Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The best were the ones for the SNES.

IV, V, and VI.

They all kicked ass in different ways, especially the ones for the GBA. I bought a nintendo DS JUST to play those three games, and get the added dungeons, because the original games were too easy for me. But those new dungeons are hard as , especially for FFV.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Plus they each had different systems/styles.

IV - Everyone had one set job, and mages would learn spells over time. Best story and best way to get introduced to Final Fantasy games.

V - You could train anyone in like 30 different job classes, and had to buy spells. Hardest and most versatile.

VI - Everyone had a set job, but anyone (except Umaro who sucked) could learn all spells by equipping an esper. Characters had most personality and best side-stories/quests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VII, VI, and IX are pretty good.

VIII isn't bad.

X I did not like.

I've not played V or IV but will try to. Will not play I or II.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I've not played V or IV but will try to. Will not play I or II.
    I have I and II for the GBA. I got part of the way through the first one, but its kinda boring. No character personality. Just the simple action, story, and thats it. I never got around to the second, but the system they have for leveling up in it, is very strange. Maybe one day I'll get around to them. I heard the second actually has the best story out of all FF games though, and a lot of people recommend it for the story alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VI, IX, IV are my top three.

If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest sabar's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IV, V, VI by far. I, II, and III are boring. VII and on are good but not as good as snes ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VII is one of the best games I have ever played... and I play a lot of ing videogames

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VII is one of the best games I have ever played... and I play a lot of ing videogames
    Overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VI, IX, IV are my top three.

I'm surprised.

Final Fantasy IX is no doubt my favorite. But as for as the older generation, VI (or III on the SNES) beats them. That game is just ing badass. , it kicks the out of FFX and up. I think it's probably better than VIII even.

But yeah, IX and VII no doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VII

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I'm siding with Shagia on this. I love Final Fantasy VII no doubt, and it's one of my favorites, but I don't think it's the best. It's extremely overrated...I mean, it's a good game, but , it's often heralded as the best FF ever. The graphics were terrible, the majority of the characters sucked ass, and I never really liked Sephiroth as a villain. That, and it was rather confusing unless you played it a few times what with all the clones of Sephiroth, that with Jenova and Hojo, and the fact that Cloud made up his entire past based on Zak's memory. I mean WTF? That pissed me off.

Tifa did have some jumbo knockers though.

I did enjoy a team of Cloud, Nanaki, and Tifa. Probably my favorite FF lineup of all-time.

I'm a chessplayer. Are you?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) FFVII
    2) FIV
    3) FFIX

FFVIII could have been the greatest game ever, going away. But the main characters sucked and the story was . Everything else (the visuals, the music, the side quests, (most of) the gameplay) was top ing shelf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I'm siding with Shagia on this. I love Final Fantasy VII no doubt, and it's one of my favorites, but I don't think it's the best. It's extremely overrated...I mean, it's a good game, but , it's often heralded as the best FF ever. The graphics were terrible, the majority of the characters sucked ass, and I never really liked Sephiroth as a villain. That, and it was rather confusing unless you played it a few times what with all the clones of Sephiroth, that with Jenova and Hojo, and the fact that Cloud made up his entire past based on Zak's memory. I mean WTF? That pissed me off.

Tifa did have some jumbo knockers though.

I did enjoy a team of Cloud, Nanaki, and Tifa. Probably my favorite FF lineup of all-time.
    A lot of people, it seems like to me, mistake its impact for its quality. I mean, I like FF7, but I honestly consider it something of the start of a downhill slide for the franchise. With the exception of IX and Tactics, there hasn't been a game in the series since 7 that I *loved.* 8 was meh at best, X and X-2 were good, but they didn't draw me in as IX and Tactics did and still do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether people want to see it, FF7 was a huge hit on the PSX and is the best selling game on the PSX, it has been reviewed by countless of magazines, websites etc... as being the best RPG for the PSX and of the Final Fantasies. Currently some don't like the fact that FF7 is getting nutted over constantly so they choose to sort of dislike for that reason. To put it: FF8 was a good game, but a lot did not like it because FF7 was so great compared to it, so it looked like a bad game. The pont: FF7 was badass, I'll take chocolate, you can take vanilla.
    Last edited by E20; 06-05-2008 at 07:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also you know what I hate? These gamers that think they are a badass playing handicapped. Like for example, search Youtube or GameFaqs and they have these trial runs for nearly all RPGS. Example for FF7:

A no materia, a base weapon, single character, no power up run. WTF is the point of that? It's not fun and it is fu cking stupid.

