Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 of Manus plays made it to the top ten:

http://www.nba.com/sprite/

However, the magnificent dunk, that should have made it to number 1, is missing...

PS: And if you check it out, you can also see one of the most disgusting things in basketball... Just watch Steve Francis, who was voted the winner for previous week... Watch the man go 1,2,3,4,5 steps with the ball in hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't take five steps with the ball in his hand....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the dunk francis had on saturday was sick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't take five steps with the ball in his hand....

Ok, so how many do you figure he did take?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're DA MAN, SLOV8!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could you send the video of Manu's swinging the pass to Brown for the 3?
    i can't download it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could you send the video of Manu's swinging the pass to Brown for the 3?
    i can't download it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Francis took 4 steps with the ball in his hand.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Duncan get blocked out at the bottom of the screen. And see Tony drift to the corner for the outlet pass, then apparently fail to come back in for the weak-side RB.

Spurs really need to improve their rebounding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a sick man, boutons. 'You know that?

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid_d, I'm getting ready for the playoffs, and looking for weaknesses that could hurt us.

Spurs were leading the league in RB differential earlier, but now have slipped to 4th place, behind two top EC teams.

While you probably watch only the ball like a bandwagonner, the games are won away from the ball. I doubt your interest goes so deep, but if you look at the Spurs losses and crappy wins, Spurs rebounding has been mediocre.

Do you have any intelligent takes or do just spout trash talk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons, Solid D's takes are usually very insightfull.

I thinks what he meant is that more than half of your posts are negative. You are constantly looking out for "minuses" instead of the "pluses". I often agree with your takes, but IMO, sometimes you go overboard with your negative vibes.

Peace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid_d, I'm getting ready for the playoffs, and looking for weaknesses that could hurt us.

Spurs were leading the league in RB differential earlier, but now have slipped to 4th place, behind two top EC teams.

While you probably watch only the ball like a bandwagonner, the games are won away from the ball. I doubt your interest goes so deep, but if you look at the Spurs losses and crappy wins, Spurs rebounding has been mediocre.

Was he talking about Solid D?

Oh, man...Boutons, is it this typical of you to spout off about someone without having even the remotest clue?

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he talking about Solid D?

Oh, man...Boutons, is it this typical of you to spout off about someone without having even the remotest clue?

I think that is a distinct possibility.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You're a sick man"

I make a comment about rebounding, it's "sick"? Who knows what that means? is that "intelligent"? apart from anything else he might have to say.

I enjoy the positives as much as anyone. But, like Pop, I'm always "looking for way to improve the team", for "real tests" rather than no-sweat blowouts which prove nothing. I really don't see what's "sick" about that.

If Solid_D can get his together enough to make an intelligent comment about my rebounding observation ...

Watch tonight, as Fortson beats the out of us under boards, probably in crunch time like he has done to us and other teams so often, simply because he parks his fat ass in rebounding position, not because he's 7 feet tall or because he can jump 48 inches up. If we don't have a banger that can handle Fortson, then about about two non-banging Spurs ganging up on him under the boards?

And watch how many time the Spurs are in "no man's land" during a shot, neither getting back on defense, nor in rebounding position, either. Nowhere where they can be helpful. And when the Spurs have these stone-cold shooting games or quarters, it sure is damn useful, game-changing, game-saving, that all the Spurs have the habit of swarming the boards.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And watch how many time the Spurs are in "no man's land" during a shot, neither getting back on defense, nor in rebounding position, either. Nowhere where they can be helpful. And when the Spurs have these stone-cold shooting games or quarters, it sure is damn useful, game-changing, game-saving, that all the Spurs have the habit of swarming the boards.
    Yeah, this team is awful on transition D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay boutons, I'll go a little deeper and explain what I meant by "sick". I admit it was a bit sarcastic and lighthearted, simply because I thought you were purposely going out of your way to be overly negative and critical. Critical of off-the-ball activity on a spectacular play setting up a shot that goes through the net as time expires.

If you were really serious, then yes, I suppose Tim could crash in there, even though the lane was already fairly well packed. Tony could have tried to make a play underneath, I guess. I'm not sure Tony's role is to crash baseline when he screens and pops to the corner on that play. In normal situations, the PG will usually open back up to the wing or to FT line and not get caught up inside.
    Last edited by Solid D; 01-31-2005 at 02:21 PM.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you watch Jason Kidd get his rebounds as one of the better rebounding PGs, his RBs are often not by gettting right under the basket with the bigs and the leapers (he ain't big and he can't leap), but just by taking a step or two towards the basket to get out of no-man's-land and into a better position for long/medium/fumbled RBs. Getting the RB in a less-crowded area (as opposed to down under), he's in a much better position to ignite a fast break.

I squinted at the Manu pass clip as many times as anybody else, but then I looked at what else is going on in that clip. BFD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch tonight, as Fortson beats the out of us under boards, probably in crunch time like he has done to us and other teams so often, simply because he parks his fat ass in rebounding position, not because he's 7 feet tall or because he can jump 48 inches up.
    There you go again with your negative posts. How the do you know Fortson will play exactly the same way, and the Spurs will react exactly the same way as they did in the first game against Seattle?

IMO, you will continue to highlighht the Spurs flaws until they average 110 ppg and their oponents average 80 ppg. Obviously, this will never happen, so we will have to live with the the same old boutons.

By the way, tonight the Spurs will make a statement about why they are the frontrunners in everybody's book (excepts Sequ's) to win it all this year.

The Franchise
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Kidd is taller than tp and he is the best PG in the league since Stockton retired, but if one day tp improves to Kidd level I will not complain.
    I am a little disapointed that Manu didn't get the first spot, he deserves it.
    Must be because of Lebron's hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Duncan get blocked out at the bottom of the screen. And see Tony drift to the corner for the outlet pass, then apparently fail to come back in for the weak-side RB.

Spurs really need to improve their rebounding.
    So which is it? What do you want TP to do? Come back inside for the weak-side RB, as you suggested, or move to the open space near the FT line or top where Jason Kidd goes (and that is where he usually goes)?

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "How the do you know Fortson will play exactly the same way,"

I don't, but based on what I've seen of Fortson in vs Spurs and vs other teams, he will be saved to be banging away at crunch time. It's amazing how many big plays he's in on in at both end of the court in crunch time.

Since others have commented the Spurs are don't have an effective banger to neutralize the Forstsons, what's your plan for tonight, Coach Smeagol.

Actually, it's better, Smeagol, if you just go suck off a Hobbit.

Hey Bruce... Lebron is the Rock Sec24Row7's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the ball bounces off the rim, the half is over.

There is only .5 left on the clock when it goes through the net.

If it goes off the rim at any angle that Duncan or parker could get to, the don't get a finger on it before the buzzer goes off.

Also, anyone that plays ball knows that you get a general feel of where the ball is going to go when you see it leave the shooters hand.

Can't really make a statements like that without taking cir stance into account.

Thread Information