Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I had a HP 333 MHZ back in 1995 and i thought i was the !
    What PC are you embarrassed to admit you had?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LISA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRS-80 . . . They were giving them away at my elementary school when they got a whole new computer lab. I think my parents actually still have it somewhere in their garage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything that ever ran Windows ME

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF?

Those are High tech!

My first PC was a Sinclair ZX81 with 1kB of RAM! It's components came in a bag, since you had to solder it together yourself!

Last edited by Slomo; 06-22-2008 at 06:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My second PC was a C64 (I didn't like the Sinclair Spectrum). It was nice since you could buy an optional floppy disk drive an actually store what you wrote. I knew my C64 so well, I was soldering wires on the motherboard to connect peripheral devices I made myself (EPROM programer). I made some serious money programming EPROMs with that computer

P.S. And I'm not embarrassed about those since they were extremely cool for those times

My Playlist > Yours Pistons < Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The good ol' Timex Sinclair 1000 was my first computer as a kid. We had the 16k ram expansion and the cassette recorder thing that let us play great games like Mothership!!!

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Packard-Bell Legend, 66mhz, 16megs of Ram, 1 Gb HD. I'll never forget my dad telling there was no way anyone could fill up a 1gb hard drive.

Last edited by PixelPusher; 06-22-2008 at 07:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My first PC. 4K of memory and that wonderful cassette drive which loaded programs about one time in 3. Eventually I upgraded to the Level 2 BASIC, but I couldn't afford to get the 16KB upgrade!

My first published article should have been a little program I wrote and which was accepted by Creative Computing. Somehow it never got published and I never got a check.

And my first laptop. I went to the big computer show in Las Vegas the year I got this and irritated nearly everyone by taking notes on it.

The second-worst keyboard in the history of mankind. But it was a pretty cool game machine for its time.

The WORST keyboard in the history of mankind. I charged this on a Diners Club card and got in a heap of trouble when the $1K+ bill came due the next month. The only time I have ever had a credit card problem, courtesy of IBM and my own stupidity. The machine was a piece of crap and IBM took it off the market pretty rapidly.
    Last edited by CubanMustGo; 06-23-2008 at 07:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of you describing your old POS's really have me laughing . to continue the laugh

a commodore, man i didn't know about computers, just that i HAD to have one. we overpayed for it,and u couldn't even keep the monitor on,u had to stick a piece of paper between the on button so it stay's on.

i think it blew up or something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those PCs are funny ... but nothing to be embarrassed about. Some of those things are true antiques!

I had a TRS-80 from 1986 to about 1990. But mine didn't have a monitor ... it plugged into the TV like a video-game console.

I AM embarassed about having a Packard-Bell, however. Not only were those things total dog-squeeze, their customer service sucked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

WebTV was my first window to the net and I thought I was so damn cool, Everyone stuck on a desk and I am on my sofa I even had the wireless keyboard, then the new WebTV plus came out and mine was renamed WebTV Classic WTF. So me and a friend were saving to buy the Plus and he ended up getting a real PC instead. I go over to check it it out and was like WTF my WebTV don't play videos or music. It only did Midi songs and mpeg 1 videos.

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I AM embarassed about having a Packard-Bell, however. Not only were those things total dog-squeeze, their customer service sucked.
    Packard-Bell took the top spot in PC World's 10 Worst PCs of All Time.

Now I know why my Packard-Bell was named "Legend".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was young. And foolish.

I didn't know any better.

Gone Crazy, be back later CrazyOne's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got a grant from my church while in seminary in 1986, got the brand spanking new Tandy 1000A with two 5 1/4 floppy drives (no hard drive). It had a 16 color monitor.

I had it until about 1992 when somebody broke into the church office and stole it.

Oh, and here's a picture of what they looked like...
    Tandy 1000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those PCs are funny ... but nothing to be embarrassed about. Some of those things are true antiques!

I had a TRS-80 from 1986 to about 1990. But mine didn't have a monitor ... it plugged into the TV like a video-game console.
    Was it a CoCo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IBM Aptiva

233 Mhz of K5 processing power with "3dNow!" technology.
    32 megs of ram
    3.2 gigs of hard drive.

But the kicker was the 2 mb video card that was soldered to the mother board with NO jumper switch to disable it. Therefore, the system could not run anything above a Voodoo 2 vid card, because the V2 was an "accelerator", not a full-blown graphics card.

I wanted to chuck the thing.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Packard Bell 66 MHz way back in the day. I've built all my systems since.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily it was the Packard Bell.

but its funny someone actually posted a WEBTV on here as thats what I first used to surf the web on. I discovered pr0n on that and took it to the next level with the said Packard Bell because alot of the sites weren't compatible with WEBTV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um my first computer was an emachine. I don't remember the specs but the year was 1998.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, that was it. Mine was yellow.

I learned to write in BASIC on it. Couldn't really do anything cool, though.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    That's what I had in my bedroom when I was in Middle/High School. It came with a manual that had a few basic programs -- including one that made a Jack-O-Lantern on the screen -- each of which I did maybe twice the whole time I had it. I mostly used it to play Super Pitfall, Shanghai (a crappy, yet addictive, mahjong game), a really bad version of Tetris, and... Springster (a Q-Bert knockoff -- how the do I remember this ?).

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

And my first laptop. I went to the big computer show in Las Vegas the year I got this and irritated nearly everyone by taking notes on it.
    LOL @ the date on the left corner of the screen. Classic.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    TRS-80 . . . They were giving them away at my elementary school when they got a whole new computer lab. I think my parents actually still have it somewhere in their garage.

Would you sell it to me?

Thread Information