Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really a two way race, imo. Ratchet and Clank a distant 3

Uncharted or Bloodborne?

It's an easy Bloodborne answer but I'm surprised by the overwhelming uncharted 4 answer. I suppose it's a more mainstream tle, but damn..I really dont think it's even that close.

If you decide to indulge in the bloodborne lore, it actually has a much deeper storyline. I was emotionally attached to the game. Father Goscgiane young Daughter

Bloodborne feels like an Snes game in a ps4. Every small thing feels very rewarding. Farming feels rewarding etc. 9.8 game imo.

Loved uncharted 4. Been a fan since Uncharted 1.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ratchet and Clank tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ratchet and Clank tbh
    Gaming's promised land

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    If you're talking literally only PS4 and nothing that was also on PS3 and then remastered for PS4, it's gotta be Uncharted 4. If not then it's without a doubt Last of Us which imo is the best game ever made

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Gaming's promised land

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's exclusives
    consoles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's exclusives
    consoles
    What about Ratchet and Clank you son of a hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're talking literally only PS4 and nothing that was also on PS3 and then remastered for PS4, it's gotta be Uncharted 4. If not then it's without a doubt Last of Us which imo is the best game ever made
    Uncharted 4 looks amazing. I'm tempted to get a PS4 just for that game and PS3 remasters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Ratchet and Clank you son of a hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncharted 4 looks amazing. I'm tempted to get a PS4 just for that game and PS3 remasters.
    I honestly considered this too but I'd rather put that $$$ towards a new CPU/GPU.

I'm a broke college student though, if I had the cash I'd def cop a ps4 for Uncharted and Bloodbourne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly considered this too but I'd rather put that $$$ towards a new CPU/GPU.

I'm a broke college student though, if I had the cash I'd def cop a ps4 for Uncharted and Bloodbourne.
    What cpu are you running?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Uncharted 4 is the only PS4 game that's released that I'd actually want to play.. Xbox.. I can't even name an exclusive that's worth a for those lame s.. Bloodbourne, meh.. I'm new to Dark Souls but the people I've talked to all said they enjoyed the DS series to Bloodbourne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What cpu are you running?
    amd 6300. Not giving me any problems right now with my 760, but I'm assuming it'll bottleneck a 1070, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncharted 4 is the only PS4 game that's released that I'd actually want to play.. Xbox.. I can't even name an exclusive that's worth a for those lame s.. Bloodbourne, meh.. I'm new to Dark Souls but the people I've talked to all said they enjoyed the DS series to Bloodbourne.
    I honestly can't think of an xbox exclusive either lol Ghatdamn this console generation has been ty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    amd 6300. Not giving me any problems right now with my 760, but I'm assuming it'll bottleneck a 1070, right?
    It will bottleneck it horribly in many games when you start turning settings to ultra to make use of a 1070. My Xeon E3-1231v3 somewhat limits my 970 in GTA V and Fallout 4, eg I can't run more than 85 fps steady in GTA V and I have to turn shadow distance down in Fallout 4 to maintain a locked 60 fps, and that chip is an i7-4770 minus the integrated graphics.

Not every game is going to be bad though, there are still some relatively cpu agnostic games out there too:

I'd really try to get at least an i5 though, say 4590 or better if you go Haswell so you can keep your RAM, or 6500 or better if you go Skylake with DDR4. If the RX 480 ends up between 970 and 980 in performance I'd probably rather buy one of those plus an i5 and board for around $470-$500 versus spending $400 or so to match a 1070 with an FX-6300. When GTX 970 came out a year and a half ago I saw a lot of people running FX-8350 who said they weren't impressed by the card, but I never heard that out of people with i5 and i7.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-05-2016 at 10:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the one I'm working on, IMVHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the one I'm working on, IMVHO
    Does it have anything to do with spaceships or Robotic dinasours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Xbox.. I can't even name an exclusive that's worth a for those lame s.
    I'll be bummed about missing the upcoming Gears of War, but that's about all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it have anything to do with spaceships or Robotic dinasours?
    nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you make a border crossing simulator? What's the cheat code for the coyote?

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    It is amazing imo. I'm enjoy the remasters as well, playing through Uncharted 2 now. cant believe I never played this series before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncharted 2 is ridiculously good. So many awesome action sequences.

Uncharted 3 is good also. The most recent Mission Impossible movie borrowed one of the scenes (cargo plane), the director admitted.
    Last edited by Xevious; 06-06-2016 at 01:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will bottleneck it horribly in many games when you start turning settings to ultra to make use of a 1070. My Xeon E3-1231v3 somewhat limits my 970 in GTA V and Fallout 4, eg I can't run more than 85 fps steady in GTA V and I have to turn shadow distance down in Fallout 4 to maintain a locked 60 fps, and that chip is an i7-4770 minus the integrated graphics.

Not every game is going to be bad though, there are still some relatively cpu agnostic games out there too:

I'd really try to get at least an i5 though, say 4590 or better if you go Haswell so you can keep your RAM, or 6500 or better if you go Skylake with DDR4. If the RX 480 ends up between 970 and 980 in performance I'd probably rather buy one of those plus an i5 and board for around $470-$500 versus spending $400 or so to match a 1070 with an FX-6300. When GTX 970 came out a year and a half ago I saw a lot of people running FX-8350 who said they weren't impressed by the card, but I never heard that out of people with i5 and i7.
    wow and here I was thinking CPU didn't matter that much. Even more surprising is that i7 offers so much more performance, when all I ever hear is that an i5 is the most anyone would need for gaming.

Yeah ah I might go the 480 route of it's as advertised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow and here I was thinking CPU didn't matter that much. Even more surprising is that i7 offers so much more performance, when all I ever hear is that an i5 is the most anyone would need for gaming.

Yeah ah I might go the 480 route of it's as advertised.
    i5 being equal to i7 was true until about 2014. Once the new generation of consoles hit with really slow octacores (they're like the AMD equivalents to the Atom processors) it forced developers' hands into having to parallelize their games a lot more. An i7 still doesn't touch an i5 for price to performance but they're unquestionably better than i5 from 2014 and beyond for gaming. If you mind buying DDR4 RAM then Skylake is a nice bump up in performance from Haswell. There is actually a form of overclocking you can do on even the locked Skylake chips (via the BCLK like you used to do in the 90s to OC) if you can find a BIOS from a few months back; Intel of course made the board manufacturers stop offering those BIOS. But you can probably still find them. AsRock, MSI, and Asus board all offered this BCLK overclock.

Personally I'd just bite the bullet and pay for the i5-6600k and a Z170 board if you want to overclock since that's officially supported and you can do it via the multiplier instead of the base clock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the FX chips are ancient now, I mean the 6300 and 8350 are like four years old and haven't aged well at all.

Thread Information