Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ExDeath would kick all their asses. If a tree can turn itself into a human with superpowers and cause complete chaos and for a world to be split into two, then it is a crazy mofo

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the hardest boss in any game though is Omega in FFV (not including the extra GBA version bosses).

This may be the only boss in which you could have EVERY spell/skill learned (i literally mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, like including all blue magic, dances, songs, whatever), every job mastered, all the best items in the game, have the perfect setup with jobs, equipment, and skills, be at level 99 and still lose more than 50% of the time to this guy. and if you get "suprised", you are simply ed.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You spoony bard!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuja > all of them.

Mother er destroyed his home planet, his creator, and tried to kill his "brother."

Except for the fact that he looked like a got, he was one maniacal bas .
    Ehh....I dunno, I put Kuja slightly below Kefka, but he's been in the number two spot since I first played FFIX. Although I didn't mind the fact that....let's face it, looked like the guy was wearing a thong (Insert slew of gay jokes), because, like with Kefka's rather crossdressing clown-ish appearance, it served to enhance the crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good lord, I still remember that.

As for the topic itself, my vote's a tossup between II (IV in Japan) and VII, because the storylines really drew me in.

The whole storyline swerve regarding the ultimate villain in II was a bit of a copout, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only ones I've completed are IV, VI and X.
    The first one I played was VI. They were all fun and interesting and the world were awesome to feel immersed in. But if there were a movie to be made, I'd prefer to watch VI.

Now for the others.
    I,II,III- the ones that came to the U.S. I played for a few minutes. I didn't play the one that wasn't released here
    V- I've only played 2% of this game and I don't know when I'll ever get back to playing it.
    VII- I've played about 5%. I'm sure I'll get around to playing it, if only because of it's reputation.
    VIII- I've played about 70-80% and really want to finish it. It's the kind of story I like and I would definitely read a novelization. Plus the card game was fun and I actually understood it.
    IX- I may be 50% through this and other than the card game which completely baffles and frustrates me, this will probably be in my top 3. My favorite music of all the games comes from this one.
    XII-online game that I'll never play
    X-2- It's not very engaging. I've played about 30%. It's a beautiful game, but I don't care to finish it.
    XII- I'm 98% finished with the story, but maybe 80% with the extras. It's very fun and a nice story, but if it had IX, VIII or VI story then it would definitely be my favorite.

So
    1st- VI and IX
    2nd- XII
    3rd- VII and IV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VI and X for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VI is the best of the sequels but I gotta say FF1 because thats what started it all for me.

VII to me is overrated and I f'n hate the materia system, I also liked X I wasted so much time in the damn blitzball game I'm actually ashamed to admit it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I'm siding with Shagia on this. I love Final Fantasy VII no doubt, and it's one of my favorites, but I don't think it's the best. It's extremely overrated...I mean, it's a good game, but , it's often heralded as the best FF ever. The graphics were terrible, the majority of the characters sucked ass, and I never really liked Sephiroth as a villain. That, and it was rather confusing unless you played it a few times what with all the clones of Sephiroth, that with Jenova and Hojo, and the fact that Cloud made up his entire past based on Zak's memory. I mean WTF? That pissed me off.

Tifa did have some jumbo knockers though.

I did enjoy a team of Cloud, Nanaki, and Tifa. Probably my favorite FF lineup of all-time.
    The graphics were ty? They were pretty amazing for the time period, and if you consider it was the first Final Fantasy to switch over from 2d to 3d how would you even say the graphics were bad compared to the previous ones?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    okay, FF VI Advance lost a few points with me. the only issues i ever had with FF VI (too easy, not enough story, annoying/boring dungeons), still was not fixed with these advance dungeons. all you have to do is have the Genji Glove, and Offering (Master Scroll in the Advance version), steal an Atma Weapon (Ultima Weapon in Advance) from a portion of the last boss, and then have someone with tons of HP equip them, and you can slaughter the out of pretty much every boss. the hardest part of this dungeon (and its not really hard, just annoying) is having to switch around between parties and fight tons of enemies that arent hard at all, just annoying again because they just with your status or do "instant death" attacks, and step on the stupid switches so the other parties can get around. after about 10 minutes of this , you just wanna get to the in Kaiser Dragon and finish the damn dungeon off, but there is so much walking around and fighing ty annoying enemies that give you almost no EXP in return that it turns into a 2-3 hour project. The Kaiser Dragon isn't all that tough either. Just do the Atma Weapon trick, and cast "Quick, Ultima, Ultima" a few times, make sure everyone has Re-Raise cast on them, and the fight is over.

FF IV and V for the advance are definitely more challenging (especially in V), have more story involved (especially in IV where the dungeons pretty much deals with a personal issue in each characters life), and arent as annoying/boring. The advance dungeons for IV is definitley the best of them all (fun, challenging, and captivating stories, especially Kain's). V's dungeons arent really that fun, but they are hard as so at least you are busy figuring out. VI's dungeon is annoying, easy, and has no story involved with it. In fact, when you beat the game, you dont even know that the dungeon is available, and to get to the dungeon, you just land on some island that looks like any ordinary island. no special temple or anything like in the other two. i was very disappointed.

but they are still the best 3 of the entire series. perhaps im just a little more critical because i have played and beaten VI about 100 times already, so im kinda bored with it, and expected a lot more challenge for the dungeons.

Thread Information