Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP should try r/NBASpurs, they worship PATFO over there and are also very politically correct, can you imagine a better place for spurs fans?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stain poster and thread
    This man called me a stain? Wow, you gotta get a vacation big dawg! We’ll just let it all play out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to make a couple of moves just to be compe ive. It feels like they'll keep getting took to the woodshed without a change at the point guard. Honestly, the right player or two could change the fortunes of this team. If Brian has any sort of magical powers this would be the time to show them. This team sucks in its current form, and they'll wander aimlessly if they stick to the Sochan experiment throughout the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to make a couple of moves just to be compe ive. It feels like they'll keep getting took to the woodshed without a change at the point guard. Honestly, the right player or two could change the fortunes of this team. If Brian has any sort of magical powers this would be the time to show them. This team sucks in its current form, and they'll wander aimlessly if they stick to the Sochan experiment throughout the season.
    I’m encouraged we can even build leads like we have, we will learn how to close out games big man!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m encouraged we can even build leads like we have, we will learn how to close out games big man!
    Yeah, I'm more focused on the fact they're getting those leads in the first place than that they (always) blow them.

Losing together is a part of the (hate to use the word) process.

It's a step not to be skipped.

Losing bonds young players even more than winning and if it doesn't with certain guys then you've learned something very valuable.

All young teams that get thrown into the fire together with nothing else in place go through this (like GSW). Then they turn the corner.

Probably not time to be bridge jumping.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here comes a bit of a rant.
    10 rotation players as of now:

Sochan - no point guard skills whatsoever
    Vassell - good on both ends
    Keldon - traffic cone defense
    Wembanyama - good on both ends
    Collins - traffic cone defense

Jones - can't shoot, lack of size gets exploited
    Branham - traffic cone on defense
    Osman - traffic cone on defense
    McDermott - traffic cone on defense
    Bassey - no archetype flaws, but not good enough...yet.

As we can see, 6 players are absolutely horrible on defense.
    Tre being so undersized means that he's also a liability very often and he can't really start against any elite PG.
    Jeremy being a wing that plays in the wrong position is also an issue on defense because he's too slow to chase elite PGs and when his PNR defense partner is Collins, it's hopeless.

You guys are talking about blown leads? Just rewatch the Kings game, the only reason why Spurs got the lead in the first place was that Kings kept missing wide open three after wide open three. Usually from the corner.
    Same goes for most other early leads. It's just about opponents missing shots.

This roster construction is just a travesty on both ends of the floor.
    Charity cases and some abstract archetypes that could maybe work out in a few years.

We got the best prospect in 20 years and he's surrounded by garbage.
    And then we give Collins an extension that's worth a solid amount of money. You can find undersized bigs that shoot 30% from 3 and have 4:3 assist/turnover ratio for way less than 17 million a year he got.
    Osman is a player that should barely crack rotation on a serious playoff team, but he's looked really solid here. Why? Because he knows his role. Everyone else looks completely lost.

Yeah, Champagnie torched G-leaguers in Vegas, but he's not even close to being good enough for NBA rotation.

I fully agree that this season should be about experimenting and seeing who can and who can't be a part of the future, but after just a dozen games it's blatantly obvious that everyone except Wemby and Vassell isn't anywhere close to being good enough.
    I personally think Jeremy can be a great utility forward, but if Pop is going to torture him wih his PG experiment, then he's better off elsewhere, just sad.

Others can go. Branham can become a starving man's Jordan Clarkson, but there are plenty of those in the league.

Idk, I'm not a basketball expert but all of us here grew up with defense being the first, second and third most important thing in basketball.
    Fast forward 20 something years and we've got a roster that has a case for the worst defensive team in basketball history when Wemby isn't on the floor. Process Sixers level bad.

And stop with the takes about tanking for a point guard. Yeah, we get someone who's not yet ready and we wait for him for a couple more seasons because it's the most difficult position for a young player.
    We've got like 13 first rounders and all the cap space in the world. Get a couple of solid pieces so Wemby can develop because this situation is just hindering him.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 2022 draft might possibly be the worst 3 first round picks of all time. Sochan was an atrocious player in college and was an inefficient ‘high potential’ gamble that will undoubtedly flop, unsurprisingly. Branham is a no defense shot chucking bum that you can find off the street, he isn’t good at a single facet of the game. Wesley was an embarrassment in Year 2 of summer league, out of the league after this season and never to be heard from again.

