Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Note. Also searching for television ratings in Japan. Found this for a J-League Final:

J-League cup 2007 Final - 3.4%
    Opening day for the NPB did like quadruple that:

https://yakyudb.com/2017/04/03/43201...ay-tv-ratings/

I can't find any men's national team ratings, but the women's final drew:

Japanese broadcaster Fuji TV drew an average audience of 11.6 million for the game,
    I assume Japan are soccer bandwagoners like the USA, and the Women's final was the most watched soccer game in US history. I expect a similar result in Japan.

Meanwhile:

The extra-inning thriller won by Japan in 11 innings saw an average TV viewership in Japan of 25.2%, peaking at 32.6% Sunday night, while official attendance for the contest at the Tokyo Dome was 44,326.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh ok. Let me trust your survey.

At least we can now agree that baseball lost 35% of its hardcore fans.
    Who says?

Again, you're assuming favorite sport=only sport. I went through periods where football was my favorite sport, basketball, baseball. It changes depending on how competent the league is. Right now, the NFL is the most incompetent. Basketball is very ty right now overall because of the move to 3 point shooting over everything else. Baseball is constantly evolving and also has the best stat and video-tracking in the world that makes SportVU look stoneaged.

NBA also saw an over 50% drop from the Jordan-era. What happened there? I've told you before, basketball fans are the least hardcore of any. They follow players over the league, teams, and sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ward vs Kovalev on June my .
    Ward should win easy this time. He can make adjustments as we saw in the 1st fight.

Sergey, however, only knows how to fight 1 style. Will be interesting to see if he makes any adjustment and keep up with it.

Bottom line: Ward should get an easier win than the first fight, but never count out a heavy puncher like Kovalev.

P.S. Interesting fight will be Vladimir vs Joshua. Does Joshua have enough experience? Is Vladimir too old? I just hope Joshua knocks him out, lol, don't like Vladimir.

P.S. Props to Danny Jacobs! Hope he gets a rematch or at least gets a chance at Canelo (I doubt it will ever happen).

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Hockey lack of fame in the US might indicate that American viwers in general love slow paced games with minimal attention span. Games like Soccer, you cant afford to put your eyes down. You need to be constantly watching to get a read of the game.
    Hockey was huge in the US in the '80s and '90s. That's why teams started moving/being awarded to non-traditional markets like Dallas, Miami, Tampa Bay, Phoenix, Raleigh, Anaheim, and San Jose.

Fans' attention spans have nothing to do with hockey's struggles here since then. The real reason is because Gary Bettman is an idiot. He's presided over three lockouts, cancelled an entire season, cost his league a TV deal with ESPN, put Stanley Cup Finals games on the Outdoor Life Network, and failed to market the NHL's stars. The NHL had a chance to be a truly national sport, and Bettman blew it. There's a reason he gets booed every year at the Stanley Cup presentation ceremony and the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of a bad choppy gif there.

I do agree moonshots can be hard to see, but that's what's kind of cool. You hear the crack of the bat, the ball rockets off, the crowd roars, and you don't wear that er is landing.
    yeah gif is not good quality.

Now I have watched a couple of baseball games when I was living near Detroit. The first one I was in a middle row and tbh you don't see much like hockey tbh, people are desinterested, they use the game to chat, have a drink and eat some wings. They stand up like at 3 occasions for national anthem, for camera kiss stuff and to grab tee shirts and once in a while on a homerun when ball lands in your area.
    The second I was with good seats near the action and there yeah I could see the ball and get caught a couple of times to actually watch the game. 2/3 sees tho. So it's like watching a mime show in broadway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6 threads and none more than 3 pages

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the front page of espn.com RIGHT NOW

"try zero" while 2 footballers are in the top-8

But 15 active NFL-ers, six active hoopsters, two soccer stars (Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo), two tennis legends (Serena Williams and Roger Federer), one swimmer (Michael Phelps), one hockey player (Sidney Crosby), one sprinter (Usain Bolt), one race car driver (Dale Earnhardt Jr.), one mixed martial artist (Conor McGregor) and one Tiger (Woods) all make appearances on this list before a single active baseball player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thinking the problem is "marketing".

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Just another side effect of open borders and illegals swarming into the country, tbh. By the end of Trump's presidency, that list will be full of baseball players with no povertyball actresses to be found.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6 threads and none more than 3 pages

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Just read the article, and it turns out that there are more retired baseball players than active povertyballers in the top 50. Jeter, Ortiz, Babe Ruth and Pete Rose vs. Messi and Ronaldo. And the tic-tac-toe krew is actually claiming victory over this... ya gotta believe me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not as overrated as rugby kent
    I dont like rugby tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Messi and Ronaldo in the top 50..

But we dont care

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking the problem is "marketing".
    It is.