Next thing you know they're gonna be like:
    No Materia
    No new weapons
    no leveling up
    single character
    no items
    no saving
    and you have to play with your feet

Some of this stuff is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether people want to see it, FF7 was a huge hit on the PSX and is the best selling game on the PSX, it has been reviewed by countless of magazines, websites etc... as being the best RPG for the PSX and of the Final Fantasies. Currently some don't like the fact that FF7 is getting nutted over constantly so they choose to sort of dislike for that reason. To put it: FF8 was a good game, but a lot did not like it because FF7 was so great compared to it, so it looked like a bad game.
    My beef with 8 was that I couldn't stand a majority of the characters, not that it wasn't FF7. But that's just me, and the people who dislike 7 just because it's so popular piss me the off. It's not my favorite, , it's not even in my top 3 FF or Top 5 RPG lists, but I will never deny the impact it had on the franchise, the genre, and the industry as a whole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also you know what I hate? These gamers that think they are a badass playing handicapped. Like for example, search Youtube or GameFaqs and they have these trial runs for nearly all RPGS. Example for FF7:

A no materia, a base weapon, single character, no power up run. WTF is the point of that? It's not fun and it is fu cking stupid.

Next thing you know they're gonna be like:
    No Materia
    No new weapons
    no leveling up
    single character
    no items
    no saving
    and you have to play with your feet

Some of this stuff is ridiculous.
    I've done a few of those in my time, but never any of the extreme ones. I just do it for s and giggles, to see if I can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My beef with 8 was that I couldn't stand a majority of the characters, not that it wasn't FF7. But that's just me, and the people who dislike 7 just because it's so popular piss me the off. It's not my favorite, , it's not even in my top 3 FF or Top 5 RPG lists, but I will never deny the impact it had on the franchise, the genre, and the industry as a whole.
    Why can't more people be liking ing shagia when it comes to serious like this.

Most people are like off fanboy go stick the buster sword up your vagina.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've done a few of those in my time, but never any of the extreme ones. I just do it for s and giggles, to see if I can.
    It's one thing to do it and I've tried something crazy like this for Castlevania SOTN, but when you brag about it, it's another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can't more people be liking ing shagia when it comes to serious like this.

Most people are like off fanboy go stick the buster sword up your vagina.
    I've gotten permabanned from a few boards for A) Claiming that FF7 was not, in fact, the greatest thing since cheese and B) Making the "Kefka>Sephiroth" argument. It's sad, and a little funny to see how butthurt people can get. And for the record, when I say Kefka>Sephiroth, I'm talking solely in terms of who's a better villain, not who'd win in a fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's one thing to do it and I've tried something crazy like this for Castlevania SOTN, but when you brag about it, it's another.
    Yeah. I don't brag, per se, I'll say, "Oh, yeah, I've beaten FF1 with four white mages," or "Yup, I've done <Challenge>" but that's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta admit the Materia system in 7 kicked ass though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it took you less than 99 hours to 100% FF7 (and that's not just beating Sephiroth on the 3rd disc, it's completing the whole in' game), you are not gamer enough.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    luke skywalker is a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've gotten permabanned from a few boards for A) Claiming that FF7 was not, in fact, the greatest thing since cheese and B) Making the "Kefka>Sephiroth" argument. It's sad, and a little funny to see how butthurt people can get. And for the record, when I say Kefka>Sephiroth, I'm talking solely in terms of who's a better villain, not who'd win in a fight.
    Kuja > all of them.

Mother er destroyed his home planet, his creator, and tried to kill his "brother."

Except for the fact that he looked like a got, he was one maniacal bas .

Thread Information