Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I refuse to play this game on a console and I'm going to hold out until I upgrade my computer. I don't think I've felt that way before for any of the current gen games.
    Funny enough, the console versions are getting better reviews than the pc. Great game BTW. Definitely game of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I picked it up a few hours ago and already logged about 3 hours. I was getting worried that I "grew up" and started losing interest in video games (uncharted 3 is a waste of money) but I am LOVING this game.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    This game is ing awesome. Already logged 3 hours into it and really haven't done yet tbh, just killed the first dragon in main quest but that's it.

My character is a Mage, magic is sick in this game

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yeah I agree. When I started I swore I wasn't going to use magic.. then in the first dungeon I decided to try it and now it's pretty much all I use.

The game is just straight up amazing. I really am not a rpg guy and definitely not a wizards and magic guy. I had picked up Fallout New Vegas on a whim when it came out and was shocked to like it. I later picked up Oblivion and my God I hated it. The animations were terrible.. the land and atmosphere were boring to me.. and the combat sucked. Add in the fact the menus were a mess to me and I couldn't stand it.

But I've been working plenty of OT and really wanted a good single player game to hold my interest ( I rage quit too much in Dark Souls, for whatever reason can't seem to get into Arkham City, and Uncharted 3 got boring a bit past midway when I realized it was the same game as the second but with an annoying fighting emphasis). I picked up Skyrim yesterday after work and planned on playing it for a second then playing MW3 all morning... Never got on MW3 (minus about a half hour, to play with my cousin, before I went to bed ).

The game is amazing.. it is light years better than oblivion. I don't see how this isn't game of the year.. well.. unless Zelda turns out being something along the lines of OoT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those Frost Trolls are a ... I found the first one at level 6 (I'm playing Imperial, with pretty much only restorative magic), and it just whacked me. I'm level 10 now, just killed my 3rd dragon, but it's hard to tell what % of the game I've completed. I'm going to catch a break now that I'm in between missions and do some side quests to level up more.

I was playing Oblivion the last couple of weeks to warm up to this, and two things that are a major improvement are: 1) You can run. Even if it uses up your stamina, it's great when you're traveling major distances. 2) Being over-en bered doesn't prevent you from walking. Now at least you can walk to Lydia and off-load whatever you need.

Really enjoying the game so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono, I'm level 6 and ran into my first frost troll 10 minutes ago. I've died 3 times in a row... how do I beat it without lowering the difficulty???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono, I'm level 6 and ran into my first frost troll 10 minutes ago. I've died 3 times in a row... how do I beat it without lowering the difficulty???
    I gather you're on the mountain before the temple. Save the game right before the er. What I did was back up and let Lydia hurt the dude with arrows for a bit, then she goes on the attack. I loaded up healing on the left hand, axe on the right. While it was attacking Lydia I went and started axing it, once he hit you twice and leaves you with about 10%, use the shout to cause it to go dumb for a second, then start running away while healing with the left hand. Lydia will eventually come back up and attack it again. Repeat until you kill it. It took me easily 6 or 7 tries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something I learned when I was level 8 already: Go buy/sell at the Riverwood market. It increases your speech, and also gives you plenty of experience points to level up. I made the mistake to head out for the horn at level 7 or so, and you have to go through a place called the Labyrinth or something like that, that has 3 frost trolls on it. I managed to kill one, but it's just too impossible at that level. I ended up sprinting through the area to avoid them. I'm gonna head back once I'm level 12 or 13 and whack them then. It's just ridiculous because it's easier to kill a dragon or a mammoth than to kill those trolls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched some video of giants clubbing the ground, sending a bear into the air and then the player as well.

