Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    .... rightwingnut gun fellators are lying to ya, rightwingnut.
    Ah yes, those notable "rightwingnut gun fellators" at the Oxford English Dictionary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yes, those notable "rightwingnut gun fellators" at the Oxford English Dictionary.
    no, the extreme right wing assholes at cons ution.org.

"we hate govt, we don't want ANY gun regulations by govt, THEREFORE, the 2nd Amendment proves NO GUN REGULATION as the original intent of the Cons ution writers."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No, it actually meant a well regulated militia.

George Washington was adjunct General of the Virginia militia in the 1750s.

That's where they got it from. They didn't make a new definition for gun nuts to use 200 years later.
    No they just used the accepted definitions at the time, see CN's post. A well regulated militia in those days meant a well armed populace.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    no, the extreme right wing assholes at cons ution.org.

"we hate govt, we don't want ANY gun regulations by govt, THEREFORE, the 2nd Amendment proves NO GUN REGULATION as the original intent of the Cons ution writers."
    They were quoting directly from the dictionary at the time of the Cons ution's writing. Stay salty, Bou s.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they just used the accepted definitions at the time, see CN's post. A well regulated militia in those days meant a well armed populace.
    Yeah, the accepted definition like the one for the militia Washington commanded.

See history.

If they just meant random dirtbags with guns they would have said random dirtbags with guns. They said well regulated militia.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were quoting directly from the dictionary at the time of the Cons ution's writing. Stay salty, Bou s.
    for you rightwingnut gun fellators and the gun-profit-pushing assholes who dictate your bull , "well regulated militia" means "govt absolutely cannot regulate guns"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you mother ing gun fellators are clinically mentally ill, and live with blood on your hands, 90 guns deaths per day.

"Upon learning of the President’s intended visit to express something lacking in Americans, compassion, a gun-loving group decided to issue a warning to the President of the United States that not only was he not welcomed in their community, if he did show up, they were showing up armed and dangerous to protest his compassionate visit with the families grieving the loss of their loved ones.

Throughout the week, gun freaks warned the President not to comfort the aggrieved and not to dare set foot in Roseburg because they love guns and could not care less about the victims of another gun massacre.

The local gun maniacs followed through on their threat.

It was reported around the world that seriously sick gun-nuts hadgathered with hundreds of other armed protesters to rail against the President of the United States’ for having the temerity to meet with, and comfort, the grieving families.

The gun fanatics are very, very angry and claim the President rushed to “politicize” the tragedy by seeking a political remedy that may prevent the next group of parents from suffering the actions of yet another gun zealot’s murderous rampage.

Apparently, even talking about what is needed to stop the mass shooting epidemic ravaging America is sufficient to elicit hate from compassionless gun lovers."

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/10/...iticus+USA+%29

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mf'er fellator blah blah was there a coherent thought in all that mess

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the ignorant low-wage, low-education dumb s who watch only Fox swallow this as Bible truth. Blaming the victims is so much more fun when the victims are incinerated JEWS

Ted Cruz's Favorite Gun Lobbyist Says If Jews "Had That Determination To Fight" The Holocaust "Might Have Been An Entirely Different Story"

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/10...jews-ha/206110

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Keep calling patriots terrorists

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NRA is finally put on notice: Gun shop held liable for illegal gun sale

“Where you have gun shops knowingly giving guns to criminals or aiding and abetting that, of course we should take action,” Sanders said, conceding to a change in opinion on gun shop owners’ liability in gun crimes.

Well, hours before Sanders made his comments on the Las Vegas debate stage, a Wisconsin jury did just that, finding a Milwaukee area gun shop negligent in the sale of a gun used to shoot two Milwaukee police officers back in 2009.

Badger Guns, then known as Badger Outdoors, was once the top seller of guns later used in crimes in the whole country — selling 537 guns that were recovered from crime scenes in 2005 alone, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/14/the_...egal_gun_sale/

the gun used to kill 2 cops sitting in a car in NYC? sold by GA backwoods dealers known to BATFE as source for guns used in crimes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A new study finds 110 US children die in accidental shootings each year

A new study suggests something like this happens quite often in the US: 110 American children ages 0 to 14 die in accidental shootings each year. What's worse, the researchers found this estimate was 80 percent higher than federal data from the National Vital Statistics System previously suggested. So not only do these tragedies happen quite often, but oftentimes the federal data doesn't even pick up on the accidents.

RelatedAmerica's gun problem, explained

Using data from the National Violent Death Reporting System on unintentional firearm deaths for children ages 0 to 14, researchers David Hemenway and Sara Solnick looked at 16 states from 2005 to 2012 and extrapolated their findings to the entire US. (This, researchers note, is the study's biggest weakness: The system doesn't have data for all 50 states, but the 16 analyzed states varied in demographics and appeared to be fairly representative of the US as a whole.)