"Baseball has always promoted the game," Tellem says. "But it's been more about the game and its history. And it's been less about the individual players."
    World Series crushed the NBA Finals this past year.

"Well, Cubs, history."

The NBA Finals was backed by one of the most famous storylines in American sports, the Cleveland Curse, featured the game's two biggest stars, and went to game 7. Still didn't matter. And small market World Series matchups will trounce small market NBA Finals matchups. And l posted earlier that the MLB is over twice as popular as the NBA nationwide per fan polls.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Messi and Ronaldo in the top 50..

But we dont care
    The majority of legal American citizens don't care. Illegals and hipster liberals voted those gots into the top 50. Even then, there were still fewer active povertyballers than retired baseball players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read the article, and it turns out that there are more retired baseball players than active povertyballers in the top 50. Jeter, Ortiz, Babe Ruth and Pete Rose vs. Messi and Ronaldo. And the tic-tac-toe krew is actually claiming victory over this... ya gotta believe me
    No beisballing in the top-10PERIOD

Babe "300lb" Ruth
    David "300lb" Ortiz"
    Pete "an actual inside gambler, not Jordan" Rose

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It is.

World Series crushed the NBA Finals this past year.

"Well, Cubs, history."

The NBA Finals was backed by one of the most famous storylines in American sports, the Cleveland Curse, featured the game's two biggest stars, and went to game 7. Still didn't matter. And small market World Series matchups will trounce small market NBA Finals matchups. And l posted earlier that the MLB is over twice as popular as the NBA nationwide per fan polls.
    "But, but, a bunch of illegals and hipster gots voted for a couple skinnyfat soccer twinks as their favorite athletes! That means baseball sucks!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Babe "300lb" Ruth
    David "300lb" Ortiz"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Babe "300lb" Ruth
    David "300lb" Ortiz"
    Case closed!

Baseball is a dying "sport", everyone knows it.

Only a brain damaged person would think it can compete with soccer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Case closed!

Baseball is a dying "sport", everyone knows it.

Only a brain damaged person would think it can compete with soccer.

Brain damaged people are the ones who assume things without research, like yourself and most TicTacTrot fans.

MLS

"MLS sucks! I bet American fans would tune in by the millions to watch the EPL!"

The first of two Premier League matches between Manchester City and Manchester United this season was played at 7am Eastern time on 10 September and drew 623,000 viewers, about 20% less than the first match between the two rivals a year ago which kicked off at 10am ET.)
    Florida’s win over Michigan to win the Women’s College World Series easily led cable sports on Wednesday with 2.273 million viewers and a 0.6 adults 18-49 rating on ESPN.

Yeah, case closed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brain damaged people are the ones who assume things without research, like yourself and most TicTacTrot fans.

MLS

"MLS sucks! I bet American fans would tune in by the millions to watch the EPL!"

Yeah, case closed.
    Dumbass, read your own graph, it clearly says "US adults".

So yeah case closed. Sample size is also only 2000 American adults.

Funny how white Americans think the world turns around them. lol

So yeah, you must be brain dead for thinking baseball even has a chance to compete against soccer, rofl.

And yes, I'm comparing MLB to the world because it calls it final series "the world series".

Funny how re ed it is, the winner of the "American" league faces the winner of the "National" league in the "World" series, hahaha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbass, read your own graph, it clearly says "US adults".

So yeah case closed. Sample size is also only 2000 American adults.

Funny how white Americans think the world turns around them. lol

So yeah, you must be brain dead for thinking baseball even has a chance to compete against soccer, rofl.

And yes, I'm comparing MLB to the world because it calls it final series "the world series".

Funny how re ed it is, the winner of the "American" league faces the winner of the "National" league in the "World" series, hahaha.
    You're the dumbass. Polling kids makes no sense because their tastes change with the wind. Anyhow, here's a polling showing which sports kid watch on TV:

Soccer really is the sport of the "youth."

And if any sport is deader than a doornail, it's boxing. How do you feel about that?

And we're not talking about world wide ratings. Keep up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the dumbass. Polling kids makes no sense because their tastes change with the wind. Anyhow, here's a polling showing which sports kid watch on TV:

Soccer really is the sport of the "youth."

And if any sport is deader than a doornail, it's boxing. How do you feel about that?

And we're not talking about world wide ratings. Keep up.
    No, you stupid, it wasn't about polling kids. Your sample size is "US" males, not international even though your desperate MLB claims to crown the "WORLD" series winner. But you only bring an american poll, talk about being hypocritical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you stupid, I wasn't about polling kids. Your sample size is for "US" males, not international even though your desperate MLB claims to crown the "WORLD" series winner. But you only bring an american poll, talk about being hypocritical.
    Did you follow the argument? Splits posted that American's favorite athletes poll to suggest that baseball is "dying" in the US.

An idea easily debunked. And the poll wasn't US Males, it was US Adults. Keep up.

Thread Information