Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Hawks: Spurs '24 1st, Hawks '26 1st (via Spurs), Johnson, Bertans, multiple Hornets 2nds

To Hornets: Hunter

To Spurs: Murray, Hawks '24 1st

Obviously, the viability would come down to the Hawks and Spurs swapping 1sts and would be dependent on the former targeting a specific player who won't be available at their pick and the Spurs not being enamored with those available at their own and being able to get their preferred option later.

If necessary, the Hornets 1st could also be utilized.
    i like this. we get dejounte and the #1 overall pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like this. we get dejounte and the #1 overall pick
    Think this was before ATL won the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think this was before ATL won the draft
    As a famous philosopher once said, "Assume he already knows that".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop, #4 and #8 this year, KJ and ____ for Donny Mitc .

Or Mobley.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any realistic players not named Trae that you'd be willing to move #4 + #8 for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any realistic players not named Trae that you'd be willing to move #4 + #8 for?
    Lauri if we could immediately increase his pa and extend him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garland, if stuff goes sideways in CLE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do Lauri.... probably Donovan Mitc ... Ingram (but I'd need more coming back)...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garland, if stuff goes sideways in CLE.
    I think I'd pass on Garland..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if right place - but someone on Twitter, Eric Zhang?, posted about league sources surrounding a spurs day trade involving Keldon and potentially one of Sochan, Wesley or Branham

https://twitter.com/EricZhangNBA/sta...44472921678283
    saw this too. Was coming here to see what people were saying about it…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MaNu4Tres suggested Keldon + Branham + 4 + Cha 1st + atl 26 swap for Dejounte + pick 1. Thoughts?

Would you trade CHA pick + 4 to move up to 1 and get your favorite player for sure?

Is Keldon + Branham + 26 ATL swap for Dejounte a good/fair deal?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs use capspace to extend him to a market value extension after a trade? Otherwise would suck to get in a Dejounte situation where you can't offer a market value extension and have to wait to free agency.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MaNu4Tres suggested Keldon + Branham + 4 + Cha 1st + atl 26 swap for Dejounte + pick 1. Thoughts?

Would you trade CHA pick + 4 to move up to 1 and get your favorite player for sure?

I wouldn't do the 1st DJ deal..

Yes, I'd give cha + 4 to move to 3 (if I'm reading that right)

That's a fair deal. That's not an endorsement though, just a statement that it's fair value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs use capspace to extend him to a market value extension after a trade? Otherwise would suck to get in a Dejounte situation where you can't offer a market value extension and have to wait to free agency.
    Some of our resident capologists (I think it was Ariel or Chinook) said that Utah can do this (and then he would be eligible to trade on Dec 15), I'm not sure if it still applies if the Spurs traded for him but it would seem so?

4 + 8 + CHI plus either Collins or Keldon for Lauri (Collins or Keldon roughly equals Lauri's contract, so the Spurs preserve their $22MM of cap space to use to give Lauri a raise before extending him)?

Unfortunately Spotrac seems to have updated their website to put most useful information behind their paywall... which sucks because it is really an awesome website but not one I'm willing to pay for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've made my opposition to a Mark trade apparent. For me, the reasons to not trade for him are just as apparent as those to not trade for Young or Mitc . I'd want no part in this deal.

But to clarify, the Spurs wouldn't be able to renegotiate Mark as far as I know, because there's a six-month prohibition against renegotiating and extending. Typically, the NBA closes the loophole where teams can just do the actions in the opposite order. Mark's extension window is also extremely late because he didn't sign until August. This means the Jazz wouldn't be able to negotiate and extend him, wait six months and then trade him before the deadline.

It's not very likely at all that Mark is traded this year. MAYBE at the deadline he's traded as an expiring, but I wouldn't put it past Ainge to value S&T possibilities over whatever Lauri would get as a rental.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've made my opposition to a Mark trade apparent. For me, the reasons to not trade for him are just as apparent as those to not trade for Young or Mitc . I'd want no part in this deal.

But to clarify, the Spurs wouldn't be able to renegotiate Mark as far as I know, because there's a six-month prohibition against renegotiating and extending. Typically, the NBA closes the loophole where teams can just do the actions in the opposite order. Mark's extension window is also extremely late because he didn't sign until August. This means the Jazz wouldn't be able to negotiate and extend him, wait six months and then trade him before the deadline.

It's not very likely at all that Mark is traded this year. MAYBE at the deadline he's traded as an expiring, but I wouldn't put it past Ainge to value S&T possibilities over whatever Lauri would get as a rental.
    Thanks for the clarification on the renegotiate and extend potential. Looks like he signed his extension on Aug 28, 2021, which would mean if Utah renegotiates and extends then he won't even be eligible to trade until AFTER the trade deadline. So if Utah does this, it essentially takes him off the market until next off-season (and could be a sign that Utah values him as the core of their own rebuild, not as a trade piece)

In this case, then no - I wouldn't give up 4 and 8 for Lauri (but I otherwise would if the contract situation were more favorable to us).

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Atlanta hangs up the phone immediately.

