San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs dont even need a three without that egregious Greek Freak and 1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it 20 or 25 min restriction for VW?
    It was around the 24-minute threshold. He played 26 tonight.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs dont even need a three without that egregious Greek Freak and 1
    Right before that play we should've gotten a foul on the drive too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre was wide open, the Spurs got a compe ive lost against a very good team. Wemby went toe to toe with NBA‘s top 3 player. Moving on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn B-Podz giving Warriors some decent mins and TJ-D staying on the court

Nothing crazy but I always liked those 2 names and good for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez B-Podz just hit again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a chance that he doesn't sign or takes the qualifying offer if the team is egregiously bad for the next 3 years with sub 30 win seasons all 4 years of his rookie contract. If he feels like Lebron in Cleveland for example where he has no dependable help whatsoever. But the more likely scenario is that he suffers through this year on a 15 win team, next year the team wins 25-30 games, his third year the team probably makes the play-ins with 35-40 wins, and his 4th year team is probably a 6 seed at 45 wins. By that time he'll be 23, Vassell 27, Sochan will be 24, and he'll have some talented 2nd and 3rd year players surrounding him. No way he asks out in that scenario unless Brian Wright drafts Josh Primo for 3 straight years.

The only wrinkle in this is really OKC. There's a very real chance that Chet wins a le before Victor even sniffs the playoffs and Presti has built a buzzsaw in OKC that will contend for at least the next 10 years around SGA/Chet/JDub. If victor can't see a reasonable path where he can match up with OKC and Chet because of the talent gap, he will probably leave or ask out. It'll be like how Lebron left Cleveland when he figured out that he could never get past Boston because of the talent gap.
    Just my very humble opinion, but if we are only fighting for the 6 seed in Wemby year 4, we've failed him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre was wide open, the Spurs got a compe ive lost against a very good team. Wemby went toe to toe with NBA‘s top 3 player. Moving on.
    get this man sum help

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if it was Dillingham with that final shot instead of Tre

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup....We need a good shooting pg who passes...dillinham can do both

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get this man sum help
    You need a spell check

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mismanagement

spurs have known for years that he cant shoot 3’s

yet they rewarded his ty shooting with an extension $$
    Jones is a good player. Knows how to run an offense and is one of the three statistically above average defenders on this team. Basically only Wemby, Devin, and Tre, everyone else getting rotation minus is a traffic cone or worse defensively from Sochan (terrible, bottom third of the league) to Branham (bottom 4 defender in the league among players who gets regular minutes). This season is not on Tre Jones and I'm not going to hate on him for not being a three point shooter when he does two critically important things for this team well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just my very humble opinion, but if we are only fighting for the 6 seed in Wemby year 4, we've failed him.
    Fully agree. If the Spurs are a 6-seed in Year 4 Victor should probably sign the qualifying offer and tell the Spurs if they don't put a cast around him in Year 5 he's going to a real team just like LeBron did when the Cavs kept putting trash around him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to imagine Dillingham would be out there and Sochan would be on the ing bench instead of missing that three a minute before with no one within 15 feet of him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to imagine Dillingham would be out there and Sochan would be on the ing bench instead of missing that three a minute before with no one within 15 feet of him.
    im telling u bro....cody williams and dillingham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha what a crazy finish in the Nuggets game Jokic hit a 3 at the buzzer to complete a 25-4 run and beat Golden State lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are some people so convinced Wemby is gone after his rookie contract. I don’t believe any rookie had turned down a max extension under the current system. It makes no sense financially to do so. Maybe he demands a trade towards the end of that extension but thats 7 yrs away. Maybe he forces Pop out before he signs or as a condition of signing but he signs the extension and is here 7/8 moreyears
    Because Pop has this franchise a trainwreck. Wemby ain't putting up with this if the ship hasn't been steadied and this team isn't competing for a le in Year 5. No superstar wants to be Patrick Ewing retiring ringless because the team can't get him a second star in his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not playing Branham or Doug was a small but huge improvement for the team. Branham is a 6th man and we already have Keldon. I'm rooting for Branham in general but he doesn't have a role on this team for the future unless he actually becomes a a shooter.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not playing Branham or Doug was a small but huge improvement for the team. Branham is a 6th man and we already have Keldon. I'm rooting for Branham in general but he doesn't have a role on this team for the future unless he actually becomes a a shooter.
    branham belongs in the austin spurs....Wesley turn to prove hes better and deserves sum playing time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic 39/44 FG over last 4 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham's a 12th man

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can see Giannis giving genuine advices to Wemby. 2min 43 mark start on Wemby part

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't see that Wemby was on the verge of fouling out as well.

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby ain’t turning down the years or money on a max rookie extension. No one does. Maybe he gets pop or wright fired. Maybe he forces his way out in year 7 or 8. But he isn’t turning down the extension and the big pay day. People bring up Tim almost going to Orlando or Shaq going to LA but that was over two decades ago and without the new extension rules. No superstar wants to be ringless. The only thing a young superstar wants less is to be making less money than he could be. He may leave at some point. He may force his way out at some point. But it isn’t going to be during or immediately after his rookie contract.

Thread Information