Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz ain't too shabby with the juvenile ads, eh Reck?
    Old one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    New to me, I haven't watched anything Cruz puts out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Krazy Kruz polishes his Christian supremacist Taliban cred by hiring this Christian asshole

Cruz Adviser: Liberals & Islamists Plan To 'Take Us Down' With Aid To Non-English Speakers

The Center for Security Policy’s Frank Gaffney was, until very recently, a bit of a pariah in establishment GOP circles thanks to his obsessive quest to prove the Islamist infiltration of not only the Obama administration but also the Republican Party. But, as Brian noted yesterday, that has changed dramatically in recent months as Republican presidential candidates have flocked to his primary campaign events, Donald Trump cited his group’s shoddy research in his call to ban Muslims from the country, and, most recently, Ted Cruz named him as a top national security adviser to his campaign.

Despite all the new attention, Gaffney is still his same old self, pushing variations on his favorite theory that a “red-green axis” of progressives and Islamists are conspiring to destroy America with the enthusiastic support of a treasonous President Obama.

Gaffney returned to that theme in an interview earlier this month with Robert Vandervoort of the English-only group ProEnglish, in which he wondered if progressives are conspiring with Islamists to use government programs for people who aren’t proficient in English in order to “take us down.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...glish-speakers

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Frank Gaffney is a nut and a liar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frank Gaffney is a nut and a liar.
    .... very successful, and with maybe Ms of followers, listeners among You People

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz Adviser: Chicago Clashes Portend Violent Revolution By Islamists, Occupy Wall Street & Black Lives Matter

Frank Gaffney, the notorious anti-Muslim conspiracy theorist who recently became one of Sen. Ted Cruz’s top national security advisers, warned on his radio program last week that the violent clashes around a recent Donald Trump rally in Chicago are the harbinger of a violent revolution led by an alliance of Islamists, Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter protesters, anarchists and “other assorted radicals on the left.”

Gaffney asked West about a new count from the anti-immigration Center for Immigration Studies showing that there are 61 million “immigrants and their American born children” currently living in the U.S. (That CIS counts “American-born children” — who are not immigrants — in its number is a classic sleight of hand from the group.)

Gaffney asked West what that “stunning” report “means for the national iden y.”

“Iden y as any kind of a nation is not possible when there is no nation to identify with,” West lamented, saying that the population of immigrants and their families amounts to “population replacement.”

She then linked the Mexican-born population of Chicago with the clashes outside the Trump rally.

“I think Chicago becomes a very important example,” she said. “I had no idea until I started looking at the Chicago shutdown of the Trump rally last week that Chicago itself is almost as Hispanic as it is black, around 30 percent for both groups. However, one in five residents of Chicago is Mexican-born. I mean, this is a staggering kind of demographic change.

And, you know, when you have a politician who is discussing controlling that, building a wall with Mexico and so on, you see where we end up with these kinds of flashpoints. It’s not politics as usual because this is not our country as usual. I mean, we are in a state of flux, of crisis, of change that people have not been made aware of until this particular moment.”

Gaffney too saw a dire warning in the Chicago incident, saying that it represents a “coming together” of Islamists and social justice activists and “portends a very violent prospect, in fact a revolutionary one”:

But let’s talk about, specifically, the prospects — and I think the case in point at the moment, but not the only example, unfortunately, is that Chicago rally — of a coming together of, on the one hand, Islamists — Islamic supremacists if you will, the Muslim Brotherhood — and Black Lives Matter and Occupy movements and sort of anarchists and other assorted radicals on the left. And it seems as though … this coming together, this joining of forces, portends truly a very violent prospect, in fact a revolutionary one. Do you see it that way?

“Yes, it’s very possible, it’s very possible,” West responded. “You could look at Chicago as a dress rehearsal.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/cruz-adviser-chicago-clashes-portend-violent-revolution-islamists-occupy-wall-street-black-l

Scary authoritarian crap from Cruz, Trump, and their advisors, criminalizing legit dissent as if it were terrorism.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-22-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet Cook County (Chicago) iirc went 40% for Trump. Maybe those protesting are not yet 18 or can't vote because they're not citizens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The screams of panic as white Christian guys lose their hegemony.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CROFL calling ISIS the left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said in the other thread, the likes of Cruz and Gaffney are probably jealous of how conservative Islamic countries are, and how much Islamic faith influences politics. They would absolutely love it if Christianity had the same influence in US law and politics as Islam does in Saudi Arabia.