The CHA first is unlikely to convey as a first at all and Branham has basically zero value right now. The Hawks would be downgrading this year's pick from #1 to #4 and downgrading from Dejounte to Keldon, just to get back the 2026 swap.

For this to even sniff possibility you have to do probably at least two of: include the Hawks 2025 pick, their 2027 pick, and Vassell instead of Keldon.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I crazy to think that PATFO should try everything they can to get Cade?

Pistons are a dumpster fire, they don't have a new GM yet, Cade hasn't signed an extension and even if he does, they have no chance of moving from the bottom for at least two more seasons, if not three.
    He'll only be a detriment to their tanking.

He's got the right mindeset, kept trying his best on that sorry ass team and dragged them to those few wins they had.
    Fit wise he's almost an ideal partner for Wemby and he could fit in any lineup.

Out of all the potential star trades, he seems like the most logical target if he becomes available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'd pass on Garland..
    Same. Injury prone, lacks assertiveness at best/soft at worst, not all that efficient (doesn't shoot enough 3's or get to the line enough) and a physical liability defensively.

Might as well just pick Dillingham, who has at least a decent chance of being as good or better offensively.

You guys and your homer trades.

My best guess for a Murray to Spurs framework post lottery is . . .

Hawks receive: 8 (they were rumored interested in Grimes, so maybe Walter?), '26 Hawks 1st, Hornets 1st, Johnson

Spurs receive: Murray

If they Hawks prefer to significantly cut salary, then include the Hornets and offer either Johnson or Hunter for Bertans and low level youth/draft capital or failing that maybe just Graham instead of Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I crazy to think that PATFO should try everything they can to get Cade?

Pistons are a dumpster fire, they don't have a new GM yet, Cade hasn't signed an extension and even if he does, they have no chance of moving from the bottom for at least two more seasons, if not three.
    He'll only be a detriment to their tanking.

He's got the right mindeset, kept trying his best on that sorry ass team and dragged them to those few wins they had.
    Fit wise he's almost an ideal partner for Wemby and he could fit in any lineup.

Out of all the potential star trades, he seems like the most logical target if he becomes available.
    Definitely interested. What do you think it would take?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely interested. What do you think it would take?
    I doubt they'd be interested in any of our players.
    Keldon is already too old for a fresh rebuild, Branham and Wesley are worthless and they've got Ausar so I don't think they'd be interested in Jeremy, another non-shooting forward.
    Unless there's a third team involved for Keldon, they'd want picks. And I'd rather ship Collins and trade Keldon ourselves than have Collins on the roster.

I'd say Chicago '25, Hornets '25 (this one won't convey, so whatever), #4 Spurs '24 and two more down the road.
    Probably one Spurs/Hawks '25 and one Spurs/Hawks '27. Maybe some more SRPs if they're into that.

Fake Hornets FRP is for them to take Collins, then three good FRPs and a risky Chicago one.
    And Spurs would still have at least one pick every year.

Seems like a lot, but he's a point guard who hasn't even turned 23 yet and already averaged 7.5 assists on a horrible team. 23ppg on 45/36/87 splits.
    He improved his shooting a lot and he can be a positive defender in the right system. Not good enough to be point of attack, but good enough to not ever get hunted and to have good team defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they'd be interested in any of our players.
    Keldon is already too old for a fresh rebuild, Branham and Wesley are worthless and they've got Ausar so I don't think they'd be interested in Jeremy, another non-shooting forward.
    Unless there's a third team involved for Keldon, they'd want picks. And I'd rather ship Collins and trade Keldon ourselves than have Collins on the roster.

I'd say Chicago '25, Hornets '25 (this one won't convey, so whatever), #4 Spurs '24 and two more down the road.
    Probably one Spurs/Hawks '25 and one Spurs/Hawks '27. Maybe some more SRPs if they're into that.

Fake Hornets FRP is for them to take Collins, then three good FRPs and a risky Chicago one.
    And Spurs would still have at least one pick every year.

Seems like a lot, but he's a point guard who hasn't even turned 23 yet and already averaged 7.5 assists on a horrible team. 23ppg on 45/36/87 splits.
    He improved his shooting a lot and he can be a positive defender in the right system. Not good enough to be point of attack, but good enough to not ever get hunted and to have good team defense.
    Heavy price to pay for someone that won't be "the point of attack" but I concur with your conclusion. Plus he's a native Texan and might not feel the need to run off when he can. Solid option tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heavy price to pay for someone that won't be "the point of attack" but I concur with your conclusion. Plus he's a native Texan and might not feel the need to run off when he can. Solid option tbh.
    My bad, when I said point of attack, I meant point of attack defender.
    He's definitely a point guard (forward?) on offense.

He was a #1 pick after all, since most people in here don't want anything to do with players under 6'4-6'5, how many 6'6 all-star point guards are going to ever be available?

Mind you, this would only be possible if he asks out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw something on X the other day where some NBA guy (Eric Zhang) says Keldon and one of Sochan, Branham, or Wesley will be moved on a draft day trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Eric Zhang guy, as someone pointed out, only has like 40 followers on Twitter. So he's either the most low key insider ever, or just some random account not worth paying too much attention to.

Thread Information