Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sure. You can call it what you like. All these things (better branding, better recruiting, better facilities, better league, just a better overall perception of the university and most of all more money) are a direct impact of joining the SEC and distancing ourselves from Texas.

I just don't see how anyone could sit here with a straight face and say that this move clearly wasn't the right one for A&M.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    djohn:

Let's say you're in charge of a random university and you have a choice. Would you rather be in the Big 12 or the SEC?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I just don't see how anyone could sit here with a straight face and say that this move clearly wasn't the right one for A&M.
    It's looking more and more like a lateral move, imo. And then there's aggy throwing away the ut game.

But again, TCU couldn't be any more thankful.

Post Count
    It's looking more and more like a lateral move, imo. And then there's aggy throwing away the ut game.

But again, TCU couldn't be any more thankful.
    How is it a lateral move when the revenue has gone up, the recruting has improved, and their brand has improved as well. This move was a no brainer.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How is it a lateral move when the revenue has gone up, the recruting has improved, and their brand has improved as well. This move was a no brainer.
    I'm sure Sisk or DesignatedT will post when they are available, but I am very curious to see the donation numbers for 2014 after they hit nearly 3/4 billion last year.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm sure Sisk or DesignatedT will post when they are available, but I am very curious to see the donation numbers for 2014 after they hit nearly 3/4 billion last year.
    I wonder how much of that was thanks to Johnny.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wonder how much of that was thanks to Johnny.
    Most

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    djohn:

Let's say you're in charge of a random university and you have a choice. Would you rather be in the Big 12 or the SEC?
    Still waiting for this answer.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    dumbjohn goes/went to UTSA but comes on here and acts like a UT diehard, I wouldn't waste my time with him tbh.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Still waiting for this answer.
    It depends.

If right now invitations were sent by the sec and big 12 to BYU, I think BYU goes big 12.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    djohn:

If I'm Florida State I'm going to the Big 12.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Each conference will end up averaging the same amount of money paid out per school

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The horns still pull down the most revenue by far. But, as I said, having money helps with winning as a general rule. The SEC move for us was a no-brainer for a large number of reasons... money being one of them.
    Lol no money wasn't a reason. Both the SEC and Big 12 will averaged 40 million per school paid paid out by the end of the decade. And that's with the SEC network.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    If I'm Florida State I'm going to the Big 12.
    Lol no. Cuz FSU can't wait to travel to Texas every other weekend and have those hugely anticipated games in Kansas. FSU isn't going anywhere so not sure why you would just choose them but they wouldn't choose the big12 over the SEC if they had to pick one. lmao

Nobody in their right mind would. Only big12 fans are constantly thinking about the easiest path possible and the path of least resistance. What a loser mentality I tell you.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Nobody in their right mind would. Only big12 fans are constantly thinking about the easiest path possible and the path of least resistance. What a loser mentality I tell you.
    What does A&M's non conference schedule look like?

Lol Lamar

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    What does A&M's non conference schedule look like?

Lol Lamar
    Arizona State, UCLA, & Oregon all on the books for the next few years. SEC move made it hard to find worthy opponents.

Not to mention we play Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Missouri , LSU & Ole Miss this year. lmao

Have fun in Lawrence and Ames though.

Big12 fan bringing up schedule smack. Priceless.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Arizona State, UCLA, & Oregon all on the books for the next few years. SEC move made it hard to find worthy opponents.

Not to mention we play Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Missouri , LSU & Ole Miss this year. lmao

Have fun in Lawrence and Ames though.

Big12 fan bringing up schedule smack. Priceless.
    Sorry, but you don't get to say anything about path of least resistance with lolutsa on the schedule in 2019.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Sorry, but you don't get to say anything about path of least resistance with lolutsa on the schedule in 2019.
    UTSA will be in the Big 12 by then so it all evens out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol no. Cuz FSU can't wait to travel to Texas every other weekend and have those hugely anticipated games in Kansas. FSU isn't going anywhere so not sure why you would just choose them but they wouldn't choose the big12 over the SEC if they had to pick one. lmao

Path of least resistance where Aggie won what?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Path of least resistance where Aggie won what?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Works for me.

that way when DesignatedT says "have fun in San Antonio", I really will

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    If the Big 12 keeps adding garbage teams to the conference, their conference schedule won't mean .

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    If the Big 12 keeps adding garbage teams to the conference, their conference schedule won't mean .
    SECfan needs the blue font, I see.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    there will be this though:

The Big 12 and the Southeastern conferences have announced a deal that will pit their football regular-season champions against each other in a New Year's Day bowl game for five years beginning in 2014, positioning themselves for the expected switch to a four-team playoff.In fact, SEC commissioner Mike Slive all but said that scenario is coming in Friday's announcement of the agreement between two of the most successful BCS conferences."A new January bowl tradition is born," Slive said in a statement. "This new game will provide a great matchup between the two most successful conferences in the BCS era and will complement the exciting postseason atmosphere created by the new four-team model.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?story...82&src=desktop
    Lol aggy can't get away

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Each conference will end up averaging the same amount of money paid out per school

Thread Information