The only scenario in which Trump's candidacy can be stomached is if it keeps Ted Cruz from sniffing the Presidency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samantha Bee has been pretty legit. I had my doubts, but her show isn't far off John Oliver quality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz’s ‘patrol and secure’ plan goes from bad to worse

There was some question yesterday as to whether Cruz may have been referring to “Muslim neighborhoods” abroad, but the senator soon after explained that he was specifically talking about American communities on American soil.

NBC News reported that Cruz later clarified what he has in mind.

… Cruz explained his proposal to reporters on Tuesday night, saying it is “good law enforcement” to target neighborhoods that may be “festering jihadism.”

“It is standard law enforcement — it is good law enforcement to focus on where threats are emanating from, and anywhere where there is a locust of radicalization, where there is an expending presence of radical Islamic terrorism,” Cruz told reporters on Tuesday evening in Manhattan.

The Texas senator later compared his idea to ridding neighborhoods of gang activity and law enforcement’s efforts “to take them off the street.” Cruz added that there’s some precedent for what he has in mind: he pointed to the New York Police Department’s use of a “proactive policing program” under former Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Cruz’s original argument was bad. The clarification is worse.

Right off the bat, comparing law-abiding Americans, who’ve done nothing except remain in a faith tradition Ted Cruz is su ious of, to gang members is ridiculous.

As for Cruz’s NYPD parallel, let’s not forget that the surveillance program the senator referred to never led to a single terrorist investigation – ever – though it did lead to a series of credible lawsuits. In fact, NYPD Commissioner William Bratton spoke out publicly yesterday to explain that Cruz has no idea what he’s talking about.

As for the bigger picture, there are two broad angles to keep in mind. The first is that targeting Muslim Americans, en masse, because of the actions of some lunatics abroad is plainly wrong. The United States isn’t supposed to act this way, and in the instances in our history which we’ve forgotten this, we now look back at those moments with shame, not pride.

But even if you don’t find that persuasive, and even if you’re unconcerned about principles and civil liberties, consider this from a purely practical perspective:

Ted Cruz believes the way to prevent radicalization of a religious minority is to discriminate against that religious minority through heavy-handed law enforcement tactics.

It’s hard to even imagine a more dangerously misguided approach to keeping Americans safe.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

Krazy Kruz, Christian supremacist, pandering to the Christian supremacist Taliban haters.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz, Trump, and the like are only interested in security theater when it comes to protecting the homeland against terrorism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz, Trump, and the like are only interested in security theater when it comes to protecting the homeland against terrorism.
    They are both con men, and Hillary is only slightly less con. All "campaign promises, campaign issues" are pure lying bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pipe Down, Ted

Obama:

"As far as the notion of having surveillance of neighborhoods where Muslims are present, I just left a country that engages in that kind of neighborhood surveillance.

Which, by the way, the father of Sen. Cruz escaped for America."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/obama-cuba-cruz-muslims?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_ campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Barry slapping the -slappable assholes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pipe Down, Ted

Obama:

"As far as the notion of having surveillance of neighborhoods where Muslims are present, I just left a country that engages in that kind of neighborhood surveillance.

Which, by the way, the father of Sen. Cruz escaped for America."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/obama-cuba-cruz-muslims?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_ campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Barry slapping the -slappable assholes.

Obama hanging out with Castro doesn't help him here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama hanging out with Castro doesn't help him here.
    Didn't hurt with "most Americans"

Most Americans Support Ending Cuba Embargo

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/p...nyt-poll-finds

Repugs of course hate the knitter no matter what he does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not the Cubans down here in South Florida. They hate it.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    The only scenario in which Trump's candidacy can be stomached is if it keeps Ted Cruz or Hillary Clinton from sniffing the Presidency.
    FIFY

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Bernie and Hillary are not interested in security theater period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie and Hillary are not interested in security theater period.
    I don't know about that. Hillary is always trying to sound tough. She's giving a lecture style speech on national security as we speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They make his comments about Cruz hypocritical.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They make his comments about Cruz hypocritical.
    How so? Because he wants to end a re ed embargo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so? Because he wants to end a re ed embargo?
    Im talking about hanging out with Castro.

Thread Information