Page 265 of 343 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 8574
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt good about the strategy to grab Matas at 4 and wait until 8 to grab Dilly... but Topic's injury really throws a monkey wrench into that plan. I still probably rate Buzelis above Dilly... but if we could go Dilly at 4 and Holland at 8 I'd still be happy, but I have doubt Holland lasts until then. Don't really want Cody Williams and he might be what you end up with at 8 if you take Dilly at 4.

I didn't want Topic, but his injury definitely is mucking things up.
    Without Topic, you'd think they'd go for their #1 priority - whether it be a wing (ZR/Matas) or lead guard (Dilly/Shepherd). And then see what detritus falls to #8. Which probably means we're getting Connect, unless by some miracle he goes higher.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl for 9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unless he stays in the draft and is available in the 2nd round, as a draft and stash. but i seriously doubt that topic would go that route.
    Topic I’m drafting you at 8th so go fake an injury

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    combine numbers coming in Shep at 42 inch vertical

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC with him would be brutal. Hopefully, WAS takes him at 2, or trades down. Problem is that OKC has more than enough assets going forward that it makes a lot of sense for them to spend some and go from 12 to 2.
    Trading with Washington would be expensive but gotta think they'd pounce on that Portland pick if he gets past Charlotte. Blazers probably don't want Clingan when they just traded for Ayton and OKC can easily offer them better value than whatever they would pick there with 12 and a future first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    combine numbers coming in Shep at 42 inch vertical
    I’m waiting for the hands size and I’m sold

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt good about the strategy to grab Matas at 4 and wait until 8 to grab Dilly... but Topic's injury really throws a monkey wrench into that plan. I still probably rate Buzelis above Dilly... but if we could go Dilly at 4 and Holland at 8 I'd still be happy, but I have doubt Holland lasts until then. Don't really want Cody Williams and he might be what you end up with at 8 if you take Dilly at 4.

I didn't want Topic, but his injury definitely is mucking things up.
    Topic's knee injury is like hearing Texas Tech burned down after you sent all your college applications off and now you're stuck making Southwest Texas your safety school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was really counting on Topic to inject some fluidity to the top 8 and push down some goods to SAs TOR pick

Hopefully the combine spotlights some other names to pull up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope OKC doesn't get Clingan or his faster counterpart Edey. They'd be so tough with a physical 7'3" player.
    Finger crossed that both behemoths go east.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly does Buzelis excels at to warrant a #4 pick?
    Bad shooter, qeustionable handles, average wingspan, subpar defender.

Yeah, theoretically he can put it together, but when a player has so many question marks around him, it rarely works out.

That's why I'd rather have Risacher or Holland.
    Worst case scenario they can be good defenders and develop a servicable shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, just heard about Topic's injury. Disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly does Buzelis excels at to warrant a #4 pick?
    Bad shooter, qeustionable handles, average wingspan, subpar defender.

Yeah, theoretically he can put it together, but when a player has so many question marks around him, it rarely works out.

That's why I'd rather have Risacher or Holland.
    Worst case scenario they can be good defenders and develop a servicable shot.
    Buzelis has the versatility people think Zaccharie has tbh. He moves way better with the ball for a player his height.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buzelis has the versatility people think Zaccharie has tbh. He moves way better with the ball for a player his height.
    But we don't really need a forward to move with the ball. We need a forward who's going to defend, be a threat from deep and make timely cuts.
    We're looking for a point guard, Devin can be the secondary creator and Victor will also have the ball. We don't need five players capable of initiating the offense.

To put things into perspective, I'd rather have MPJ than Franz Wagner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we don't really need a forward to move with the ball. We need a forward who's going to defend, be a threat from deep and make timely cuts.We're looking for a point guard, Devin can be the secondary creator and Victor will also have the ball. We don't need five players capable of initiating the offense.To put things into perspective, I'd rather have MPJ than Franz Wagner.
    Hmm, to each his own then. When Wemby sits, I don’t want this team’s offense and defense to go to . I like the old Spurs’ way of all 48 minutes being dominant and that doesn’t really happen on a team full of one dimensional players. I get that Vassell is a guy who can shoulder the team when Wemby sits, but that’s not enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COMBINE SURPRISES:

- Reed Sheppard leads all in max vert at 42"

- Edey posting faster lane agility time than IQ, Bufkin, or Jaquez Jr.

- Castle leads all at 3 point star drill! 72% (18/25). Holland (9/25) worse than Clingan and Dunn lol

[update: Alex Karaban new 3PT Star drill leader with 82% (21/25); Castle now 3-way tied for #2 with Knecht/Tyson]

- Edey beats Clingan at 3/4 sprint and almost beat Sarr

- Edey with a higher 3PT Star drill score than Carrington, Klintman and McCain!