Yeah... I must get this game soon. I consider myself a gamer and have never played the series. Such a shame.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Decided to go swimming in the large river...little did I know that it would lead to the ing white water rapids and eventually a 40 foot waterfall with rocks at the bottom. Needless to say my character was ed

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Decided to go swimming in the large river...little did I know that it would lead to the ing white water rapids and eventually a 40 foot waterfall with rocks at the bottom. Needless to say my character was ed
    Did you see Koolaid_Man?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see Koolaid_Man?

I thought a major release like that wouldn't want to put gays in the game and risk protests from the parents groups and though.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Its cool that (it seems) we are having the same kind of introduction to the game.

I am lvl6, wear heavy armor but use mostly magic (i know, stupid) playing on Expert. The first dragon wasnt too difficult once I figured out a strategy to kill it (which consisted of hiding in the tower and only coming out to take pot shots). The second dragon on the other hand...I am failing repeatedly (side note, in one re-load of fighting the second dragon, two sabretooths appeared and both started attacking the dragon! They were doing some big damage too. I should have backed off, but instead I got close and started to attack the dragon. Well, the dragon flies, I dont. Once it went to the air, the sabretooths turned on me. One hit...it leapt from about 20ft away and I was dead. Awesome).

I saw my first frost giant probably at the same point you guys did. I didnt know if they were hostile, so I approached one and immediately noticed he was aggressive. I was maybe lvl4 or some ...anyway, he comes in for a strike, I put my shield up to block and SMACK! I literally flew 200ft into the air (i said out loud "I can see my house from heeeeeeeeeere!"). It was awesome!

Hooked from that moment on. Game is incredible...absolutely ing incredible.

***SEMI-SPOLIER ALERT***

A tip for new players. Dont steal weapons or armor early. I did and since you cant sell it and you dont have a place to store it, all it does is weigh you down and create an inventory nightmare.

Step right into the game and progress the main story until you kill the first dragon. First, you make money. Second, and more importantly, you get a "housecarl". A companion who you can use as a pack mule, because thats about all she is good for (oh, she is great diversion, too).

Make 5000 gold as soon as humanly possible. Its the cost of your first house where you will finally be able to store .

***END SPOILER***

I have this really weird obsession with books in these kind of games. I have to have every one, even if theyre not skill books. I like to read them...all of them. I have my housecarl (Lydia?) carrying at least 50-80 books right now, just waiting until I can afford the house to finally store them for reading.

I am having a blast. I havent encountered one "bad" bug yet. I have semi-fallen into the ground (about waist high), but thats it. You just hit jump and youre out...no biggie. Beyond that, nothing...which is really surprising for a game like this.

This game is literally going to rule my gaming life for a very long time, I think.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    One thing I am doing that is probably hampering me in a big way is not using my perks. I have 5 stored up (being lvl6). I am a money in RPGs, I want the best of the best early...to have it, you need money. I am waiting until my speechcraft is 30 and then I am going to dump them all in there. Probably going to have 6-7 perks by that time, then I will be able to sell at almost full price, especially with the +50% sale price to vendors who are the opposite sex.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    lets see those pics DarkReign
    If you know of a pic hosting site that doesnt down-convert the image, I'd be happy to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you know of a pic hosting site that doesnt down-convert the image, I'd be happy to.
    Flickr or Picasa have a 20MB image limit, so they should work.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Cool, check it out when I get home.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    DR, are there not fences for the thieves guild in this game? I remember that in oblivio you'd sell all stolen to the thieves guild fences

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    DR, are there not fences for the thieves guild in this game? I remember that in oblivio you'd sell all stolen to the thieves guild fences
    I would assume there are, yes. But none that I ave found so very early in the game.

Thus the suggestion of not stealing heavy early on, not until you have a place to store it for later when you do find a fence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While it was attacking Lydia I went and started axing it,
    What did you axe it?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    ^ that is brilliant.

I havent figured out which key allows you to pick things up, although I must say I havent looked very hard.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    From photobucket

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Those give it absolutely no justice.

Each pic is 6.59MB @ 1920x1200

I upload them to Photobucket...156KB @ 800x500