Page 103 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 9132
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which has happened, like... once?
    Primo, Branham, Wesley, Sochan. Neither played PG in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All but one are guards. Give me a break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All but one are guards. Give me a break.
    There's a huge difference between being a Guard and a Point Guard. Something as simple as dribling the ball up the court makes a huge difference in the complexion of an offense and it's something that comes as second nature for guys that played PG all their lives and it can be a real struggle for guys that are not used to it. Would you have played guys like Bruce Bowen or Michael Finley as PGs back in the days?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, and with so many uncertainties, I would draft Dillingham, if only for the excitement his style of play would bring. Even if he ends up in the G-league to start his career, it would be worth the watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen a few of these guys on Tv or on videos, but all I think is meh, these guys have a lot of flaws. None of them scream starter, even on this team. A lot of these guys play in foreign leagues which aren't quite NBA calibur which means they will need some if not a lot of development since they play a different type of game overseas which doesn't always translate. None are the quality of Luka or Wemby so lets not get too excited. Even the American college players are mainly one and dones, which means they will also need developing.

Just not overly impressed with this draft. If we manage to get two 1st rounders in this draft, I would take the best available player regardless of position, and trade the other pick for an established player and possibly another asset if not more. We can improve this team quicker if we draft well and make a few trades along the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, and with so many uncertainties, I would draft Dillingham, if only for the excitement his style of play would bring. Even if he ends up in the G-league to start his career, it would be worth the watch.
    I don't know if the G League would help Dillingham. He'd wind up shredding them, imo. What he needs help with is team defense and overall defensive concepts and the G League is pretty in that area. If the Spurs did take Dillingham, they'd have to suck up some growing pains on that end. He's a bad defender, but imo a good chunk of it is a lack of coaching and experience.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two guys that I would seriously look if we get the Raptors pick would be:

Johnny Furphy - SF - 6'9 - Kansas - I like the kid he can shoot the 3 ball - 394% and looks to be a good rebounder for his postion. Two things that I think we need which is rebounding and better outside shooting which he does well in.

Devin Carter - PG - 6'3 "Legit" -
    Providence - Starting to really like his game and think this is the kind of kid Pop would love to coach as Dejounte likes to say "He got the Dog" in him he plays great defense and is probably the best defender and rebounder for his position. He is older 22 but I don't mind as he was well known as being a great defender but has really improved his offensive game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo played zero PG in his rookie year. DJ started, and Tre came off the bench. According to bbref, he played 2% of his minutes in his 4 games in season two at PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo played zero PG in his rookie year. DJ started, and Tre came off the bench. According to bbref, he played 2% of his minutes in his 4 games in season two at PG.
    Do you really need a page to tell you where Primo played when Murray was traded? If not Primo, who was the backup PG back then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two guys that I would seriously look if we get the Raptors pick would be:

Johnny Furphy - SF - 6'9 - Kansas - I like the kid he can shoot the 3 ball - 394% and looks to be a good rebounder for his postion. Two things that I think we need which is rebounding and better outside shooting which he does well in.

Devin Carter - PG - 6'3 "Legit" -
    Providence - Starting to really like his game and think this is the kind of kid Pop would love to coach as Dejounte likes to say "He got the Dog" in him he plays great defense and is probably the best defender and rebounder for his position. He is older 22 but I don't mind as he was well known as being a great defender but has really improved his offensive game
    Here's Johnny Furphy counting and advanced stats versus Cody Williams.

https://tankathon.com/players/compar...-cody-williams

He's just straight up a better player, period. They play similar roles on upperclassman-lead teams, low usage. Williams shoots better, but I don't totally believe in it. (Although he's very good.) Meanwhile, the Furph gets twice as many rebounds, is a better defender, etc. etc. Like, one just stands around thinking about his successful brother and the other just hustles and plays. Stats include half the season before Furphy blew up, btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really need a page to tell you where Primo played when Murray was traded? If not Primo, who was the backup PG nack then?
    I trust bbref more than your bitter rants. It was also only 4 games.

bbref shows that Josh Richardson played 34% of his minutes before his February trade at PG. There’s your backup.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bran Ham too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I trust bbref more than your bitter rants. It was also only 4 games.

bbref shows that Josh Richardson played 34% of his minutes before his February trade at PG. There’s your backup.
    What bitter rant? I simply answered a question, tbh.

So you trust more a random site than a fan that actually watches the games? Primo played PG, every Spurfan knows it; but, fine, you wanna say Josh Richardson played PG? That's another non-PG that Pop put at the one. The point still remains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I forgot stints of Lonnie Walker and Bryn Forbes playing the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is also the fact that timvp spent an entire summer telling us the Spurs viewed Primo as a PG. But, maybe his sources were wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is the only outlier in that group. The team seemed to want to try a big lineup and one where they could also start Keldon.

Who gives a . It didn't work. Can we keep this thread to draft prospects?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What bitter rant? I simply answered a question, tbh.

So you trust more a random site than a fan that actually watches the games? Primo played PG, every Spurfan knows it; but, fine, you wanna say Josh Richardson played PG? That's another non-PG that Pop put at the one. The point still remains.
    His rookie year, he played none. It was DJ and Tre. His second year, he played four games. Repeating, it was four games. Four whole games. We’ll never know what would have happened, because it didnt. If you really need to add him to your list for playing parts of four games at PG, knock yourself out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I forgot stints of Lonnie Walker and Bryn Forbes playing the point.
    Exactly, people forget point Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's been 3 very clear examples in just this season: Sochan, Branham and Cedi for a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can go back to Point Neal and Point Mason Jr. as well, I don't even know what the Sniff Crew is on today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't the Spurs consistently have one of the highest assist rates in the league?

They have never needed a traditional point. That's the freaking point.

The issue is who that person guards. I keep saying this over and over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This 'discussion' is clinically idiotic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have never needed a traditional point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This 'discussion' is clinically idiotic.
    This is a heroically re ed take, even by your standards. This team absolutely needs a traditional point guard. The team was playing at historically awful metrics when it tried slotting a non-play making wing into that role. Either you did not watch the first 25 games of the season, or have literally the worst analytical skills imaginable. I'm leaning more toward the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His rookie year, he played none. It was DJ and Tre. His second year, he played four games. Repeating, it was four games. Four whole games. We’ll never know what would have happened, because it didnt. If you really need to add him to your list for playing parts of four games at PG, knock yourself out.
    Primo did play some PG in his rookie season, despite what that site you quote says. Regardless of that, Primo only played 4 games as a PG in his sop re year because he was a ing deviant. Pop planned all off season long for Primo to play PG, there were reports about it, timvp spilled the inside tomatoe sauces, and we discussed Primo as a PG here all offseason long. Pop planned to transform a non-PG into a PG, which was the whole ing point of this argument.

Thread Information