- Sarr having a great combine, 100% FT drill (10/10); Holland at (9/10) also a good shooting signal sign

- Klintman top 3 spot up shooter drill 68% (17/25); Holland at #4! with 60% (15/25)

feel free to add to this list with any other eye popping or unexpected results. Also welcome all corrections, thanks!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buzelis is Samanic with less quitting and less eastern bloc prison tattoos

Anyway

Mogbo only 6-6.25" barefoot, probably 6-8 in shoes. But with a 7-2 wingspan as related on Reddit. Smaller size then I'd hoped, even with that length and motor it would be hard to play him as he currently has zero shooting in his game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic's knee injury is like hearing Texas Tech burned down after you sent all your college applications off and now you're stuck making Southwest Texas your safety school.
    This one cut deep as an SWT alum, but... yeah I think you nailed it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Wemby sits, I don’t want this team’s offense and defense to go to .
    That's why I've been saying that getting a good backup rim protector is a must.

I like the old Spurs’ way of all 48 minutes being dominant and that doesn’t really happen on a team full of one dimensional players. I get that Vassell is a guy who can shoulder the team when Wemby sits, but that’s not enough.
    But every iteration of those rosters had guys who did nothing with the ball. After Bowen retired, we couldn't get past the hump until we drafted nephew. If not for that tragic choke, Danny would've won the FMVP with nothing but defense, cuts and c&s 3pts.

Assuming that Spurs don't trade anyone away, I kind of want triple threat playmaker, Devin, a couple of 3-D wings and Wemby starting. Obviously it would be better if one of those wings could handle the ball well, but not a must.
    Then have Tre-Keldon-Jeremy off the bench with one of those forwards always on the floor for spacing and a solid rim protector.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But every iteration of those rosters had guys who did nothing with the ball. After Bowen retired, we couldn't get past the hump until we drafted nephew. If not for that tragic choke, Danny would've won the FMVP with nothing but defense, cuts and c&s 3pts.

Assuming that Spurs don't trade anyone away, I kind of want triple threat playmaker, Devin, a couple of 3-D wings and Wemby starting. Obviously it would be better if one of those wings could handle the ball well, but not a must.
    Then have Tre-Keldon-Jeremy off the bench with one of those forwards always on the floor for spacing and a solid rim protector.
    Those teams with Nephew had multiple creators. This team only has one and a half (Wemby and Vassell). Please don’t attribute the success of that run to Danny Green ever again, lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With as flat as the top of this draft is, I wonder if Portland would be willing to do 7 and 14 for 4. Pick up two raw wings with 7 and 8 then pick up Devin Carter At 14 ahead of Miami as an immediate contributing combo guard who can also act as your point of attack defender for quick guards And give you the rebounding support that you need trying to play Sochan at the 4. He’s 6’3.5” in shoes with a 6’9” wingspan so can easily guard up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A decent read.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earlier today I was watching notable draft twitter & YouTube Draftnik Ben Pfeiffer's newest video about how he thinks Yves Missi is such a shotblocking stud and defensive potential guy that he should be a top 10 pick, so maybe that could be some outside the box thinking at 8 ....

But Pfeiffer also LOVED Zach Collins in college as a defensive superstar .... So I'm pretty down on Pfeiffer's ability to judge talent for the NBA lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those teams with Nephew had multiple creators. This team only has one and a half (Wemby and Vassell).
    And we're looking for a point guard. Three creators in the starting lineup is enough.
    Then we either develop Tre some more or get a backup point guard. Jeremy will never be a primary ballhandler, but he's certainly doing something and creates chaos.

Please don’t attribute the success of that run to Danny Green ever again, lol.
    He was just a product of the system. But every contender in the modern NBA needs elite off the ball players to space the floor.
    One thing Jokic said always stuck to me. He talked about how KCP is scary good because he requires no attention from coaches or plays called for him, but he's in the right place every single time even if you don't tell him to get to that spot. On both ends of the floor.

This isn't a draft to get superstars, especially not with #8 pick. Taking a swing with Dillingham and hoping he's the next Kyrie seems fair enough, but we must get that defensive wing with the other pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Topic, you'd think they'd go for their #1 priority - whether it be a wing (ZR/Matas) or lead guard (Dilly/Shepherd). And then see what detritus falls to #8. Which probably means we're getting Connect, unless by some miracle he goes higher.
    Knecht just jumped 39” with good size and length he doesn’t sound like any booby prize whatsoever at 8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have connect on our team. He’s #24.

Thread Information