Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this roster construction talk seems a bit premature.

Like talking about adultery when you're trying to get a first date.

Just get some basketball players, some building blocks, and only then start thinking about roster construction.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if the Spurs can turn Holland or Castle into the shooters they would have to be to survive on this team. Obviously, I’d be thrilled to be wrong but we just haven’t turned a poor shooter into a great shooter in a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs undoubtedly take Sarr or trade to someone who will.
    You have to take Sarr in that scenario.. it also makes it very likely that Sheppard or Dilly is there at #8 along with Salaun, Williams, Knecht, or Holland.

It's not the draft we envisioned, but we could find ourselves looking back and seeing that it's what we needed.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham might be an even worse defender than Trae, and nowhere near Trae’s level on offense (especially not passing-wise). And he’s far from the only shooter in this draft. It would be a big mistake.

The spurs need to use at least one of these picks on a 3&D type big wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the mindset for many is that spurs need to move quickly on a point and running on an assumption that its now or nothing in terms of picking the RIGHT point guard. But, if dillingham or topic, or even castle dont work out as “the one”, I feel we still have time. So why rush the process and just pick the player with the highest potential. Because at this point all positions are in need. That’s why castle should be our guy. He’s a proven winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs have so many holes in the lineup at this stage with so many young, still developing players that they can’t be so myopic in focusing on any positional player in the first round. Especially in this draft class with so many unknown & underdeveloped kids in the draft. I feel they should pick the 2 best players available and only consider their position as a tiebreaker. I think the best way to fill a specific position is by trading for a player with a known & well defined skill set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m okay with Dilly, Vassell and Castle as our 3 guards rotation. I really like Mamu than Sochan at 4, with his size and range not to mention Diaw-esque passing. Dilly, Vassell, Castle, Mamu, Wemby lineup I think competes.

I’m sure Tre starts for now likewise Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham might be an even worse defender than Trae, and nowhere near Trae’s level on offense (especially not passing-wise). And he’s far from the only shooter in this draft. It would be a big mistake.

Castle is your best perimeter, point-of-attack in this class. Just need to work on his 3.

Vassell/Castle/Sochan/Wemby are all good help defenders. Dilly will be okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, we'll let the factory know!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle is your best perimeter, point-of-attack in this class. Just need to work on his 3.

Devin Carter might argue that point, and he has a better 3 pt shot...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just trade pick 8 + CHA their pick back for pick 6 and you dont have to sweat as much
    I know this draft is bad but moving up from 8 to 6 with two second rounders? Why would Charlotte do that just to let the Spurs pick the guy they probably want at 6 in Castle?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this draft is bad but moving up from 8 to 6 with two second rounders? Why would Charlotte do that just to let the Spurs pick the guy they probably want at 6 in Castle?
    I imagine the thinking would be to free up the pick for them to trade, since they cannot trade their 2025 1st (not that they'd want to) until it's certain not to convey. But given they suck ass i don't see any reason they'd do that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think it is all the more likely we get to pick rizz or sarr with the 4.. dream scenario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's annoying because Charlotte would be a playoff team if they were healthy. The East is such right now.

Unfortunately, LaMelo is made out of glass like his brother and Mark Williams might not ever play in the league again tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's annoying because Charlotte would be a playoff team if they were healthy. The East is such right now.

Unfortunately, LaMelo is made out of glass like his brother and Mark Williams might not ever play in the league again tbh.
    Didn't realize Williams injury was of this severity. Could CHA be in play for Clingan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think getting control of their pick for sure is 100% worth moving back 2 spots. 2 2nds to move up 2 spots in this draft seems reasonable to me on its own, but theres added value in guaranteed control a your own pick on top of that. I think CHA pretty easily does this

Not to mention that with LaMelo starting healthy, Miller being a great success and them trying to sign Bridges (who they missed due to suspension) it doesnt seem like they aren’t fighting for playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The doomsday scenario is Castle at 4 and Salaun at 8 (I'm fine with the latter in isolation) and would be typical Spurs.

In dire need of shooting and primary play making and yet consumed with the one guard who offers neither (and is an archetype that has a high bust rate) because they've predetermined they want a big combo guard/small wing who they perceive to fit their ethos at lead guard.

If they're going to do this, then Jones should be traded immediately because Sochan, Castle and him would be untenable and there'd be an even more dire need for a guard with some level of experience who can create and shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think it is all the more likely we get to pick rizz or sarr with the 4.. dream scenario
    i'd say there's less than a 1% chance of sarr making it past 2

probably something like a 33% chance of risacher making it to 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m okay with Dilly, Vassell and Castle as our 3 guards rotation. I really like Mamu than Sochan at 4, with his size and range not to mention Diaw-esque passing. Dilly, Vassell, Castle, Mamu, Wemby lineup I think competes.

I’m sure Tre starts for now likewise Sochan.
    Mamu is REALLY BAD at defense. His defense is like Sochan’s jumper, off axis and frequently off target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think Castle will make it to #8, Spurs probably would need to take him at 4 if they want him. I could see a team trading up to 6 or 7 to draft him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would agree with you if there were even one in the lottery range. Unfortunately, this draft, as a whole is 3 OR D. No one seems to have both skills together at a good to very good level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ending up with Dilli-Vassell-Castle as our 1-3 of the future feel disappointed, too small backcourt for today NBA...

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get Castle wanting to play PG. It's where he has most value long term if he hits.

He probably signed at UConn thinking he'd be able to play more on ball, then UConn kept Newton and got Cam Spencer, and he fit into an off ball role and defended his ass off. Being able to both be a primary on ball scorer(High school) and be an off ball defensive wing / fitting in as a role player is perfectly fine. Low level outcome is a 3 position defender role player (Tony Allen with less defense and more on ball juice?) high end is Tyreke Evans as a plus defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ending up with Dilli-Vassell-Castle as our 1-3 of the future feel disappointed, too small backcourt for today NBA...
    Castle has tremendous size for a PG..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's either that or draft the tall players who don't know how to play. We can always have Kalel Ware at point. We can also just forfeit the draft picks.

Thread Information