Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How serious is the injury? That tweet reads as if his career is already over.
    He wont be another #1 big men bust, that`s for sure. If I was Philly I`d still take him with their 2nd pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a gut feeling Julius Randle will be the biggest draft bust this year. Not sure why, just the feeling. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tavares could also be a nice piece to put next to a finesse guy like Jokic if they can't get Capela.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embiid officially has a stress fracture in his right foot. He's getting surgery on Friday, and will not be doing any additional workouts or attending the draft. Per Woj.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an awful injury that has destroyed careers. Hope he recovers fully. It's very interesting how much he'd fall in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an awful injury that has destroyed careers. Hope he recovers fully. It's very interesting how much he'd fall in the draft.
    My guess is late lottery. I can't imagine a team like the Suns or Bulls wouldn't take the risk.

A stress fracture revived the Spurs, although that's obviously not normal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the fracture is in the navicular bone, and is what plagued Yao throughout his career. This is a pretty crushing blow to Embiid tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just might fall all the way to 30.
    Stranger things have happened.
    The Spurs are one of the few teams who could afford to wait for him to recover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is late lottery. I can't imagine a team like the Suns or Bulls wouldn't take the risk.

Poor James Anderson.

As for Embiid my guess is Boston @ 6. His injury may also lead to Philly trading down, the drop off after Wiggins/Parker is huge and doubt they'd be interested in Exum since they already have MCW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Tavares. He has great hustle and mobility for his size, 2 very rare attributes for anyone over 7'2". Add a couple of moves to his offensive arsenal and he could end up being a decent role player.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Tavares. He has great hustle and mobility for his size, 2 very rare attributes for anyone over 7'2". Add a couple of moves to his offensive arsenal and he could end up being a decent role player.
    When was the last time the team took a flier on a guy taller than 7'0"? Spurs even haven't worked him out yet; have been working out guys like Patric Young and Jarnell Stokes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone be as kind to post about players the Spurs have worked out? afaik it's been:

Glenn Robinson III
    Isaiah Austin
    Cleanthony Early
    Cameron Bairstow
    Bryce Cotton
    Cameron Clark
    Semaj Christon
    Thanasis Antetokounmpo
    Russ Smith
    Ojar Silins
    Jarnell Stokes
    Patric Young

interviews:
    Shabazz Napier
    Kyle Anderson
    Elfrid Payton
    Last edited by FireMicoHalili; 06-19-2014 at 07:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    again, no way he is a 4, he needs to put up weight to match kevin freaking durant..
    His present skill-set suggests otherwise. He could drastically improves his handle, extends his shooting range reliably out to the 3pt line, and retain the requisite athleticism after injury to be a legit 3...or he could gain 15lbs. Which do you honestly think is more likely?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Spurs have picked Gobert if he hasn't been selected a pick prior to LJC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. I really, really feel for Embiid. That stress fracture to the foot has destroyed the careers of James Anderson and Rodrigue Beaubois. Both players showed plenty of upside prior to that injury, but now have been relegated to being human victory cigars.

Embiid had hitherto been drawing comparisons to Olajuwon and Duncan. If this injury is as bad as it seems, the NBA may have just lost another great big man (the other being Oden).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i still don't think he goes past #3 tbh..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the fracture is in the navicular bone, and is what plagued Yao throughout his career. This is a pretty crushing blow to Embiid tbh.
    Yeah that is huge no way would I draft him number one just look at Oden...foot problems almost never go away..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His present skill-set suggests otherwise. He could drastically improves his handle, extends his shooting range reliably out to the 3pt line, and retain the requisite athleticism after injury to be a legit 3...or he could gain 15lbs. Which do you honestly think is more likely?
    the first two to me seem fairly normal and the third is a prerequisite for him to even come to the nba, so..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like elfrid Payton has shoot up the charts. Chad Ford was on a podcast saying he's Gary Payton 2.0 and flat raving about him, and now DX has him in the lotto at 12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's trade 30, 58, and 60 to the Heat for the rights to G/F James Ennis. Then we make him our backup SF. Re-sign Mills and Diaw. Convince Duncan and Manu to come back. Have Daye add about 10-15 lbs of muscle and add 2-3 low post moves to make him more versatile. Probably keep Bonner..........and that gives us 14 players on the roster.

PG - Parker, Mills, Joseph
    SG - Green, Manu, Belinelli
    SF - Leonard, Ennis, Daye
    PF - Duncan, Diaw, Bonner
    C - Splitter, Baynes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still don't think he goes past #3 tbh..
    This isn't a one time everything will be fine injury. I think teams would be more comfortable if he had torn ligaments in his knee in a workout. That pretty much has a 100% recovery rate. This is his 3rd stress fracture in 2 years; foot, back, back. That is catastrophically bad for him. It's what turned Bill Walton from Tim Duncan in college to Greg Oden in the NBA. His career was short, and almost completely injury marred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that is huge no way would I draft him number one just look at Oden...foot problems almost never go away..
    Oden has never had foot problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like elfrid Payton has shoot up the charts. Chad Ford was on a podcast saying he's Gary Payton 2.0 and flat raving about him, and now DX has him in the lotto at 12
    That's a cascade effect of the Embiid injury. They have Orlando taking him at 4 now, instead of Exum, and picking up Payton for their PG with their second pick at 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't a one time everything will be fine injury. I think teams would be more comfortable if he had torn ligaments in his knee in a workout. That pretty much has a 100% recovery rate. This is his 3rd stress fracture in 2 years; foot, back, back. That is catastrophically bad for him. It's what turned Bill Walton from Tim Duncan in college to Greg Oden in the NBA. His career was short, and almost completely injury marred.
    jared sullinger's been redflagged by doctors and he was still a first rounder... at worst i think he goes 6th to boston, but most likely #3.

Thread Information