Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Avery12
    Shaquille O'Neal, in Saturday's New York Times, on the Laker additions and what it means in the West: "Last year, I had a couple tanks, a couple grenades. Now I got atomic weapons. I'm going nuclear. I'm Colin Powell, and I can drop the bomb any time I want to.

"I'm not going to talk about Sacramento, because I've been hard on them in the past. But San Antonio's window is shut. That's right, the Diesel is back.

"Hey, they had a great year. It was their turn. Congratulations. That's all right. 'Cause they don't got two 7-footers anymore."

David Robinson retired at the end of the season, leaving Tim Duncan without a true center.

Marcus Bryant

[/shaq]

ZStomp
    Where's the diss?

F7

Spuratic1
    No diss, but Shaq is talking all the same trash as always... Maybe it makes him feel better about the fact that him and Kobe chouldn't get it done, so they had to hire two sale outs to put them back in the mix...

smackdaddy11
    It takes adding 2 HOF players to get him to open the pie hole. Real gutsy prediction fatass.

Atomic weapons? Lakers better hope the plutonium is stable. If it goes off prematurely, Three Mile Island on the west coast.

Walton Buys Off Me
    Shaq knows the score- he also knows he can eat Tim Duncan for breakfast- problem is Duncan cab abuse Shaq right back- it's a wash.

Which is why our 'supporting' cast needs to improve.

ImFromBeijing
    Where's the diss?
    My feeling exactly.

You are expecting Shaq to just bend over? Get a freaking clue.

T Park Num 9
    no

but just curious

does the guy have to be a classless fat prick all the time.
    He just cant ever say great champion spurs will be hard to beat we have a our work cutout for us.
    No hes got to make snide comments, stupid backhanded cliches, the guy has no classy bone in his body what so ever.

Marcus Bryant
    Yeah. After all his back must be sore from doing that in this year's playoffs.

ImFromBeijing
    does the guy have to be a classless fat prick all the time.
    For a second I thought you were talking about yourself.

Ghost Writer
    We need two 7 footers.

Get 'Kandi.

T Park Num 9
    nice try china boy,

dont you have a family to go tell they have to throw away there third child????

zarko
    guess the time shaq is spending with his drill instructor is really paying off. he's got the lingo down and everything. Just wait for the first time he starts chewing on karl and payton...this could be some real fun. this team will self destruct and even the masha-yogi-guru-zen meister can't save it.

Jimcs50
    This shows the respect that he has for SA. You only mention the compe ion that you worry about.

adidas11
    You people read way too much into what Shaq says. It's sort of like Ali, when he would fight Frazier, Ali would always talk trash, because it was fun, and it got attention.

And don't read too much into how the Lakers couldn't get it done last year. They were coming off winning 3 in a row. Any team that makes it to the finals that many years in a row, and is always the #1 target of every team in the league, is going to wear down. They were running on fumes when they hit the playoffs, just like the old Celtics in the 80s, the Pistons when they lost to the Bulls in 1991, both Bulls 3 peats, etc. I think having an extra month of rest this summer, and having the hunger to win back the championship will help them turn in a better performance in 2003-2004.

picnroll
    adidas I give the Lakers zero credit if they win the championship this year. This team is a total fluke unprecendented in NBA history. Talk about an * championship. Shaq gets down on his knees and begs and blows a couple of top 20 stars to come work for chump change. If Shaq had gtten in shape and they'd gone out into the market and retooled in a normal fashion (which right now seems to be about $8 million for a guy like Rasho or Brown) played in the same game as other teams, then I'd be impressed.

You had your 2003 NBA Champion Spurs - "The Accidental Champions

Should The Lakers win this year I have - 2004 NBA Champion Lakers - "The Short-term Rental Champions"

Don't try to legitamize this farce with " I think having an extra month of rest this summer, and having the hunger to win back the championship will help them turn in a better performance in 2003-2004".

adonis50
    His comments are an indirect praise for DRob and Spurs defense. He doesn't believe that the Spurs can maintain the same tough D, but it's still early for him to share his stupid thoughts with people across America.
    Where's the rest of the article? He says, "oh, did I mention we're getting Mason (Anthony), that's a lot of beef"...hilarious

MannyIsGod
    I wn't be bitter, if the lakers win, i'll givethem credit.

Spurs fans would be happy if stars came here to play.

They don't.

I won't be bitter about that.

adonis50
    His comments are an indirect praise for DRob and Spurs defense. He doesn't believe that the Spurs can maintain the same tough D, but it's still early for him to share his stupid thoughts with people across America.
    Where's the rest of the article? He says, "oh, did I mention we're getting Mason (Anthony), that's a lot of beef"...hilarious

adonis50

Mark in Austin
    Adidas,

I think you're a pretty knowledgeable guy, but let's drop the comparisons between Shaq and Muhammed Ali. That's a little silly.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    So you've got 3 future Hall of Famers on your team, and now you want to talk trash.

Hey Shaq, here's what's going to be next to your le should you win it next year.

MissAllThat
    Shaq needs to go back to his habit of only opening his mouth to swallow a whopper or a crunch bar (eeww, nasty). I don't really take this as a diss, in fact I was cracking up after I read it, but seriously, Shaq is a moron.

Bounce580
    You guys are already getting excuses prepared for next year? How do you fault the Lakers? They got beat in the playoffs, and they went out and got some of the best players available. More power to them, that's how free agency works. Who cares if Payton and Malone took paycuts? None of you would have any problem whatsoever if Payton and/or Malone took that cut to come to San Antonio.

You when people are "just about the money and don't care about rings" (Jermaine and PJ).

You when people aren't about the money, and take huge paycuts to actually go after the ring (Payton and Malone).

You about cheap owners who don't want to pay their team anything, so make no attempt to improve (Sterling).

You about owners who want to improve, so they go shopping for the best players (Buss).

You've pretty much got all the bases covered.

Thread Information