Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Jesus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers wanting the league to shutdown for COVID, they want that long vacay again, knowing they aren't doing well, but I gotta say to Dale.. Son.. at home? Of a Christmas eve? Where your kids sleep?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean requesting the league to trade then curry and Durant for two second round picks?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Makes sense. He will always cut and run when things get a little tough.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    sounds like you when you get called out for making up stuff or getting exposed for a stupid comment you made

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he left Cleveland in 2010 after they couldn't get him a second star for seven years? I'd have left that dumpster fire too. When he left Miami because Mickey Arison got cheap and cut Mike Miller for the luxury tax savings after James, Wade, and Bosh all took a paycut to allow Riley to sign Miller to that contract? They didn't take a paycut for Arison to make a few million more. And the Heat could have definitely used Miller in the 2014 Finals when Chalmers was ting the bed. I would have told Arison to go himself on the way out the door. Only one you can maybe blame him for is how he left the Cavs in 2018 after he was trying to get them to trade Irving for Chris Paul and ended up with neither.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When he left Cleveland in 2010 after they couldn't get him a second star for seven years? I'd have left that dumpster fire too. When he left Miami because Mickey Arison got cheap and cut Mike Miller for the luxury tax savings after James, Wade, and Bosh all took a paycut to allow Riley to sign Miller to that contract? They didn't take a paycut for Arison to make a few million more. And the Heat could have definitely used Miller in the 2014 Finals when Chalmers was ting the bed. I would have told Arison to go himself on the way out the door. Only one you can maybe blame him for is how he left the Cavs in 2018 after he was trying to get them to trade Irving for Chris Paul and ended up with neither.
    I got that (1) out of him. And it was like pulling teeth. He knew (white) wanted him, needed him to win that for (white) to sate our (white) appe e, and it was touch & go as to whether he'd grant us whites. It was a gimme like the one in '09...all up to him(black) to give (white) what (whte) wanted, had to have. That's why immediately afterward he sent out the black women to make sure we knew it and to clock our white asses.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I could see him demanding for the Lakers to make a trade but he's not looking to get traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see it differently. He's a generational talent. It's one thing to realize one exists, quite another to know it's you. Being as it is, he has a very finite amount of time to capitalize on it. It's not in his best interest to stan for any particular team, but to keep his talent in a situation where he's in the show as much as possible. That's best for Lebron, best for the league and for the fans. While there's a sort of cheap honor in sticking with one team for a career, there's a price to pay. If a team cannot get Lebron what he needs to win, Lebron should move on. I think the Lakers work too hard to put names around him and think just any coach will do because, , they figured Spo and Lue were just place holders. But Spo is a good coach and Lue isn't really a slouch. The Lakers had Luke Walton and now they have Fizdale, I mean, really.

There's nothing the Lakers can do about the COVID situation, but they didn't need Westbrook. There are much better options out there for less. They need some real 3pt threats, not more ball dominant old names that have peaked years ago. Just look at them, Carmelo, Westbrook, Howard.. the Lakers are trying to sell tickets, not really trying to win games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean requesting the league to trade then curry and Durant for two second round picks?
    Two??? good lord you have high expectations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So watched the Spurs Lakers game, which is my first real look at the Lakers this season, and i was shocked at how bad and uncoordinated they were. I know they have a few rotational players out and Unibrow is out as well, but when you have Lebron, Westbook, Dwight, Melo, DeAndre, and Rondo on the same team, you should at least be able to compete against the lowly Spurs.

Instead, they were just HORRIBLE on defence. I actually thought the Lakers would be bad on offence but great on defence, but no, they were absolutely putrid on that end. Letting Kates-Diop hang 30 on your (that's 8 times his season average) in a perfect shooting game? I mean, Kates-Diop instantly became the greatest Diop in NBA history just because of that one game. Lonny Walker was just toying with the Lakers defence because they put IT on him. IT is literally unplayable now as his defence is as bad as you would imagine from a 5'9" 32 year old guy with an injured him.