Brian getting it Wrong as per

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 2022 draft might possibly be the worst 3 first round picks of all time. Sochan was an atrocious player in college and was an inefficient ‘high potential’ gamble that will undoubtedly flop, unsurprisingly. Branham is a no defense shot chucking bum that you can find off the street, he isn’t good at a single facet of the game. Wesley was an embarrassment in Year 2 of summer league, out of the league after this season and never to be heard from again.

Hard to make that call on Sochan just yet since he's had terrible coaching since coming into the league. Agree on Branham and Wesley though. Like, you and I both know that Pop would have absolutely ruined Jalen and Mark Williams tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan was an atrocious player in college. Branham isn’t good at a single facet of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hindsight is 20/20, but it sure looks like the optimal draft would have been:

9. Jalen Williams
    20. Walker Kessler
    25. Andrew Nembhard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's Miss Cleo been during this 9 game show?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's Miss Cleo been during this 9 game show?
    Scared off by "racism" and copypasta tbh imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've got like 13 first rounders and all the cap space in the world. Get a couple of solid pieces so Wemby can develop because this situation is just hindering him.
    After the Collins deal, they probably won't have "all the capspace in the world" in the foreseeable future. They don't look like they'll have room for a single Max player the next 2 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

9. Jalen Williams
    20. Walker Kessler
    25. Andrew Nembhard
    Yeah but there was no way they would take Jalen Williams because he was clearly better than Primo, and they were so in love with Primo's junk and their own arrogance in their scouting that weren't going to put an obstacle in his way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here comes a bit of a rant.
    10 rotation players as of now:

Sochan - no point guard skills whatsoever
    Vassell - good on both ends
    Keldon - traffic cone defense
    Wembanyama - good on both ends
    Collins - traffic cone defense

Jones - can't shoot, lack of size gets exploited
    Branham - traffic cone on defense
    Osman - traffic cone on defense
    McDermott - traffic cone on defense
    Bassey - no archetype flaws, but not good enough...yet.

As we can see, 6 players are absolutely horrible on defense.
    Tre being so undersized means that he's also a liability very often and he can't really start against any elite PG.
    Jeremy being a wing that plays in the wrong position is also an issue on defense because he's too slow to chase elite PGs and when his PNR defense partner is Collins, it's hopeless.

You guys are talking about blown leads? Just rewatch the Kings game, the only reason why Spurs got the lead in the first place was that Kings kept missing wide open three after wide open three. Usually from the corner.
    Same goes for most other early leads. It's just about opponents missing shots.

This roster construction is just a travesty on both ends of the floor.
    Charity cases and some abstract archetypes that could maybe work out in a few years.

We got the best prospect in 20 years and he's surrounded by garbage.
    And then we give Collins an extension that's worth a solid amount of money. You can find undersized bigs that shoot 30% from 3 and have 4:3 assist/turnover ratio for way less than 17 million a year he got.
    Osman is a player that should barely crack rotation on a serious playoff team, but he's looked really solid here. Why? Because he knows his role. Everyone else looks completely lost.

Yeah, Champagnie torched G-leaguers in Vegas, but he's not even close to being good enough for NBA rotation.

I fully agree that this season should be about experimenting and seeing who can and who can't be a part of the future, but after just a dozen games it's blatantly obvious that everyone except Wemby and Vassell isn't anywhere close to being good enough.
    I personally think Jeremy can be a great utility forward, but if Pop is going to torture him wih his PG experiment, then he's better off elsewhere, just sad.

Others can go. Branham can become a starving man's Jordan Clarkson, but there are plenty of those in the league.

Idk, I'm not a basketball expert but all of us here grew up with defense being the first, second and third most important thing in basketball.
    Fast forward 20 something years and we've got a roster that has a case for the worst defensive team in basketball history when Wemby isn't on the floor. Process Sixers level bad.

