Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if true, more Texans have contracted Ebola since 2003 than have been found guilty of voter impersonation fraud:

Texas has required some form of identification to vote at the polls since 2003. In the decade after, before the new law imposed even stricter requirements, some 20 million votes were cast, Solicitor General Donald B. Verrilli Jr. told the justices, while “only two cases of in-person voter-impersonation fraud were prosecuted to conviction."
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/us...er-id-law.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if true, more Texans have contracted Ebola since 2003 than have been found guilty of voter impersonation fraud:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/us...er-id-law.html
    Texas has required some form of identification to vote at the polls since 2003. In the decade after, before the new law imposed even stricter requirements, some 20 million votes were cast, Solicitor General Donald B. Verrilli Jr. told the justices, while “only two cases of in-person voter-impersonation fraud were prosecuted to conviction."

But I'm sure you can conclude that these 18 confirmed cases represent the total.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    out of 20 million votes, 20 cases of voter impersonation is not statistically significant. any number of voters disenfranchised to stop such a minor electoral problem would be too many.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    go ahead, dig up the number for indictments. I doubt it supports you any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    out of 20 million votes, 20 cases of voter impersonation is not statistically significant. any number of voters disenfranchised to stop such a minor electoral problem would be too many.
    No, no. The point is that untolled thousands (if not millions) are able to conceal their abject fraud and abuse of the electoral system. That we don't know specifically how many there are isn't the point. We must simply assume the worst and undertake whatever measures -- no matter how potentially disenfranchising -- are necessary to ensure that only the right people are voting in our elections.

Above all else, it is the assurance that we get our voting right, not the rights of the voters, that is at issue here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Above all else, it is the assurance that we get our voting right, not the rights of the voters, that is at issue here.
    sanc y of the vote, not voting rights. gotcha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps the most ironic part is that the alleged solution to the non-existent problem hinges on more big govt bureaucracy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if Martians tried to vote? They're not even from this planet!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This comic is making fun of you, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, there's just too much to be gained or lost in elections these days to entrust them to normal folk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This comic is making fun of you, bro.
    Or, I'm making fun of the comic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, there's just too much to be gained or lost in elections these days to entrust them to normal folk.
    There has been a suggestion from Repugs, wonderful America-loving Americans every one of them, that only property owners should be able to vote, just like back in "originalist" times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We should just let people vote by anonymous phone call, text message, or via web browser. People would never abuse those things.

Forget it. Through "soft bigotry of low expectations" logic, "some people" would have extreme difficulty with those methods.

Maybe just have census workers go door to door. People can grunt once for "D" and twice for "R".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems should stop accusing other Dems of this nonexistent crime

http://nypost.com/2014/10/22/bronx-d...f-voter-fraud/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thought crime != voter fraud

Dems should stop accusing other Dems of this nonexistent crime

http://nypost.com/2014/10/22/bronx-d...f-voter-fraud/
    Allegations of voter fraud should be investigated (and, AFAIK, they are). What I can't find in that article is any accusation... disappointed on the bait and switch, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Plus it's abundantly clear that a felon will be deterred by having to procure a fake ID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't click this link, it doesn't exist ---> http://www.nhregister.com/government...b_locale=id_ID

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so the system is working...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't click this link, it doesn't exist ---> http://www.nhregister.com/government...b_locale=id_ID
    looks like she voted in the wrong place 19 times in 19 elections, not 19 times in the same election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so widespread!

More links! Seriously, these small isolated incidents are great examples of why we need to completely change the law for 300 million voters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12372717
    Investigators collected two parts of a broken stainless steel and plastic spatula from the scene. The lower part of the spatula was found in a garbage can next to the kitchen and the upper portion was located in a utility drawer in the kitchen, the search warrant states.Detectives took the pieces of the spatula to a pathologist with the Utah State Medical Examiner's office for comparison to the injuries on the victim's back, legs and buttocks. The pathologist found the victim's injuries "consistent with the use of this spatula to inflict the injuries," the search warrant states.

This is just one example of a child being killed with a spatula. But how many hundreds (or even thousands) of spatula murders go unreported?

We should ban spatulas. Is it really that hard to cook without one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NB4 DarrinS posts the James O'Keefe video and claims victory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NB4 DarrinS posts the James O'Keefe video and claims victory
    If it goes unnoticed, it doesn't exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll remember that next time you debunk global warning with an observation about the weather outside today.

Thread Information