Page 65 of 745 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 18607
    My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    PHX: Josh Jackson + #1

SAC: Fox + #2

BOS: Tatum + pick or Brown + multiple picks

CLE: #8 + hopefully them routing Love to a third team for another lottery pick

PHI: Fultz, Covington + #10

LAC: Harris + #12 + #13

Lakers: Ingram + them working with other teams to get multiple other picks + 25th pick.

damn spurfan is optimistic/delusional today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn spurfan is optimistic/delusional today
    How so? We don’t know how the market for a top 3 player will shake out. We were discussing what appears to have been discussed to varying degrees and how we would rank them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHX: Josh Jackson + #1

SAC: Fox + #2

BOS: Tatum + pick or Brown + multiple picks

CLE: #8 + hopefully them routing Love to a third team for another lottery pick

PHI: Fultz, Covington + #10

LAC: Harris + #12 + #13

Lakers: Ingram + them working with other teams to get multiple other picks + 25th pick.
    In what world does the Suns or Kings offer that? Especially for a 1 year rental (no way is Kawhi re-signing with either).

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Josh Jackson + 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what world does the Suns or Kings offer that? Especially for a 1 year rental (no way is Kawhi re-signing with either).
    You answered your own question. Those offers happen maybe if Kawhi has a bigger list of teams than we know of. Especially SAC who is in Cali. Kawhi may want LA but if he cant get that because LA doesn’t have a good enough offer, would he be ok with SAC?

This is pretty much unprecedented and who knows what a team may be willing to gamble for the chance at the potential league MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were discussing our best cases. If Kawhi says he would sign with PHX and they can pair him without giving up Booker? I can abo ey see them doing that.

Kevin Love netted the number one pick. You don’t think Kawhi is worth more than Kevin Love assuming he says he will re-sign there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fultz, Covington, & tenth pick is garbage.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    this I would take Saric over Covington.
    good role player but they overpaid him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is probably the most divisive trade. Some people still really believe in Fultz. Some people hate him. How you view him is how you view the deal but it will be widely debated if hit happens.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here are forgetting how stingy Ainge can be. Also people need to keep in mind the same reasons why the Spurs may have been reluctant to offer the supermax will apply to any offer the team receives.

I would be shocked if Ainge was willing to deal Tatum, I'm not even sure he wants to trade Brown anymore. Boston has had a lot of opportunities to acquire top talent and they've been stingy (Jimmy Butler, PG etc.). With that being said there are still trade options with the draft picks they have and maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to go that route and get the specific guys the Spurs may want vs taking on a Brown (if available).

Something like Hayward, Grizzlies pick and the Philly/Kings pick for Kawhi and Mills/Gasol. Hayward is a decent replacement and signed long-term and those picks have the potential to have good value.

I still think Philly will be the most likely route though because they may be willing to offer more to try to get Kawhi as a lure for Lebron this offseason.
    As stingy as Ainge is, if you have the opportunity to get one of the top 2-3 players in the NBA, you don't F around with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You answered your own question. Those offers happen maybe if Kawhi has a bigger list of teams than we know of. Especially SAC who is in Cali. Kawhi may want LA but if he cant get that because LA doesn’t have a good enough offer, would he be ok with SAC?

This is pretty much unprecedented and who knows what a team may be willing to gamble for the chance at the potential league MVP.
    How does that answer the question? There is a 0% chance that Kawhi would state any interest in signing an extension with either team. It would not be to his benefit at all, they're mediocre media markets, awful front offices and awful teams.

Even if by some miracle they had a guarantee that he would sign an extension that is still an exorbitant offer for someone who didn't play 10 games last season and his health being a question mark, regardless of how good of a player he is when healthy.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is probably the most divisive trade. Some people still really believe in Fultz. Some people hate him. How you view him is how you view the deal but it will be widely debated if hit happens.
    If you swap Saric in for Covington, it's a pretty solid trade for the silver and black.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    s been quiet since Friday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does that answer the question? There is a 0% chance that Kawhi would state any interest in signing an extension with either team. It would not be to his benefit at all, they're mediocre media markets, awful front offices and awful teams.

Even if by some miracle they had a guarantee that he would sign an extension that is still an exorbitant offer for someone who didn't play 10 games last season and his health being a question mark, regardless of how good of a player he is when healthy.
    Ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if Kawhi gets moved it should happen on draft night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Why the would we take Covington over Saric? Saric could be a borderline All-Star. Covington is a solid 3 and D player approaching 30 tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As stingy as Ainge is, if you have the opportunity to get one of the top 2-3 players in the NBA, you don't F around with it.
    I'm just not convinced Ainge is that interested, he's stingy and gets enamored with his assets. Sure he would like Kawhi but not at the cost of Tatum and maybe not Brown either. Anything is possible though but I just don't see it based on past actions/behavior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if Kawhi gets moved it should happen on draft night?
    Should? No. But highly possible? Yes. Just depends on how Kawhi is acting behind the scenes and if he’s hurting SA by being strict with his list of teams.

If he’s being somewhat reasonable so both parties can be happy, then draft night trade is likely. If he’s being a Kawhi, then it could drag on much longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Why the would we take Covington over Saric? Saric could be a borderline All-Star. Covington is a solid 3 and D player approaching 30 tbh.
    It’s just an example. There are many variations of trades that could happen. But salaries might matter and that’s why I put COV in there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just not convinced Ainge is that interested, he's stingy and gets enamored with his assets. Sure he would like Kawhi but not at the cost of Tatum and maybe not Brown either. Anything is possible though but I just don't see it based on past actions/behavior.
    Unlike some other teams, though, Boston could hardly hope to sign him as a FA next summer because of their cap situation. If Ainge wants him that badly and Kawhi's willing to commit to them, then he'll make a good offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should? No. But highly possible? Yes. Just depends on how Kawhi is acting behind the scenes and if he’s hurting SA by being strict with his list of teams.

If he’s being somewhat reasonable so both parties can be happy, then draft night trade is likely. If he’s being a Kawhi, then it could drag on much longer.
    It's exciting either way I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know what SA will get for Kawhi. A lot depends on Kawhi’s health but more importantly how much he wants to force his way to a small list of teams.

IF (which we just don’t know yet) he’s open to more places than we know, SA should get a great offer. Even if we hate Kawhi it doesn’t change the fact he’s considered a top 5 player and teams with limited cap space to get him in free agency will have to trade for him if they want him.

Even teams that might have cap space will risk Kawhi being traded (like PG to OKC) and possibly being swayed to stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's exciting either way I guess.
    Why do you think I go to the draft mang??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way we get a high pick offer is to add value like Murray, 18 or next year's first. That might be worth it if the Spurs really think ayton and donic are legit. The same may be true in all offers, we can sweeten the pot a tad too close a deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just an example. There are many variations of trades that could happen. But salaries might matter and that’s why I put COV in there
    I don't make a trade with Philly without including Saric tbh. He is the surest asset on that team tbh.

Thread Information