Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just kidding gots

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...geles-clippers
    Blake Griffin to sign 5-year, $173M deal with Clippers

Blake Griffin plans to reach agreement on a five-year, $173 million deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources told ESPN.

Griffin met with team owner Steve Ballmer, coach Doc Rivers and special consultant Jerry West at Staples Center on Friday. Griffin did not get a no-trade clause, however, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

The deal was first reported by The Vertical.

The 6-foot-10 Griffin had previously told the Clippers he would opt out of his player option for next season, with the NBA's free-agency period set to begin Saturday.

Griffin is recovering from a toe injury that has left him questionable for the start of the season. He suffered the injury to the plantar plate of his right big toe in Game 3 of the Clippers' playoff series against the Utah Jazz.

In the 2016 playoffs, he suffered a quad injury in Game 4 of the Clippers' first-round series against the Portland Trail Blazers. He did not return for the remainder of that series, and the Clippers were eliminated in six games.

In a podcast earlier Friday with USA Today's Sam Amick, Lawrence Frank, the Clippers' executive VP of basketball operations, talked about Griffin's importance to the team.

"The perception of the Clippers changed once Blake Griffin started as a Clipper, right?" Amick said. "And we've had great success.

"Chris obviously, you know, was great -- Chris' winning ways, we're grateful for (them)," Amick said of Chris Paul, who the Clippers traded to the Houston Rockets this week. "But Blake is in a position where we look at him as Clipper royalty, and it hasn't changed. So we are going to do everything we can to keep Blake a Clipper. But ultimately, just like Chris and just like all the other free agents, it's his decision. And we respect whatever decision he chooses to make."

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clippers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cant turn down that insane amount of money lol

dumb clippers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread will be happy to hear this

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    See, this is a perfect example of why I cannot warm up to you, bum. We're all adults here, you don't pull a practical joke like this. It's wrong. I've asked you repeatedly not to do this and you continue to do it anyway.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread will be happy to hear this
    It'll save the Suns brass air fare out to the coast. They was goin' tomorrow nite. The Milsapper is comin' on the Sabbath.

I'm relieved. Sure, I didn't think he'd do good here, but, you never know. Now it's a moot point.

Though in' bum wrecks it. What an a-hole. My evening is now harmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, this is a perfect example of why I cannot warm up to you, bum. We're all adults here, you don't pull a practical joke like this. It's wrong. I've asked you repeatedly not to do this and you continue to do it anyway.
    I got 'cha you er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well since he only plays about 41 games a season, if that much, the Clippers are paying out the ass for Blake's per game amount.

Seeing all these ass players making great player money, it's sad to look back at how ty the players in the 80s and early 90s got paid for the most part.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, you didn't. I saw the news about a 1/2 hour ago. Sure, my heart leapt, but, my subconscious knew it was horse , so, I'm fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you didn't. I saw the news about a 1/2 hour ago. Sure, my heart leapt, but, my subconscious knew it was horse , so, I'm fine.
    I mopped the floor with your ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, now there is a giant purple and yellow colored stain all over the tile.....thanks bb

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This means he's probably getting traded.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin with the Suns would work great.

When he gets injured the team can just play the mascot and peoplewould only think he dyed his hair.

Thread Information