Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm thinking Mitch won't pull a trigger until Nash comes back and they find out even he can't fix the Lakers' issues.
    Probably wouldn't deal for Bargs though, LA does decent on trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure most GMs wouldn't trade for Bargnani, he's on a worse contract compared to Bonner and Bonner can play, even if he sucks in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's camping with the Warriors right now I think
    Great. So the Lakers offer Gasol for a big and a wing. GS should offer Biedrins and Jefferson. Instead, they offer Lee and Barnes.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to Cleveland for Kyrie and Sideshow Bob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great. So the Lakers offer Gasol for a big and a wing. GS should offer Biedrins and Jefferson. Instead, they offer Lee and Barnes.
    That's what i was thinking

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion, Dantay Jones and Kaman for Pau... they would need to wait until Dec 15 though, that's the earliest Kaman can be traded... Kaman is an expiring too, so the Lakeshow would get some cap relief at the end of the season...

Kaman is only there to make the numbers work and give the Lakeshow a $8 million cap relief next summer...
    The lakers are targeting a star not a washed up player like Marion. Kaman and Jones don't fit the bill as the star types the lakers will try to get.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Mavs don't need Gasol. They need a PG.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    if lakers got something like josh smith or something of similar value for the dead corpse of gasol, NBA = ed. fat old son of a stern has lost interest in the team of TOSB n he ain't likely to gift them another superstar imho. realistic proposal would be pau to dallas for marion + fillers (kaman most likely)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers will end up getting Varejao+Irving+Waiters

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on record saying they should trade with Denver. Pau Gasol for Gallinari, Wilson Chandler & Mozgov or Koufous.
    Most reasonable trade of the thread. I hope this doesn't happen tbh. Gallinari can play stretch four with Jamison but he's also pretty athletic. Wilson will also add length and athleticism. Nash could push the ball with these players and they will be able to stretch the floor on half court offense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm on record saying they should trade with Denver. Pau Gasol for Gallinari, Wilson Chandler & Mozgov or Koufous.
    this.

would be a good trade for both teams imho... but nothing is going to happen till nash comes back.

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Oh no

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

well throw in sacre too... and johnson odom

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    ing laker fans.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gallo is a good shooter and is what - 23? I like Chandler's game too. Deal. Do it Mitch.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Marion, Dantay Jones and Kaman for Pau... they would need to wait until Dec 15 though, that's the earliest Kaman can be traded... Kaman is an expiring too, so the Lakeshow would get some cap relief at the end of the season...

Kaman is only there to make the numbers work and give the Lakeshow a $8 million cap relief next summer...

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    denven's offer would be an ideal one for them lakers despite that it doesn't contain any former gangstas from the suns, also it would bring good depth to lakers bench which they currently need bad

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    this.

would be a good trade for both teams imho... but nothing is going to happen till nash comes back.
    The T-Wolves are ing insane...the owner admitted that he didn't want to trade Beasley to us now he wants Mitch to deal Gasol to him...that ing owner blowing some a crack

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    denven's offer would be an ideal one for them lakers despite that it doesn't contain any former gangstas from the suns, also it would bring good depth to lakers bench which they currently need bad
    I agree...but here's how it's going to play out compliments of LG research:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4yj7q9

3 team trade, that will catapult us to the top.

Lakers out: Pau Gasol
    Lakers in: Josh Smith, Kyle Korver

Denver out: Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov
    Denver in: Pau Gasol

Atlanta out: Josh Smith, Kyle Korver
    Atlanta in: Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov

Lakers-We get what we need. Athletic PF who can run like a gazelle, play defense, and finish at the rim. Korver gives us another shooter, for more flexibility.

Denver- They get a versatile PF/C with championship experience. Yes Pau has fallen off, but Nuggets could use an inside offensive threat who is a willing passer and great rebounder. Gives them even more versatility. Imagine lineups of Javale at C and Pau at PF... or Pau at C and Faried at PF. They can mix/match according to the matchup.

Atlanta get 2 perimeter play makers, while also getting a C to shore up C depth, allowing Horford to stay at PF.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^ please,tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this trade makes sense for all 3 teams.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ please,tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this trade makes sense for all 3 teams.
    I think it helps Denver and LA, but it would take more to get Atlanta to part with Josh Smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What use would D'Antoni have for Pekovic? Eight minutes per game as a backup for Dwight?

The Lakers are going to get a HUGE return. Something stupidly great. Like Al Horford and Josh Smith or something like that.
    Wouldn't matter, tbh. Mike D'Antonio would still be their head coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=akwnq77

There are some obvious problems here. The Spurs would probably never make a trade that directly helps Dallas or the Lakers. Dallas probably wouldn't send a decent big man prospect to San Antonio. The Spurs probably would never get rid of Bonner. But besides all that, this is about the value everyone could expect for their players. Gasol is good enough to get a lot of bench help, but he's not good enough to get back a star player (mainly because there's not a star player to be had right now). Roddy would help the Lakers' bench, and Marion would allow LA to get rid of World Peace somehow.

Cleveland (or Dallas or San Antonio) may need to give up a little more, but this would be the definition or selling high on Varejao. If the Lakers want him, then there's not need to the Mavericks to be involved. The only reason San Antonio is needed is to absorb a player the Lakers don't want in exchange for sending LA a player they do want. (Bonner's floor-stretching ability makes him valuable right now.) In return for doing that, they'd get a sweetener or two from the Cavs/Mavericks.

This is the same basic structure as the Howard deal, except the pieces are not as good for any team. The Cavs play LA's role, and the Lakers play Orlando's role. Other teams may be needed to be Philly and Denver, so this was just an idea using teams that are salient to me. I could see the Bucks, Raptors, Nets and Wolves getting involved instead.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta (Howard's hometown) wants Dwight for themselves next summer. Don't think they would be too keen in helping out the Lakers so I won't worry about the Lakers robbing them.

Thread Information