Page 119 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 5945
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Did you see it yet? I was curious about this movie too.
    Not yet. Keep forgetting.

Saw East of Eden over the weekend. 7/10 -- Good adaptation but weirdly truncated at the end of a longish film; took away from the real one-two punch of the novel. Tremendous cast carrying an out of depth James Dean throughout.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Trainwreck.....sucked. 6/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven't seen it, but, will,,,though you are correct,,,though he lights any film he's in. It's uncanny.
    Yeah I like Jason Bateman in anything he's in. This role though was a different one for him and he was great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw the version they did with Whitaker and Brody. Thought it was alright.

If this one is anything like that one, then it's the same formula.

That one is called the experiment. Came out back in 2010.
    Actually, it's a remake of the german movie "Das Experiment". But you are right, seems to be the same formula.

Last edited by pookenstein; 08-11-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mission Impossible was AMAZING!
    It had its flaws. Just two examples...
    1. The whole underwater scene. Why not use a small oxygen-container for the diving?
    2. Did anybody NOT know what was going on in the Prime Minister scene?

Nonetheless, a good movie...

Nuttin' in these bitches philldafunk's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It had its flaws. Just two examples...
    1. The whole underwater scene. Why not use a small oxygen-container for the diving?
    2. Did anybody NOT know what was going on in the Prime Minister scene?

Nonetheless, a good movie...
    They mentioned that any sign of metal would shut down the machine or something

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Interview - 7
    Inside Llewyn Davis - 8
    Let's Be Cops - 2.5
    hey man can you seriously explain Llewyn Davis to me? I'm not some who doesn't like a good drama or like going into some deep thinking movie but I was seriously lost. Is it basically chronicling the struggles of a musician to make it big? Or is that to simple? I really thought he ed up by not taking the rights to the moon song with timber lakes character. I wasn't the only one in my party who was left wondering what we just watched.

Rouge nation - 4/5
    whiplash - 5/5

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    hey man can you seriously explain Llewyn Davis to me? I'm not some who doesn't like a good drama or like going into some deep thinking movie but I was seriously lost. Is it basically chronicling the struggles of a musician to make it big? Or is that to simple? I really thought he ed up by not taking the rights to the moon song with timber lakes character. I wasn't the only one in my party who was left wondering what we just watched.

Rouge nation - 4/5
    whiplash - 5/5
    If you have to ask, you should not have watched the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you have to ask, you should not have watched the movie.
    I've seen people on here in this thread ask for a little help with plots before. Why you gotta be a prick? I was just asking if there was some deeper meaning to the ing movie, because on the surface it was ing dull as .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've seen people on here in this thread ask for a little help with plots before. Why you gotta be a prick? I was just asking if there was some deeper meaning to the ing movie, because on the surface it was ing dull as .
    I didn't see it so I have no idea about any deeper meaning.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I didn't see it so I have no idea about any deeper meaning.
    Well then maybe you should stay the outta the conversation. I specifically asked the poster who watched it dumbass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well then maybe you should stay the outta the conversation. I specifically asked the poster who watched it dumbass.
    I don't know anyone that watched that movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know anyone that watched that movie.
    Good for you. You done seeking attention?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good for you. You done seeking attention?
    what is your deal man

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think you have to know a little bit about the New York folk scene in the 60s to appreciate the film, but I think its about the psychological makeup of an artist and how someone who has self-destructive tendencies cannot rely on talent alone if they want to be successful.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think you have to know a little bit about the New York folk scene in the 60s to appreciate the film, but I think its about the psychological makeup of an artist and how someone who has self-destructive tendencies cannot rely on talent alone if they want to be successful.
    thanks for the info! That's probably the problem for me, not from the era. So I couldn't relate I guess.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    thanks for the info! That's probably the problem for me, not from the era. So I couldn't relate I guess.
    lol I'm not from that era either. I don't think you have to have been alive then to take an interest in it. Also, the themes of failure, self-destruction and the beautiful loser are pretty universal. It's not that complicated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Trainwreck.....sucked. 6/10

That's being way too generous. More like 3/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol I'm not from that era either. I don't think you have to have been alive then to take an interest in it. Also, the themes of failure, self-destruction and the beautiful loser are pretty universal. It's not that complicated.
    Llewin couldn't do right. I get that. He couldn't even go back to his ty old job with out ing that up. I understand it. I guess it didn't move me. I think the fact the the Coen brothers made this movie therefor the great reviews and ratings over sold it. I went in expecting this epic battle and yet it never made me feel like I wanted the main character to succeed. I just kind of felt like Llewin was a up and that's it. Just wasn't for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Llewin couldn't do right. I get that. He couldn't even go back to his ty old job with out ing that up. I understand it. I guess it didn't move me. I think the fact the the Coen brothers made this movie therefor the great reviews and ratings over sold it. I went in expecting this epic battle and yet it never made me feel like I wanted the main character to succeed. I just kind of felt like Llewin was a up and that's it. Just wasn't for me.
    You done yet? All this and you haven't even rated the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guarantee you that the Coen brothers do not make films for reviews and ratings. Llweyn was a up, but there was more too the story than that. I thought it was interesting that the main character was unsympathetic. The main character as antagonist is interesting because all the peripheral characters are sympathetic. The parent/child relationship with the older couple who were curating his career and giving him a place to stay. His friend's girlfriend that he impregnated. The abortion doctor who was obviously a fan. He showed contempt for the people who loved him because that wasn't the love he craved. The scene with John Goodman and the actor in the car before he auditioned for the gig in Chicago representing two alternate paths that Davis couldn't stomach either. The end is great with the symbolic, callback alley beating he takes after seeing Dylan deliver the final nail in his career is very sharp. It was a slow moving train of a film, but I dug it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guarantee you that the Coen brothers do not make films for reviews and ratings. Llweyn was a up, but there was more too the story than that. I thought it was interesting that the main character was unsympathetic. The main character as antagonist is interesting because all the peripheral characters are sympathetic. The parent/child relationship with the older couple who were curating his career and giving him a place to stay. His friend's girlfriend that he impregnated. The abortion doctor who was obviously a fan. He showed contempt for the people who loved him because that wasn't the love he craved. The scene with John Goodman and the actor in the car before he auditioned for the gig in Chicago representing two alternate paths that Davis couldn't stomach either. The end is great with the symbolic, callback alley beating he takes after seeing Dylan deliver the final nail in his career is very sharp. It was a slow moving train of a film, but I dug it.
    damn you nailed it on the Dylan part. I never thought of it like that and that makes the ending so much more dramatic. its funny to me now because my dad and I both said was that Dylan? But it moved so slow that I couldn't be sure if that's what they were trying to convey. Either way thanks for the perspective. It helped a lot.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yeah I like Jason Bateman in anything he's in. This role though was a different one for him and he was great.
    Ironically I saw "Extract" last nite on the cable. Looked made for TV, and just pedestrian, strictly by the numbers, though the father from "Juno" has a nice turn.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ironically I saw "Extract" last nite on the cable. Looked made for TV, and just pedestrian, strictly by the numbers, though the father from "Juno" has a nice turn.
    What does that have to do with irony? The irony isn't that you saw a Bateman movie but instead that you didn't like it.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    What does that have to do with irony? The irony isn't that you saw a Bateman movie but instead that you didn't like it.
    Just ironic that we were talking about Bateman and I stumbled upon a movie of his. That happened a couple weeks ago when we were discussing "12 Angry Men." A nite later and it showed up on TCM. That was ironic as well.

Thread Information