Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daboom you are on my ignore list and you know it. Stop quoting me.
    damn... I did not know you were in the ignore list business...

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup I've soured on him a bit too. Would rather have another rim protector and better roller and another stretch 4 next year. Duncan's absence has altered my thoughts on him to some degree. I mean he's a situational big. I understand that now. And unless a miracle happens I don't see him as anything more. He can't guard the pick and roll, or faster players, or stretch bigs. He would have to be dominant as heck on offense to offset that... But I thought he could be a better rim protector.
    Facts

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I don't understand the big deal with ignoring. I do too. Some ppl can't stand the vulgarity, racism, sexism, harassment etc and come here to enjoy real basketball talk. And if any one mentions it they get flamed. So no point to call it out. The trolling is lame but no need to get trolled. There's freedom of speech but that doesn't mean I have to listen to crap.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 pages? Of course he's a keeper.

Who else will fill the role of blowout keeper?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what ty takes ? enlight me
    give my secret lover Kylie time but this Boban freak, after 5 games I'm not sure he is a keeper

Being a starter or not will depend on his health and if he is capable to play 30-35 mpg and honestly nobody knows... If it cost trading salary dumping Kylie to keep him, you pull the trigger tho... in a heartbeat. In one year he produced more WS than Kylie in two years...

Then you questioned his value defensively which is fine and legit but at the same you don't seem to question much Kyle defense...

in b4 the "but Kylie is just 24 y/o and cost less while Boban is already 27 and will cost more"
    Kyle's 22 at least get your right b4 you start stinking it up.
    If you cared about it you'd realise this wasn't a hate thread on Boban. But that doesn't suit you. I don't get dragged into this pissing contests which it's all it is. Go ahead and tell more about Kmart being ahead of Kyle in the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I don't understand the big deal with ignoring. I do too. Some ppl can't stand the vulgarity, racism, sexism, harassment etc and come here to enjoy real basketball talk. And if any one mentions it they get flamed. So no point to call it out. The trolling is lame but no need to get trolled. There's freedom of speech but that doesn't mean I have to listen to crap.
    Time in life is limited. I like basketball but I have the freedom to ignore bull , which I do. The troll gets angry when he doesn't get attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP having regrets posting this thread tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dat come back I'm hetero so no really I don't slurp Tony
    this was funny bc you do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP having regrets posting this thread tbh
    It was a discussion starter. It created discussion about an interesting topic. The regret is probably feeding Brazil as he's trolling.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man...SAGirl having an on/off the lithium moment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait till Cub throw a bunch of money at him tbh... but yeah 3 years 14 M would be solid
    It´s a realistical approach most GM´s would not bet a lot on a player that has had trouble keeping pace with the speed of the game, and that has played very sparingy for his only season on the NBA.

If someone wants to throw a 6 million starting salary at him, good for him, but i dont see it happening unless he has an unreal playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It´s a realistical approach most GM´s would not bet a lot on a player that has had trouble keeping pace with the speed of the game, and that has played very sparingy for his only season on the NBA.

If someone wants to throw a 6 million starting salary at him, good for him, but i dont see it happening unless he has an unreal playoffs.
    The salary floor will be over $80 million, there will be a lot of teams who've missed out on their primary and secondary targets, with a lot of money to burn trying to get to the floor. Some of the contracts this summer will be ridiculous.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban will be outside the Spurs' price range if they want to conserve cap space for next summer or even make a splash this summer. He'll take the money if he can get it; he signed a 1-year deal for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question hasn't stopped being valid because of a couple of meaningless games. The Spurs are going to have to make tough roster decisions this summer -- especially if Tim and Manu retire. Too many moving pieces, and not enough proof to do anything but pencil Boban's name on the roster next year.

That said, I really don't think Boban will go to RFA if the Spurs want to keep him. He'd probably ink a new contract with the team really early into the moratorium, especially since Serbia has a qualifying tournament this summer that they'd probably want Boban to participate in. I don't think he'll want to have the lack of a contract hanging over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban will be outside the Spurs' price range if they want to conserve cap space for next summer or even make a splash this summer. He'll take the money if he can get it; he signed a 1-year deal for a reason.
    If 2017 is their goal, they have the money to keep Boban, as he will almost certainly not cost more than $6 Million that season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many variables.

First and most important being the money.

While I wouldn't say he's looking to get paid, even the MLE type of a deal would be a few bucks too many for the Spurs.
    We are still wondering what's his potential. He hasn't got much mileage vs 1st units. He's got some obvious rookie flaws.

PATFO knows his worth to this team. Honestly, I'd rather have him than West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle's 22 at least get your right b4 you start stinking it up.
    If you cared about it you'd realise this wasn't a hate thread on Boban. But that doesn't suit you. I don't get dragged into this pissing contests which it's all it is. Go ahead and tell more about Kmart being ahead of Kyle in the rotation.
    dat cute meltdown

I should feel ashamed tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dat cute meltdown

I should feel ashamed tbh...
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this was funny bc you do.

cutest poster ever tbh...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man...SAGirl having an on/off the lithium moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

cutest poster ever tbh...
    You guys have beef?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many variables.

First and most important being the money.

While I wouldn't say he's looking to get paid, even the MLE type of a deal would be a few bucks too many for the Spurs.
    We are still wondering what's his potential. He hasn't got much mileage vs 1st units. He's got some obvious rookie flaws.

PATFO knows his worth to this team. Honestly, I'd rather have him than West.
    I do prefer him to West too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys have beef?

Brazil baited me into a pissing contest. I am done. My lithium is back on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys have beef?

just enjoying dat girl getting mad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Centers, more than most positions, need a couple of years in the league to develop. Other positions, you usually have a fair idea about their approximate ceiling when they get here, but it's a lot harder to know if a big man will be able to adapt to the NBA game. Guys like Pachulia and Gortat left a lot to be desired their first couple of seasons. Ian Mahinmi improved quite a bit, when he got steady minutes. The problem is, some never adapt. Boban is a 27 year-old rookie. He won't have the luxury of being in the league 12 years, like Pachulia.

I was calling for the Spurs to make a run at Boban last summer, before most people had heard of him. But, honestly, I've been shocked at his almost total lack of offensive skills outside of the restricted circle. The Spurs' offense has always benefitted from having guys like Fabbs and Tiago, who did all the "little things" that don't show up in a stat sheet. Boban doesn't have any of that. Most of all, he can't set a pick to save his life. Watch him on almost any offensive set, and he's out milling around in the middle, doing nothing. It's clear that he WANTS to set a screen - he just doesn't know how. He goes to a random spot, locks his hands in front of his crotch like he's about to take contact... but there's nobody there, and he's not in position for the PG to get anywhere near him. To me, he's like those kids in high school who have great size and ability, but have never played before. They're so far behind the other players that they are only good for one thing, and that's being taller than the rest.

I think Boban loves it here, and won't want to go elsewhere. So I think the Spurs keep him at a reasonable price, and try to work with him. I guess that makes him a "keeper"? But I hope they bring in some retired big man to teach him the game, and work him the entire off-season, including summer ball. If they were smart, they would get Fabbs to come in and work with him. I would think Fabbs would like getting a fat paycheck, and the chance to be involved with the game again. And he would be about as good as anyone for teaching the things they need Boban to learn. (Don't say Robinson - I don't think he'd get involved at that level, and he was more of a finesse player. They need someone who was a down and dirty, journeyman big.)

I think Boban is worth investing in. But if they just sign him, and wait to see what he learns on his own, they're fools. Go big or go home. The Spurs need to turn him into the player they need, or at least go all the way trying.

Thread Information