My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would you stay in the same place for 3 hours if there is tear gas
    Who said she stayed at the same spot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No woodshed here. Any responsible minority has the opportunity to join the middle class as a minimum. I refuse to believe blacks are inferior and incapable of upward mobility.
    Black, white, brown, or purple, upward economic mobility in the US is harder than much of the industrialized world. http://www.economist.com/news/united...ility-measured

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any responsible minority has the opportunity to join the middle class as a minimum"

your really have no ing clue how economic mobility is largely and more and more defined the economic status you're born into.

The Long Shadow

Family Background, Disadvantaged Urban Youth, and the Transition to Adulthood

https://www.russellsage.org/publications/long-shadow

Many Feel the American Dream Is Out of Reach, Poll Shows

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/deal...ch-poll-shows/

Economist: I’ve Crunched the Numbers, and the American Dream Is Dead

“America has no higher rate of social mobility than medieval England or pre-industrial Sweden,” he said."

http://www.alternet.org/economy/economist-ive-crunched-numbers-and-american-dream-dead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black, white, brown, or purple, upward economic mobility in the US is harder than much of the industrialized world. http://www.economist.com/news/united...ility-measured
    Did I misread the study? Was age 26 the baseline for the study from bottom 1/5 to top 1/5? Reading on my phone so I might have missed something. If not don't you think that's a little quick to assume they don't make the move by 40 or 50?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said she stayed at the same spot?
    yeah im sure they followed her around, lobbing tear gas canisters at her wherever she went

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah im sure they followed her around, lobbing tear gas canisters at her wherever she went
    She was with a group of protesters. You don't think the police followed crowds around?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you actually end up in the vicinity of tear gas for 3 hours, you're doing something wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I misread the study? Was age 26 the baseline for the study from bottom 1/5 to top 1/5? Reading on my phone so I might have missed something. If not don't you think that's a little quick to assume they don't make the move by 40 or 50?
    There are a number of studies out there, all of which with the same conclusion: economic mobility in the US is much lower than the rest of the industrialized world. The good (surprising) news is that economic mobility hasn't increase in difficulty in the last 40 years... the bad news is that it's just as unlikely at it has ever been.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The good (surprising) news is that economic mobility hasn't increase in difficulty in the last 40 years."

link?

with inequality continually increasing, the non-1% suffering stagnating income, or getting poorer, good paying jobs more scarce (unions busted), with mobility-increasing education becoming tier (charter schools, reduced budgets for K12) and higher education more expensive, I expect socioeconomic mobility to decrease, not remain the same.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-02-2015 at 06:15 PM.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "The good (surprising) news is that economic mobility hasn't increase in difficulty in the last 40 years."

link?

with inequality continually increasing, the non-1% suffering stagnating income, or getting poorer, good paying jobs more scarc (unions busted), with mobility-increasing education becoming tier (charter schools, reduced budgets for K12) and higher education more expensive, I expect socioeconomic mobility to decrease, not remain the same.

Linked in the previous post of Scott's. Mobility is basically the same as it was 40 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you actually end up in the vicinity of tear gas for 3 hours, you're doing something wrong
    Cops are spposed to uphold the law and not be arbiters of right and wrong. Frankly your statement is so vague in basis that it is meaningless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Linked in the previous post of Scott's. Mobility is basically the same as it was 40 years ago.
    I'll let Scott speak for himself. You can barely read much less speak for others.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I see 2015 has gifted you an extra dose of gotry
    I'll let Scott speak for himself. You can barely read much less speak for others.
    The good (surprising) news is that economic mobility hasn't increase in difficulty in the last 40 years

Despite huge increases in inequality, America may be no less mobile a society than it was 40 years ago

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, 35 - 40 years ago is when the VRWC, organized in the early/mid '70s, began to deliver its sinister effects.

That the comparatively ty American mobility hasn't changed (which is simply not believable given the increasingly inaccessible cost of college, esp state/public colleges, and the Repugs killing govt college aid) is NOT a positive. American mobility still sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good monkey.

You miss my point. You are stupid and getting it right once in awhile doesn't change the rate at which you spew stupidity. Again, I will allow Scott to speak for himself. Quoting him is one thing but your dumb ass is not qualified to speak on his behalf.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Good monkey.

You miss my point. You are stupid and getting it right once in awhile doesn't change the rate at which you spew stupidity. Again, I will allow Scott to speak for himself. Quoting him is one thing but your dumb ass is not qualified to speak on his behalf.

Boutons asked for a link, I pointed him in the direction of Scott's previous post. No one addressed or quoted you. You have no point, just more of your typical gotry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ferguson juror asks to be ungagged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like being questioned so I am going to make up things about their sexuality.
    My point is that you have no credibility. You have demonstrated poor reading and critical thinking skills. It is what it is.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    My point is that you have no credibility. You have demonstrated poor reading and critical thinking skills. It is what it is.
    Go back and read the progression of this conversation since you jumped in and you can accurately apply the above quote to yourself. I've caused you so much butthurt over the years that you blindly lash out at any and every opportunity, even when unprovoked. You come off as extremely insecure and pathetic tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back and read the progression of this conversation since you jumped in and you can accurately apply the above quote to yourself. I've caused you so much butthurt over the years that you blindly lash out at any and every opportunity, even when unprovoked. You come off as extremely insecure and pathetic tbh.
    How is it blind? Over and over again you have shown that you have difficulty identifying the subject, predicate, or clauses of simple sentences that leads to poor reading comprehension. You repeatedly demonstrate the inability to identify key words and ideas much less comparing and contrasting them. The list goes on.

You are not qualified to speak for yourself much less others.

Take this post of yours above. You are long on assertions but you once again are unable to give supporting or demonstrative arguments.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Boutons asked for a link, I pointed him in the direction of Scott's previous post. No one addressed or quoted you. You have no point, just more of your typical gotry.
    Also, please demonstrate where I spoke for scott.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How A 15-Year-Old Police Shooting Case Puts More Dents In Ferguson Prosecutor’s Credibility

The anonymous juror’s suit also cites another case from nearly 15 years ago which suggests McCulloch has a history of demonizing the victims of police shooting, and skewing the evidence in favor of the police.

the details of the 2000 case, known locally as the Jack in the Box shooting, investigations by federal officials and St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporters reveal familiar-sounding details about McCulloch’s strange use of the grand jury process and inflammatory public statements following the ultimate exoneration of police.

Here are the four key takeaways about McCulloch’s conduct from that 2000 case, known locally as the Jack in the Box shooting.

1. McCulloch lied to the public about how witnesses testified to the key detail of the day.

2. McCulloch steered the grand jury toward viewing the dead men as hardened criminals, and later referred to them publicly as “bums.”

3. McCulloch failed to secure expert testimony to allow grand jurors to resolve the conflicting stories officers testified to in private.

4. McCulloch jumped in to stop a cop mid-testimony when he started to compare the incident to “a notorious police shooting of an unarmed man in New York.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...olice-killing/

You people supporting, believing "official" McCulloch and his grand jury FARCE convicting Brown are the same type of people who believed "official" head, shrub, wolfy, rummy about Iraq.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    so no civil charges from the Feds. Holder is one corrupt mother er.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/22..._r=0&referrer=

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so no civil charges from the Feds. Holder is one corrupt mother er.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/22..._r=0&referrer=
    Will this cost the Dems the coon vote in 2016?

Thread Information