And stop with the takes about tanking for a point guard. Yeah, we get someone who's not yet ready and we wait for him for a couple more seasons because it's the most difficult position for a young player.
    Well said! Brian Wright sucks as a GM! Signing Collins for that long of a contract, what a moron! Collins is like a gazelle but without the hops! Dude can't defend nothing! Drafting Wemby was the only saving grace but that's a no-brainer! Any GM would've draft Wemby! Get rid of this crap GM! Wemby is now stuck with scrubs other than Vassell, Johnson, Tre, and Sohan.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton with 36 pts/16 asts and nine threes made. Would have solved our point guard and volume shooter problems if Wright drafted him
    Instead, we got the soft pussy Vassell who's out half the time with some toe ache or whatever.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

9. Jalen Williams
    20. Walker Kessler
    25. Andrew Nembhard
    I'd rather have Victor + Sochan + Branham + Wesley than those three plus one of Scott Henderson / Brandon Miller / Amen Thompson / Ausar Thompson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton with 36 pts/16 asts and nine threes made. Would have solved our point guard and volume shooter problems if Wright drafted him
    Instead, we got the soft pussy Vassell who's out half the time with some toe ache or whatever.
    I'd rather have Victor and Vassell than Haliburton and Ausar Thompson or Brandon Miller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'd take those guys if it meant getting Wemby.

But tbh there was so much Brian Wrong slurping after we landed the 1st pick in the draft. Just look back at the posts. I wasn't ready to applaud him yet. The Spurs just got lucky the lottery balls bounced their way. Otherwise, they would be stuck in purgatory mode even more if they had Scoot or Thompson twin to go along with Vassell, Sochan, Keldon, and Branham. I'll never forgive the Primo mess up where the franchise basically allowed his antics to save face even though he was meh as a prospect when they should have picked Sengun. Vassell over Haliburton is a huge miss, but at least Devin has worth as an NBA player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Spurs build big leads against teams early on, because every other NBA team knows they can coast against the Spurs in the 1st half and once they take the game more seriously, the Spurs fold so quickly and teams know they won't bounce back. It's happened every single time even to other ty teams like the Grizzlies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'd take those guys if it meant getting Wemby.

But tbh there was so much Brian Wrong slurping after we landed the 1st pick in the draft. Just look back at the posts. I wasn't ready to applaud him yet. The Spurs just got lucky the lottery balls bounced their way. Otherwise, they would be stuck in purgatory mode even more if they had Scoot or Thompson twin to go along with Vassell, Sochan, Keldon, and Branham. I'll never forgive the Primo mess up where the franchise basically allowed his antics to save face even though he was meh as a prospect when they should have picked Sengun. Vassell over Haliburton is a huge miss, but at least Devin has worth as an NBA player.
    The Primo pick was indeed horrible as his career highlight was one preseason game and I don't know WTF the Spurs were smoking thinking he had the star potential to deserve being picked #12 while averaging a whole 0.6 assists, but I can't blame the Spurs for missing Haliburton. At least nine other teams blew their pick too by that metric, ten if you think Haliburton has more long term potential than Ant. Vassell is showing to be a pretty good pick, not a home run like Haliburton, but a of a lot better than James Wiseman or Patrick Williams for example, and easily in the better half of lottery picks made that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Primo pick was indeed horrible as his career highlight was one preseason game and I don't know WTF the Spurs were smoking thinking he had the star potential to deserve being picked #12 while averaging a whole 0.6 assists, but I can't blame the Spurs for missing Haliburton. At least nine other teams blew their pick too by that metric, ten if you think Haliburton has more long term potential than Ant. Vassell is showing to be a pretty good pick, not a home run like Haliburton, but a of a lot better than James Wiseman or Patrick Williams for example, and easily in the better half of lottery picks made that year.
    Tbh Spurs have not drafted a single decent player since Presti left for OKC.

Nephew is just a lucky trade that he turn out to be anti-social and autistic enough to spend all his time training and improving his basketball skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh Spurs have not drafted a single decent player since Presti left for OKC.

Nephew is just a lucky trade that he turn out to be anti-social and autistic enough to spend all his time training and improving his basketball skills.
    A single decent payer lol ? Are you serious ?

Thread Information