I still think Lebron was amazing in the sense that he can carry an offence, but defence is one aspect that cannot be counted on for one player in today's perimeter-centric NBA. It's not like in the old days where a particularly dominant big (Hakeem, Robinson, or even Eaton, Ewing, Wallace) can clog the lane and bother 60% of the other team's offence).

The players do not communicate on D, and Westbrook is just hilariously bad. Multiple fast breaks where he just threw the ball away, fouling three point shooters, behind the back passes to no where, etc ... He's like a rich man version of JR Smith.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So watched the Spurs Lakers game, which is my first real look at the Lakers this season, and i was shocked at how bad and uncoordinated they were. I know they have a few rotational players out and Unibrow is out as well, but when you have Lebron, Westbook, Dwight, Melo, DeAndre, and Rondo on the same team, you should at least be able to compete against the lowly Spurs.

Instead, they were just HORRIBLE on defence. I actually thought the Lakers would be bad on offence but great on defence, but no, they were absolutely putrid on that end. Letting Kates-Diop hang 30 on your (that's 8 times his season average) in a perfect shooting game? I mean, Kates-Diop instantly became the greatest Diop in NBA history just because of that one game. Lonny Walker was just toying with the Lakers defence because they put IT on him. IT is literally unplayable now as his defence is as bad as you would imagine from a 5'9" 32 year old guy with an injured him.

I still think Lebron was amazing in the sense that he can carry an offence, but defence is one aspect that cannot be counted on for one player in today's perimeter-centric NBA. It's not like in the old days where a particularly dominant big (Hakeem, Robinson, or even Eaton, Ewing, Wallace) can clog the lane and bother 60% of the other team's offence).

The players do not communicate on D, and Westbrook is just hilariously bad. Multiple fast breaks where he just threw the ball away, fouling three point shooters, behind the back passes to no where, etc ... He's like a rich man version of JR Smith.
    and this is the team he wanted lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    and this is the team he wanted lol
    Well, it ain't over yet. We're still in the playoffs as we speak. Get in there by hook, or, by crook. But we're gonna need more talent, top shelf, or, most likely just neath top shelf, 1, better 2 such fellows in order to approach zenith. There will be a plethora of such talent available and that right soon. Should be a smorgasbord where we can load up. At that point we'll see if management is serious, or, just biding time.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Well, it ain't over yet. We're still in the playoffs as we speak. Get in there by hook, or, by crook. But we're gonna need more talent, top shelf, or, most likely just neath top shelf, 1, better 2 such fellows in order to approach zenith. There will be a plethora of such talent available and that right soon. Should be a smorgasbord where we can load up. At that point we'll see if management is serious, or, just biding time.
    Lakers have no assets to trade unless you get rid of Davis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers should trade Lebron for Simmons. I think both sides would be happy. Lebron gets to be on a contender and Simmons gets to be in LA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers have no assets to trade unless you get rid of Davis.
    Obviously I want something for the old proverbial nothing, a sweetheart deal, the tried & true method that we've used over & over again. Something that doesn't make a lick of sense in the real world, but still happens for us---and gets you fellows into a rage.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers should trade Lebron for Simmons. I think both sides would be happy. Lebron gets to be on a contender and Simmons gets to be in LA.
    That'd be trading Peter to pay Paul, cutting off our nose to spite our face, hopping from the frying pan on into the fire.

No, we need somebody to hand us something, basically free of charge, like money from home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does everyone not a Lakers fan think the Lakers need to make moves to improve? I think they need to stand pat.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Westbrook 4-20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rejected by the rim on that dunk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Lebron was wide open for a trey.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Carmelo and Russ combined for 35 shots only to make 10 of em

Russ also has a player option for 47 million next year I believe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if this Lakers team had UCLA Westbrook they'd be nasty. So sad seeing what Russ became in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if this Lakers team had UCLA Westbrook they'd be nasty. So sad seeing what Russ became in the NBA.
    Prim Russ was a super athlete. His athleticism was overwhelming to deal with and created so many problems on both ends of the court. I felt he was like the NBA's version of the Taz Manian Devil. Just out of control on both ends but still effective that a created so much chaos for the opposition. The problem with Russ is he never learned proper fundamentals so he could age gracefully.

Thread Information