The study found the victims of gun accidents were boys 81 percent of the time. In about two-thirds of cases, the victim was shot by someone else. In those cases, 97 percent of the time the shooter was male. And more than 90 percent of the time, the shooter was family or a friend. About 19 percent of victims were shot in the homes of friends, and 11 percent of deaths involved hunting. It was very rare for an adult who's not a family member to be accidentally shot by or accidentally shoot a child.

Time and time again, the shootings followed a similar pattern: A child found a parent's stray gun, played with it, and accidentally fired it, killing himself or a bystander. It's an absolute tragedy, one that could be easily prevented if firearms were stored more safely.

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/15/953926...ntal-shootings

gun rights trumps kids' right to live

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    repeal?

typical gun fellator straw man

repeal 2nd amendment? confiscate guns? take my precious guns?

all bull strawmen!

who are "those" repealers?

holy ing , you gun fellators are bull frauds
    I would be happy to repeal it, given the chance.

What I think is funny though, is that the author seems to think that the federal government can't regulate guns already. The 2nd amendment is no more absolute than the first, and there are plenty of restrictions on even that right.

That said, it is not a winner of an idea, and not worth attempting. Too many people worship guns in such a bizarre way. Guns have morphed from tools to totems, waved around at ill-defined enemies.

(edit)

At this point guns are some peoples binkies. They act like children needing them, and whine, pout, and throw tantrums when it is even suggested that maybe, just maybe, you might want to limit it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are getting shot by toddlers on a weekly basis this year

Shootings by toddlers have happened in 24 states so far this year.

Missouri has seen the most, with five separate incidents.

Florida has had four.

Texas, three.

Due to the low number of total cases and the isolated nature of these incidents I'd caution against drawing broad conclusions from the map above. But it is worth noting that the shootings don't necessarily follow broader population trends.
    California, the most populous state in the nation, hasn't had any. Nobody has been shot by a toddler in New England or the Upper Midwest.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/10/14/people-are-getting-shot-by-toddlers-on-a-weekly-basis-this-year/?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email&ncid=newslt ushpmg00000003

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Florida has had four.

Texas, three.

Due to the low number of total cases and the isolated nature of these incidents I'd caution against drawing broad conclusions from the map above. But it is worth noting that the shootings don't necessarily follow broader population trends.
    California, the most populous state in the nation, hasn't had any. Nobody has been shot by a toddler in New England or the Upper Midwest.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/10/14/people-are-getting-shot-by-toddlers-on-a-weekly-basis-this-year/?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email&ncid=newslt ushpmg00000003

What will you be doing personally to stop this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will you be doing personally to stop this?
    Not owning a gun

Voting for people who want to take away your guns

What are you going to do?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Not owning a gun

Voting for people who want to take away your guns

What are you going to do?
    I don't need to do anything. I'm content with owning lots of guns and not letting children shoot themselves in my home.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Florida has had four.

Texas, three.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    repealing the 2nd amendment or banning guns would probably create too many problems

the real answer is social pressure

the fact is, people are coming to realize that being a gun-worshiping nut job who:

talks about his guns endlessly,
    shows off his guns to all of his friends when they come over,
    sleeps with a gun beside his bed in case he has to go g.i.joe on a burglar,
    puts COME TAKE MY GUNS bumper stickers on the back of his truck,
    mounts dead animals on his wall after paying good money to have them preserved so they can hang on the wall

is not something to be proud of. in fact, it makes you pathetic

someday carrying a gun will be like being a smoker. we'll probably never get rid of all of them, just like there will always be smokers, but at least they'll keep their ing mouths shut about it and have some sense of shame. this will drive down the demand of guns so it's hopefully not such a lucrative industry helped out by a bunch of senseless zombie sheep buying what they're told to buy because they're scared of what they're told to be scared of. sure, you'll still have your rural trailer trash and urban thug-wannabes who find a way to get their hands on guns, but eventually costs will be prohibitive and the s bags who profit from guns will move on to selling something else to stupid people.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so gun deaths, injuries are insignificant compared with other causes, so don't make new gun regs, don't enforce current gun regs, continue, even increase, the gun slaughter??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't need to do anything. I'm content with owning lots of guns and letting hundreds of children shoot themselves and others each year because I'm a compassion-less face who only cares about myself

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    so gun deaths, injuries are insignificant compared with other causes, so don't make new gun regs, don't enforce current gun regs, continue, even increase, the gun slaughter??
    I've been all for enforcing current gun regs you know that I've said it numerous times. Just pointing out how far down the list these accidents are compared to more common ones.

Thread Information