Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    When Allen Defended Fultz he went 6-21 with few FTs.

When Allen didnt defend Fultz he went 9-19 with 15 FTs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to collect pretty heavily high end stuff, numbered autos etc. Had a ton of spurs stuff but eventually sold it, I was spending too much on stuff. Haven't been following stuff lately of what good sets are out there, but there are a number of shops around SA that sell boxes. Theres a place still open sports cards plus. Lots of places online sell too, used to mainly get upperdeck stuff. Wouldn't mind picking up a box tbh but I might get sucked back into the game.
    thanks man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who wants to trade for a one-year rental?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pritchard and Lakers playing a game. Pritchard trying to squeeze a better offer out of the Lakers by threatening a one year rental trade to another team so Lakers can't get Bird rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be great if it were the NFL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than the first 2 pics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, it does not seem likely that BOS made this trade with getting a star in mind. Think about it - the #1 pick is certainly more valuable than the #3 pick so that would actually hurt them.

Yes, they picked up another first rounder in the deal however, they already had a boat load of picks which is more than enough to trade for Butler/PG.

So I think it was more about the fact that Ainge really didn't want to be forced into taking Fultz/Ball and he very well could still end up with Ball at #3 while getting an extra pick.

I read a pretty good article that claimed that Ainge really is high on Jackson, and thinks he is the right fit for what he wants to do with this roster. Boston is already a pretty damned good team. So it sounds like he's focused on getting the right pieces, and thinks that's Jackson. If that's true, and he can get Jackson plus another first round pick? I think it's a pretty big risk, but Danny Ainge knows a of a lot more than I do, and Boston has made a LOT of smart moves building that roster.

I think there's close to zero chance that the Lakers pass on Ball anyway, but if they did I wonder what Ainge would do? Pick him, and then try to leverage for Jackson and even more assets? This has really fallen Boston's way so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's just sick. I knew they were pick rich, but that's obscene.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just sick. I knew they were pick rich, but that's obscene.
    The haul they got for washed up Pierce and Garnet is embarrassing GM fail.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mostly just watch to see if the Spurs draft a diamond in the rough; because I know it could be the difference between a ring and a second round exit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That is just nuts. Those LAC and MEM have the potential to be sneaky good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The haul they got for washed up Pierce and Garnet is embarrassing GM fail.
    Boston's front office loved to recycle old trash. PATFO, otoh, loved to hoard them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be pretty hilarious if Lakers call Boston's bluff and take Jackson 2nd Don't think Magic would have the balls though. They should hire Hinkie in the next couple of days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is just nuts. Those LAC and MEM have the potential to be sneaky good.
    Both are protected, their best picks are the brooklyn one and maybe sacramento 2019 ( depends on the lakers 2018).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love what the Celtics are doing, tbh, even knowing the risks that accompany high-drafted players..

Adding players like Hayward and Butler still doesn't give them any shot at a le..they weren't even in Cleveland's league, let alone GS..might as well wait out LeBron's prime and the Warriors' eventual decline..

It's especially nice because their team will remain near the top of the East, which avoids the usual scrutiny towards a rebuilding team..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge has a terrible draft history

Imagine loving what he's doing...

Stockpiling picks for the future when your 2 best players are 28 and 31 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge has a terrible draft history

Some of those were draft day trades, IIRC. (Nogueira plus a crappy second round pick is how they got Olynyk.) About a third of them were picks in the last 5 slots in each round, which aren't exactly high-expectation picks. (Giddens, for instance, was a reasonable gamble at the 30 slot, regardless of how he worked out.) Zizic was a pretty good pick as a draft and stash. Yabusele is one of those risk/reward guys, but he's supposed to get a shot this year.

I don't know who Dave @HurkaDoesSports is, but I think he should post up his draft picks for the last 10 years, just to be fair and all. Somehow, with all the incompetence, Ainge has put together a pretty decent team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love what the Celtics are doing, tbh, even knowing the risks that accompany high-drafted players..

Adding players like Hayward and Butler still doesn't give them any shot at a le..they weren't even in Cleveland's league, let alone GS..might as well wait out LeBron's prime and the Warriors' eventual decline..

It's especially nice because their team will remain near the top of the East, which avoids the usual scrutiny towards a rebuilding team..
    Problem is how long do you wait? You are also about to have to pay a ton to IT and Bradley and some of their younger guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what PHX is thinking. Would love to send them LMA for assets, if they're thinking they want to "win now."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what PHX is thinking. Would love to send them LMA for assets, if they're thinking they want to "win now."
    PHX needs another PG

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is how long do you wait? You are also about to have to pay a ton to IT and Bradley and some of their younger guys.
    I wouldn't keep either of those guys, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't keep either of those guys, tbh..
    Sure, but that is the problem with waiting. Those guys (the real talent so far) are going to want to get paid. No guarantee you get anything good for them (doesnt seem willing to trade them or why the would you trade the #1 pick instead of just trading IT now?).

So if you are operating under the assumption you aren't keeping those guys, then you are in a bit of a hot mess with this whole thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but that is the problem with waiting. Those guys (the real talent so far) are going to want to get paid. No guarantee you get anything good for them (doesnt seem willing to trade them or why the would you trade the #1 pick instead of just trading IT now?).

So if you are operating under the assumption you aren't keeping those guys, then you are in a bit of a hot mess with this whole thing.
    I agree about IT, I've been saying they should have already been shopping him..the problem with him is that he has already developed a cult following in Boston..they waited too long to move him, now it's tricky..

I don't think Bradley is relevant to their plans, though..he's a nice player, but he's now in that awkward spot where he's too good to be a role player, but not good enough to be a top guy, as we have seen throughout NBA history..

Thread Information