GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Has anyone ever used something like this? Does the quality suck on a LCD? I know DVDs blow unless you have an upscaler, is this the same type of thing?

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I don't use an ipod for it, but yeah, .avi's (or whatever Apple's proprietary is) look great on your tv.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't use an ipod for it, but yeah, .avi's (or whatever Apple's proprietary is) look great on your tv.
    so it's worth getting then? Pretty good quality?

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I'd say so. I bought my pmp for the music player, but now I use it almost solely as a video device with my TV. Extensively. And I do notice a difference between the quality on my LCD and Standard Def, the latter looking better. But when you're hooking up a handheld device you just have to accept that it's a trade-off between super high quality and extreme convenience.

The quality is as good as the source. I mean, quality video of a dvdrip is comparable to that of a DVD. If that's not good enough, I don't know? Settle? But it's not going to be HD. Usually movies are compressed a bit and it negligibly affects the quality to a degree; blacks get blacker and whites get whiter, but it's hardly noticeable when ripped from a dvd source. I'd go for it unless you're looking to turn your ipod into a digital blu-ray player.
    Last edited by balli; 01-23-2009 at 03:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont get it....?

you're better off burning the vid to disc and playing it in a dvd player instead of converting it to the small format ipods require and trying to interpolate it to a tv screen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has anyone done video out to a tv from the 3g iphone....what cable do you need and do you have to tweek any setting....my brother in law is tryng to figure that out to save his life...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    i dont get it....?

you're better off burning the vid to disc and playing it in a dvd player instead of converting it to the small format ipods require and trying to interpolate it to a tv screen.
    I can't burn Itunes videos, plus my DVD burner is broke. I just want to watch a do entary that is on itunes on my tv, so I figured I could buy it and put in on a ipod then watch it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't burn Itunes videos, plus my DVD burner is broke. I just want to watch a do entary that is on itunes on my tv, so I figured I could buy it and put in on a ipod then watch it
    that sucks about your burner being broke and i am sure there is some way to get that vid from itunes... anyhow good luck with whatever path you choose.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't iPod video something like 320x240x29.97? That's gotta look horrible on the bigscreen. I don't know, as I use my iPod strictly for music and other audio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when i used to have my zune hooked up to my xbox 360 it would play movies of it in 640 I believe which sucked ass on a big screen

Thread Information