Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    Myck Kabongo has some sick handles, but he's making some really stupid turnovers. I'm liking what I'm seeing out of Khem Birch, who I think is a bit underrated.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    The last time I watched that game, I remember thinking how great JR Smith was going to be in the NBA.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    The last time I watched that game, I remember thinking how great JR Smith was going to be in the NBA.
    He should have been. Speaking of selfish play, Austin Rivers is looking like Iverson-lite tonight.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Yep. He's still probably top three in the NBA as far as sheer talent. What a waste.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis looks like the best player on the floor here by far. Handles like a guard, good hustle, he's blocking shots, good work on the glass, and he's got the size to throw lobs to.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    God, I hope Coach K teaches Rivers how to pass the damn ball.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    Speak of the devil... Rivers with a nice assist about 45 seconds after I posted that.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    And then Rivers follows that play up by shooting a long contested three a few seconds into the shot clock.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Boycotting the game until they revise their selection committee. Two years in a row with almost no West Coast representatives. It's become an East Coast circle jerk. Wiltjer is the lone rep west of Texas. Kabongo of Findlay Prep is actually from Ontario. Zero California players repped, zero Pac-10 reps.

Davis is the , though. One of the best prospects I've seen in a while. He's twice the player either Perry or Terrence Jones is.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    What's your opinion on Drummond? I love the size, passing, and handles, but he looks lazy sometimes.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    What's your opinion on Drummond?
    Andre? He's got the requisites (height, size, solid skills/athleticism), but I haven't seen anything more than a few highlight vids, so I can't say.

Haven't seen a lot of 2012 yet. Really only the guys Arizona is in on, Shabazz and a few of the AZ prep prospects.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    LOL, I just noticed the coach from Hoop Dreams is in charge of the "west" team.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    Khem Birch killing on the offensive glass. I'm really impressed by him tonight.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    For what it's worth, Shabazz is my favorite prospect in 2012. He's so damn fluid and smooth with his game. He's got so much skill right now, his transition in college is going to be laughably easy. If he goes to UCLA, he may struggle a bit more going from an open offense to a more regulated offense, but he's a killer. Honestly, save for five or six teams, he will instantly be the best player on the roster for every team in the country the second he steps on the court. I think he's all decade as far as talent.

I'm anxious to see him at the collegiate level. Very sad it's not at UA.

Still UA, has this 'cat, who should have been a McD AA based on this game alone:

Kid missed one shot all game (a FT), which included multiple pullup Js and some from range. He had the game of his life on ESPN vs. Yates, the defending two-time National Prep Champion, and still top-15 ranked squad at the time. Yates was riding a two-season+ win streak when Johnson's game mercilessly ended it. This is Dennis Johnson's nephew.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    Yeah, the announcers were complaining earlier about Johnson not being in the game.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    McAdoo was really making the West pay for every turnover. I can't count how many times dude got breakaway dunks. Big game from Gilchrist too despite missing the first shot of the game in a really embarrassing airball. Davis definitely looked like the best prospect there though.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Duke is gonna be so sick if Irving returns with Rivers and the 3rd Plumlee, who's supposed to be better than the other 2 knuckleheads.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    Duke is gonna be so sick if Irving returns with Rivers and the 3rd Plumlee, who's supposed to be better than the other 2 knuckleheads.
    Marshall Plumlee is a of lot more athletic than his brothers. He had some really nice dunks the other night in the dunk contest. I can't see Irving passing up being a top 3 pick though. Barnes on the other hand sounds like a better bet to stay. UNC rolling out a frontline of Barnes/Henson/Zeller/McAdoo would be filthy next year. Their 2-guard recruit PJ Hairston looks to be a decent player too.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    They'll be good, but Plumlee isn't that much better than his brothers. More athletic, but just as skilled. He's only a McD AA because he's going to Duke. He's ranked from 65-80 by almost every national service. I doubt he makes a significant impact as a freshman. Maybe by his junior year.

However, with Irving, Duke's backcourt of Irving, Rivers and Cook is arguably the best in the country, and Duke is also going after 5-star SG DeAndre Daniels from everything I know. They land him, they'll be a top-10 team by season's end. A bit thin up front as far as singular impact, but solid depth, and, while young, they'd boast a starting backcourt with potentially top-5 picks.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    Did Findlay Prep go undefeated this year because um quite frankly they should have .

A consensus 5 star PG Kabongo, basically a 4.5 star SG Nick Johnson, a 4 star SF Garrett, plus a 4 star PF and a 4 star C from next year's class. Jesus that's potentially a decent college team let alone a high school team.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    No. They lost early to Academy of the New Church to drop from preseason #1. I think they lost one more, as well. But they did destroy several top-10 programs, including Yates and IMG Academy.

From my knowledge:

PG: Kabongo (2011), 5-Star
    SG: Johnson (2011), 4/5-Star
    SF: Garrett (2011), 4-Star
    SF/PF: Shepard (2012), 4/5-Star
    PF: Bennett (2012), 4-Star
    C: Lucas (2012), 4-Star
    SG: Williams-Goss (2013), 4-Star

Damn good team.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Kabongo is going to be sick...I like the Rivers' kid, but the guy that should have been there was Nick Johnson...

Kentucky is going to be illegal if Brandon Knight stays--pretty lethal if he goes anyhow. NC...wow!

Thread Information