gaming experiences of the past year.

5. Super Money Ball Banana Blitz (Wii)
    As far as graphics and hype go this is a huge drop from #4 on the list but I had to include the most fun wii game I played this year. Tons of great mini games and awesome multiplayer, Monkey Ball was probably the most fun I had this year playing with family and friends at home. Easily the best party game on the Wii

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crysis > Gears Of War > the last episode from HL2 > CoD4 > Bioshock. But I also play a lot of Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't stand Bioshock. And I really, really tried to like it.
    Mass Effect was good. I'm still playing GTA4 and I have COD4, AC and Halo 3 on my queue.
    Not enough time to play as much as I would want to these days.
    I'm definitely looking forward to Fallout 3 in the fall.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best single player Bioshock
    Best multi player COD4

COD4 on veteran is a though, i can't get past the sniper stage when you have to survive until the chopper comes

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    1) Mass Effect
    1a) COD4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me it's Halo 3. I am a Halo fan from the books and video games. There is not a better storyline to a game that is more deserving of a movie. Don't understand why there is so much red tape.

However I have not played many games this and last year.

-CoD4
    -Bioshock
    -Mass Effect
    -GoW
    -GTA4

Played none of em.. at all.

I did play AC for a while, it got boring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read Bioshock on wiki, and it didn't interest me at all. The whole thing sounds silly, and juvenile. It must be the graphics or action during the game that make up for all this popularity.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Would have to be Fusion Frenzy 2 for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read Bioshock on wiki, and it didn't interest me at all. The whole thing sounds silly, and juvenile. It must be the graphics or action during the game that make up for all this popularity.
    What sounded silly or juvenile about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an observation from not even playing it. I might go pick it up at Wally World here in a bit.

Can't decide. I here so much good about Bioshock, but it's between that, CoD4 and GTA4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an observation from not even playing it. I might go pick it up at Wally World here in a bit.

Can't decide. I here so much good about Bioshock, but it's between that, CoD4 and GTA4.
    But what sounded silly or juvenile about it?

I'd go with COD4 if you play on Live....

Thats what she said TxJudsonRocketTx's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read Bioshock on wiki, and it didn't interest me at all. The whole thing sounds silly, and juvenile.
    Yeah not really sure how you come to that conclusion especially after reading the Wikipedia entry that has this in the first paragraph:
    "The game received overwhelmingly positive reviews... It was particularly well-reviewed in the mainstream press where its "morality-based" storyline, immersive environment and Ayn Rand-inspired dystopian setting were all singled out for praise.[18] BioShock has been praised for providing "an entirely new tool through which to explore philosophy, psychology, and morality."[19]"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The suit this guy with the giant screw hand has looks silly. The story of the underwater city looked juvenile, as for the reasons of creating it.

Like I said, I don't know much about it. Anyways, I read it's based in the 50s or 60s, which totally covers the reason the guy looks a bit out of date. The YT videos I watched has me wanting to check it out now. It looks pretty cool, as does the scary effect it gave me.

I am inactive on live, (JawsTheme is me) because I moved. I live in the boondocks so me and my uncle got Hughes Net (satellite.) I am 200 yards away from the router and dish mounted at his place. So my connection really sucks.. and I am not sure what I can do about it now.

I may end up getting CoD4, I watched it on YT and it looks intense. However, what leaves me timid is the length of the game. I don't remember which, but the previous CoD i had played was really short and pissed me off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one is very short, between eight and ten hours.

Bioshock is supposed to be longer, I've heard as many as twenty hours, but you'll probably finish it in less than fifteen.

If you want length go with GTA4...

As much as I liked COD4 it was very short, and I didn't feel like replaying it again, well only certain levels.

I would however like to play Bioshock again...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy looks silly, but I never thought the big daddy in the game did...

Too bad you don't have Live, you could get the demo...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COD4 on veteran is a though, i can't get past the sniper stage when you have to survive until the chopper comes
    Save all your flashbangs and grenades when you get there, hide behind the building across from the building where you get the intel item, and just wait until the chopper shows up. Then when it shows up, make a run for it while throwing all your flashbangs and grenades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Orange Box was such a great value that I'll list that one since few people did. Can't go wrong with it.

Thread Information