Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It clearly doesn’t look like he’s coming back this season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice post. So weird that nobody is even seeing him get up shots. Maybe he does so before or after the rest of the team is out there, because he's rehabbing while they're on the court? Wishful thinking on my part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guarantee the Spurs will offer him the supermax. because even if he doesnt look good, some idiot will trade for him. Look at Detroit and Griffin tbh, West knew he was damaged goods and still signed him to a supermax deal and found someone to ship him off to and Leonard is a much better player than Blake

This is probably what will happen. But I'm beginning to think the wisest thing for the Spurs might be not to offer an extension. Let him go out there next year, re-qualify by being All NBA or DPOY, and then, if he does, offer the supermax with the hope that the cash keeps him in SA even if he has issues. And, if he doesn't make All NBA, then you offer an appropriate contract and take your chances in free agency. Probably won't happen as that allows the possibility of losing Kawhi for nothing, but I'd like to see them do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember back in the day when Moses Malone had an injury that was keeping him off the floor, although he did dress out for bench duty. In his youth, Malone was very remote and untalkative, much like Kwahi. His most famous quote of his career came when Malone was asked by a reporter why he wasn't playing. Malone's answer: "Foot hurt".

Maybe we should give Kwahi a nickname that fits this: "Quad hurt".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember back in the day when Moses Malone had an injury that was keeping him off the floor, although he did dress out for bench duty. In his youth, Malone was very remote and untalkative, much like Kwahi. His most famous quote of his career came when Malone was asked by a reporter why he wasn't playing. Malone's answer: "Foot hurt".

Maybe we should give Kwahi a nickname that fits this: "Quad hurt".
    Isn't "Fo Fo Fo" his most famous quote?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It clearly doesn’t look like he’s coming back this season...
    And I still think it's not his coach or the team medical staff who have shut the door completely on it. Pop was very clear as to why he is yet to make his promised comeback.

Notice the studied usage of "his" here..In a sense, he is still the one ruling himself out..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice post. So weird that nobody is even seeing him get up shots. Maybe he does so before or after the rest of the team is out there, because he's rehabbing while they're on the court? Wishful thinking on my part.
    I have wondered if he just went back to NY to get continued treatment from his doctors, at least for a stretch, thus why he wasn't seen... but really no one knows.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 03-19-2018 at 12:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I still think it's not his coach or the team medical staff who have shut the door completely on it. Pop was very clear as to why he is yet to make his promised comeback.

Notice the studied usage of "his" here..In a sense, he is still the one ruling himself out..

I agree with you. Pop didn't expect him back but never shut him down for the season. He left the possibility open, though he thought it unlikely that he could return, knowing what he knows... the man still isn't ready to go. This is all Kiwi at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren't that lucky, are we?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes terrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you. Pop didn't expect him back but never shut him down for the season. He left the possibility open, though he thought it unlikely that he could return, knowing what he knows... the man still isn't ready to go. This is all Kiwi at this point.
    It's funny how people can think that Kawhi's doctors are just crazy people who would lie to an NBA coach of Pop caliber about a player's injury.

Like it or not, if they tell Pop that Kawhi's not ready, he's not ready. Those doctors wouldn't put their professionalism and credibility at risk just for this issue about a player.

"But but it's Kawhi, not doctors"...I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how people can think that Kawhi's doctors are just crazy people who would lie to an NBA coach of Pop caliber about a player's injury.

Like it or not, if they tell Pop that Kawhi's not ready, he's not ready. Those doctors wouldn't put their professionalism and credibility at risk just for this issue about a player.

"But but it's Kawhi, not doctors"...I doubt it.
    I didnt say anywhere they are crazy doctors... where are you getting that from?

It’s just the truth, the Pop is holding him back schtick was worn for most of the season by Kiwi’s fans and that’s just not the case.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously doubt the Spurs doctors after all these years were wrong or are wrong about Kawhi as far as clearing him. This guy is about to miss a whole season. I think its more than a physical thing. That's my belief.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where are you getting that from?
    The uncle...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that he thinks Kawhis return is imminent when we all know he ain't coming back this year. I will be shocked if he returns tbh

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-...nard-back/amp/

Weird. It seems , Pop hasnt shut door on a return this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ugh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this . Man the up. Slowest healer of all-time. Not sure I'd want that on my resume.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this . Man the up. Slowest healer of all-time. Not sure I'd want that on my resume.
    Lol bums on this site say hes all world.... hes grant hill, but less intelligent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol bums on this site say hes all world.... hes grant hill, but less intelligent
    Thats rich coming from you

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy for you to say...but when Kawhi feels the PATFO are responsible for where he’s at with the injury why rush back? You already did that and it wasn’t the same.

That’s where the awkwardness/discomfort is coming from. Kawhi took it out of the Spurs hands and if PATFO try to dictate anything else whether that’s him playing or not he’s gone.

I honestly don’t think Kawhi cares when he comes back..let’s say last 2 weeks of season...he just wants to play and especially in the playoffs. He’s not busting his balls for nothing...and if Pop takes that away he’s gone. Bye Felicia

That’s why we heard from Kawhi when Pop pretty much threatened him... I think the message got to Pop and now it’s out of his hands. Kawhi is holding them hostage but tbh he feels PATFO put him in that position to do so..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the team without kawhi might win in round 1, if they avoid the bottom 2 seeds... but they need kawhi in full gear, fully integrated anything past that. starting to reach the tipping point tbh....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy for you to say...but when Kawhi feels the PATFO are responsible for where he’s at with the injury why rush back? You already did that and it wasn’t the same.

That’s where the awkwardness/discomfort is coming from. Kawhi took it out of the Spurs hands and if PATFO try to dictate anything else whether that’s him playing or not he’s gone.

I honestly don’t think Kawhi cares when he comes back..let’s say last 2 weeks of season...he just wants to play and especially in the playoffs. He’s not busting his balls for nothing...and if Pop takes that away he’s gone. Bye Felicia

That’s why we heard from Kawhi when Pop pretty much threatened him... I think the message got to Pop and now it’s out of his hands. Kawhi is holding them hostage but tbh he feels PATFO put him in that position to do so..
    So hes almost lebron durant standard in terms of acting like a crybaby? Or has he surpassed them?

Thread Information