Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any interest in players being waived, share here, please.

Some players I had interest in before that have been waived:
    Ben Bentil
    J.p. Tokoto
    Damien Inglis
    Spencer Dinwiddie
    Will Bynum

Boston is dangling James Young or RJ Hunter for a second round pick. I'd take either in a heart beat. Especially Hunter.

Not sure if anyone is worth it on the first list, I liked Bentil but Young or Hunter would be good for depth.

Just some interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're waived for a reason...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're waived for a reason...
    True about my first list but James Young and RJ Hunter are legit talents that are being offered because Boston's stockpile of assets is on the verge of backfiring, especially if teams don't want to make a deal cause they know they can have them on the waiver wire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True about my first list but James Young and RJ Hunter are legit talents that are being offered because Boston's stockpile of assets is on the verge of backfiring, especially if teams don't want to make a deal cause they know they can have them on the waiver wire.
    James Young has had two years to make an impression. Still very young 20. Hunter- there was always a concern how his game would translate to the NBA. The fact they are bailing on both, is telling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Ainge is desperate AF, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if he was the who planted the Aldridge-not-happy rumor...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should the Celtics be unsuccessful in acquiring a 2nd for Young or Hunter and one is waived and not claimed by one of the other 28 teams who'd have a chance to before the Spurs, they'd at least be worth considering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are already log-jammed as it is.

My gut tells me they go with Anthony. If they happen to make the executive decision to waive Simmons or LJC (which would be expensive, but probably worth the cost), I think Forbes is next in line...but it's a toss up between him and Lapro.

Anybody who doesn't get waived, or anybody in this thread, has an open spot in Austin tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My gut tells me they go with Anthony. If they happen to make the executive decision to waive Simmons or LJC (which would be expensive, but probably worth the cost), I think Forbes is next in line...but it's a toss up between him and Lapro.

Anybody who doesn't get waived, or anybody in this thread, has an open spot in Austin tbh.
    I get the feeling Lapdog will head off to Europe, before playing in Austin. I could be wrong though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed on Anthony, they will keep him purely out of experience. He also hasn't looked too shabby this offseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's going to be many interesting prospects becoming available. Going to be interesting to see what Spurs will do.

If I'm SA, I shop Patty to a hopeful playoff team for their 1st or a lottery team ( Sixers) for their 2nd. Make room for Laprovitolla and sign him to a cheap 800K 3-4 year deal to compete w/ Murray for back up PG spot next year ( think Lapro is more ready now).

That would open up a spot w/ Laprovitolla on the roster.

If Prigioni can carve a back up role in the NBA, Lapro can. Lapro is younger and more versatile offensively with the same motor on D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We are over the cap but under the tax by about 3 mil so it doesn't really matter if we have to pay Simmons or LJC then pay say Frobes and Anthony. As long as we stay under the tax. And remember we can take back 125% of matching salary in a trade. So that is when the tax threshold could become an issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's going to be many interesting prospects becoming available. Going to be interesting to see what Spurs will do.

If I'm SA, I shop Patty to a hopeful playoff team for their 1st or a lottery team ( Sixers) for their 2nd. Make room for Laprovitolla and sign him to a cheap 800K 3-4 year deal to compete w/ Murray for back up PG spot next year ( think Lapro is more ready now).

That would open up a spot w/ Laprovitolla on the roster.

If Prigioni can carve a back up role in the NBA, Lapro can. Lapro is younger and more versatile offensively with the same motor on D.
    Yeah... that's a good idea. imo. Really good, upon further reflection...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah... that's a good idea. imo. Really good, upon further reflection...
    Also, Patty is due to make 9-11 mil per year next summer (if his agent does his job right). Plans to pay him make absolutely no sense from an economical stand point. Especially when they drafted Murray ( who will be making 1/10th of Pattys soon to be market value), and when they have Laprovittola more than capable to fill in a back up role now, and at worst, compete for it next year (if Murray progresses quickly and Spurs have to play him).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dude Manu4 wants to trade everyone

I prefer to have a good team this year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take RJ Hunter over ScrubMo in a heartbeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you think the difference between Patty and Lapdog is what makes this team good, or not... I just don't know what to say.
    As far as this particular topic of conversation is being concerned with...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, that was my reaction to his post as well. First LMA now Paddy. Dude is super eager to blow it the up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can't claim any player that makes more than the minimum. Both Celtic players make more than that. They also can't trade for either player without sending salary back in return, something that Boston doesn't want.

As to Lapro, he is under a minimum contract. If he is not waived, that contract remains in force. Even if it didn't, the Spurs can't sign him, or any free agent, to anything other than a minimum deal.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'd take RJ Hunter over ScrubMo in a heartbeat.
    RJ Hunter is a less athletic version of Bertans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that was my reaction to his post as well. First LMA now Paddy. Dude is super eager to blow it the up.
    Trading Patty would be blowing it up? Wow. I can't agree there.

Patty is overrated on this board for his shot making in the 2014 run. He's a damn good shooter but that's the extent of what he does above average on the offensive end. On defense, he doesn't have the size to be as effective as his heart wants to be.

Patty is a great guy, and I understand there's a sentimental side that inflates his value, but there's not a huge significance difference between him and what I've seen from Lapro. IMO Trading him is in no way blowing it up.

And where did I say I want LaMarcus traded? All I did was comment on the scenario that was rumored and explored that side of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The only guy I said I'd trade is Patty based on the impressive play of Laprovittola. Edit: And Anderson as well. Both guys are outliers that wouldn't blow up the team if moved. IMO.

Everything I said on LaMarcus was hypothetical if the rumors were to be true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Patty would be blowing it up? Wow. I can't agree there.

Patty is overrated on this board for his shot making in the 2014 run. He's a damn good shooter but that's the extent of what he does above average on the offensive end. On defense, he doesn't have the size to be as effective as his heart wants to be.

Patty is a great guy, and I understand there's a sentimental side that inflates his value, but there's not a huge significance difference between him and what I've seen from Lapro. IMO Trading him is in no way blowing it up.

And where did I say I want LaMarcus traded? All I did was comment on the scenario that was rumored and explored that side of it.
    You and I butted heads in that thread, but I knew you weren't out and out advocating to trade LMA. We were just debating... silly things like validity and subjective opinions and objective analysis, as it was being put out there.

But interpretive cognizance and lack of it is a real thing and we are all a victim of it more times than we like to admit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are going to be, what, O & 10, O & 12 until Danny gets back? Seems like a perfect time to trade the first for more value than it actually has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are going to be, what, O & 10, O & 12 until Danny gets back? Seems like a perfect time to trade the first for more value than it actually has.
    Lol, awesome. At the very least, my brother! Your optimism brims with the crisp taste of Folgers flavor crystals and I'm drinking it with full-on heavy cream!

HEAVY CREAM BABY!

Thread Information