Page 290 of 377 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 9425
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, how long do you think it takes to develop raw players? Two of those guys were in their second ing year. Jesus Christ.

Second, if you don't think Wesley and Branham were much different at the end of the year than they were at the beginning, I don't know what to tell you.

Spurs fans, man.
    You were all in on Primo

Mr. Body takes, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lu Dort’s wingspan is 6’8.75”. He’s a pretty elite defender without a 7’ wingspan. Wingspan is only a tool. Plenty of guys with high plus ratings aren’t as defenders. Dejounte Murray is a ing THIEF in the passing lanes with a 6’10” wingspan.
    neither is a shot blocker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, how long do you think it takes to develop raw players? Two of those guys were in their second ing year. Jesus Christ.

Second, if you don't think Wesley and Branham were much different at the end of the year than they were at the beginning, I don't know what to tell you.

Spurs fans, man.
    Wesley was the only raw prospect. Sochan to a lesser extent. Just look at the Thunder. SGA, Dort, Giddey, and Williams all made significant strides their second year. Not always common but the lack of development of the last few years of draft picks is not a great sign. Don't even want to mention Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    neither is a shot blocker.
    So what? You shouldn’t be looking for elite shot blocking from a GUARD. Are you ing mental?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what? You shouldn’t be looking for elite shot blocking from a GUARD. Are you ing mental?
    the argument is that his wingspan suggests he will not be a good defender because of it. Since he doesn't seem to be at the top in terms of leaping ability or quickness, i think it is safe to say the report should focus on how good of a feel for D and how clever he is on that front. Again, i'm just projecting him as a pick in terms on defensive potential. I think we can all agree, he doesn't have value as a scorer or playmaker early on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not development but rather taking the wrong players. Wright is a mostly ty drafter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were all in on Primo

Mr. Body takes, man.
    I wanted Sengun. Lmao on twerpy .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley was the only raw prospect. Sochan to a lesser extent. Just look at the Thunder. SGA, Dort, Giddey, and Williams all made significant strides their second year. Not always common but the lack of development of the last few years of draft picks is not a great sign. Don't even want to mention Primo.
    We have no idea what Primo might have done with development although we're gong to hear about this from people like you until the end of our days. It's just a complete break down of mental capacity on your end.

And it takes time to develop nineteen year old in this league. I just know you're going to be ing about whoever we draft this year, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs taking Salaun 8th overall confirmed.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lu Dort’s wingspan is 6’8.75”. He’s a pretty elite defender without a 7’ wingspan. Wingspan is only a tool. Plenty of guys with high plus ratings aren’t as defenders. Dejounte Murray is a ing THIEF in the passing lanes with a 6’10” wingspan.
    As opposed to Branham's 6'10" wingspan

Might be the worst defender in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs taking Salaun 8th overall confirmed.

Givony is dumping Risacher for Salaun.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic- 4
    Salaun-8

I can see the Spurs doing this. Being conservative as they are they won't take the chance that Topic falls to 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic- 4
    Salaun-8

I can see the Spurs doing this. Being conservative as they are they won't take the chance that Topic falls to 8.
    Spurstalk servers aren't ready to deal with the meltdown that will follow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a draft full of potential ok roleplayers i wouldn't be mad if the Spurs swung for the fences and drafted someone like Salaun even if they strike out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Salaun. Just not at 4 or 8. Don’t mind getting Dillingham or Sheppard at 4, then trading 8 or like a 14th pick and some future draft considerations to lane salaun if he’s still around.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    ie ron holland character issues........he forcibly told texas to hire rodney terry or he would decomitt.......he decomitted days after terry was hired..........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a feeling Spurs will go with Topic #4 and Salaun #8
    Then goodbye Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As opposed to Branham's 6'10" wingspan

Might be the worst defender in the league
    You’re making my point for me. Thanks. He’s arguing that a defender has to have a 7’ wingspan.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a draft that so many people are saying is weak, I am unsure why anyone would be drafting for position or need. "Well, he isn't an NBA player, but he is a wing defender." "Well, he has a sketchy injury history, but he's a point guard with a long wingspan."

Jesus. The only thing you want out of this draft are guys who will help the team. That means guys who will stick in the league. Draft for upside. If you think a guy has potential to be a star, pick him. Who gives a how he fits on the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a draft that so many people are saying is weak, I am unsure why anyone would be drafting for position or need. "Well, he isn't an NBA player, but he is a wing defender." "Well, he has a sketchy injury history, but he's a point guard with a long wingspan."

Jesus. The only thing you want out of this draft are guys who will help the team. That means guys who will stick in the league. Draft for upside. If you think a guy has potential to be a star, pick him. Who gives a how he fits on the team?
    Who in this draft has star potential?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree with this, and not just for a weak draft. You build talent through the draft, you build a team through trades and FA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have no idea what Primo might have done with development although we're gong to hear about this from people like you until the end of our days. It's just a complete break down of mental capacity on your end.

And it takes time to develop nineteen year old in this league. I just know you're going to be ing about whoever we draft this year, too.
    Thanks for the over the top response, digging in your heels for no reason, and ignoring the facts in my post. Classic.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re making my point for me. Thanks. He’s arguing that a defender has to have a 7’ wingspan.
    Just ting on Branham, how the can you have that wingspan and be the worst defender on at least the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the over the top response, digging in your heels for no reason, and ignoring the facts in my post. Classic.
    What are the facts in your post.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who in this draft has star potential?
    That's what you came away from my comment with? Asking me for talent evaluation?

I'm unsure how to spell it out any more simply for you.

By most accounts from this message board, we have a young superstar, and his surrounding cast is utterly devoid of talent. Guys who have been in the league for one or two years, barely old enough to drink are a total loss. By that rationale, nobody in their right mind can think those guys can be replaced by new 19-year-olds unless they have tremendous upside and can show something right away.

Therefore, the only strategy is home run swings.

Thread Information