Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump, Kim agree on denuclearization, but deal seen symbolic

maintained international sanctions on Pyongyang would stay in place for now.

Trump said joint military exercises with South Korea would be halted. He said the move would save Washington a tremendous amount of money and would not be revived “unless and until we see the future negotiation is not going along like it should”.

“It is unclear if further negotiations will lead to the end goal of denuclearization,” said Anthony Ruggiero, senior fellow of Washington’s Foundation for Defense of Democracies think tank. “This looks like a restatement of where we left negotiations more than 10 years ago and not a major step forward.”

The do ent made no mention of the sanctions and

nor was there any reference to finally signing a peace treaty.

RUSSIA, CHINA POSITIVE

But the joint statement did say the two sides had agreed to recover the remains of prisoners of war and those missing in action so that they could be repatriated.

China, the third party to the truce, said it hoped North Korea and the United States could reach a basic consensus on denuclearization.

“At the same time, there needs to be a peace mechanism for the peninsula

to resolve North Korea’s reasonable security concerns,”

China’s top diplomat, state councillor Wang Yi, told reporters in Beijing.

Russia’s deputy foreign minister said the Kremlin had a positive assessment of the summit but “the devil is in the details”,

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...litics+News%29

So Trash is now guarantor of NK security where up to now, the biggest threat to NK was Trash

NK's security? It was NK that was unilaterally threatening the security of SK and USA and Japan.

Trash immediately suspends war games. Currently militarily "powering up" China, Pootin's good buddy, will be relieved to see no American warships, planes in the China Sea. Trash is undoing Obama's "pivot" towards containing China, because Obama, Repugs' hated knitter, ridiculed Trash to his face

but what does Kim actually DO and IMMEDIATELY?

Anybody find any commitment by Kim to international on-site nuke weapons experts, inspectors?

Kim's so-called explosion of nuke facilities has been proven to be sham, the site had already been destroyed by nuke testing.

China's desired "peace commitment" is to get USA out of water and air in the East Asian region.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Was Outfoxed in Singapore

It sure looks as if President Trump was hoodwinked in Singapore.

Trump made a huge concession — the suspension of military exercises with South Korea.

That’s on top of the

broader concession of the summit meeting itself,

security guarantees he gave North Korea and

the legitimacy that the summit provides his counterpart, Kim Jong-un.

Within North Korea, the “very special bond” that Trump claimed to have formed with Kim will be portrayed this way:

Kim forced the American president,

through his nuclear and missile tests,

to accept North Korea as a nuclear equal,

to provide security guarantees to North Korea, and

to cancel war games with South Korea that the North has protested for decades.

In exchange for these concessions,

Trump seems to have won astonishingly little.

In a joint statement, Kim merely “reaffirmed” the same commitment to denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula

that North Korea has repeatedly made since 1992.

Trump seemed to believe he had achieved some remarkable agreement, but

the concessions were all his own.

The most remarkable aspect of the joint statement was what it didn’t contain. There was

nothing about North Korea freezing plutonium and uranium programs,

nothing about destroying intercontinental ballistic missiles,

nothing about allowing inspectors to return to nuclear sites,

nothing about North Korea making a full declaration of its nuclear program,

nothing about a timetable,

nothing about verification,

not even any clear pledge to permanently halt testing of nuclear weapons or long-range missiles.

Kim seems to have completely out-negotiated Trump, and it’s scary that Trump doesn’t seem to realize this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/opinion/trump-kim-summit-north-korea.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

The Fart of The Deal

Where is Trash's infamous policy of him winning everything in a deal, while actually screwing and hurting the other party?

Do we expect Hannity and Fox to have a difference of opinion with Nick Kristoff?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The art of the deal is making as many deals possible without even knowing if they are done deals.

Health Care ...... Biggest best plan ever to replace Obamacare FALSE
    Tax Reform ...... Reduce taxes, simplify taxes, budget takes care of itself with growth Job growth and....
    Who gets to stay or come in...... A mess from the beginning.
    Infrastructure..... Not even attempted
    Foreign Relations.... Total confusion just say MAGA

The dates and places the world gets to watch and verify the dismantling of all Nuclear Weapons and delivery systems.... Yeah. We made a deal. The minor details will fall into place. Do we feel better now. Yes. So the cancer is cured... Nope. But there is an aggressive plan in place by the docs to rid NK of their weapons, the drugs and protocol all in place and we start tomorrow? Believe.

Would Trump lie knowing NK still has nukes and refuses to let us check every possible place just to say we got a deal done? Absolutely

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Trump s got ing played

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

lol Pavlov

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

lol

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    ing played

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The art of the deal is making as many deals possible without even knowing if they are done deals.

Health Care ...... Biggest best plan ever to replace Obamacare FALSE
    Tax Reform ...... Reduce taxes, simplify taxes, budget takes care of itself with growth Job growth and....
    Who gets to stay or come in...... A mess from the beginning.
    Infrastructure..... Not even attempted
    Foreign Relations.... Total confusion just say MAGA

The dates and places the world gets to watch and verify the dismantling of all Nuclear Weapons and delivery systems.... Yeah. We made a deal. The minor details will fall into place. Do we feel better now. Yes. So the cancer is cured... Nope. But there is an aggressive plan in place by the docs to rid NK of their weapons, the drugs and protocol all in place and we start tomorrow? Believe.

Would Trump lie knowing NK still has nukes and refuses to let us check every possible place just to say we got a deal done? Absolutely
    So it’s a deal?

Yes

Handshake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what did we get from the summit. I heard something about us conceding US and S Korea military exercises, stupid if true.Can one of the ST keyboard Colonel's explain? And if you were against any president meeting with NK in the past but got ya pom poms out now, save ya keystrokes.

Also, anyone else think China and Russia are enjoying this right now? I feel like we're walking into a trap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the press follow up with progress on complete verifiable nuclear dismantling.... No, back to Mueller.

This thread STAYING AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM will show how forgotten this will be.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So what did we get from the summit. I heard something about us conceding US and S Korea military exercises, stupid if true.Can one of the ST keyboard Colonel's explain? And if you were against any president meeting with NK in the past but got ya pom poms out now, save ya keystrokes.

Also, anyone else think China and Russia are enjoying this right now? I feel like we're walking into a trap.
    Yes the US will stop joint exercises with S Korea which is stupid. Yes this is what both China and Russia want.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    ducks

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL what bull without UN inspections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

IMO there is no trap. If they don’t start getting rid of weapons as followed by a specific timetable given to the world its over. If they don’t agree to let the world check a place in the far reaches of nowhere its over.

The scary part is Trump willing to lie and let it go claiming it’s been done.

We give it a chance. A plan must be presented. Our generals and intelligence will not let this go hopefully.

So Day 1

What has happened? Do we have a list of sites to start with?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

lol

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    IMO there is no trap. If they don’t start getting rid of weapons as followed by a specific timetable given to the world its over. If they don’t agree to let the world check a place in the far reaches of nowhere its over.

The scary part is Trump willing to lie and let it go claiming it’s been done.

We give it a chance. A plan must be presented. Our generals and intelligence will not let this go hopefully.

So Day 1

What has happened? Do we have a list of sites to start with?
    They gave no commitments to timelines and they won't

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They gave no commitments to timelines and they won't
    So you are great at keeping a thread going.

Everyday tell us what has been done.
    Set a record.
    Keep this thread alive.

I started the first day. If it changes and we have a list and or a bomb dismantling today, update my post. Nothing today so far. Just a list of sites to begin with would be great.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aka, The Failing Trash Presidency

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So you are great at keeping a thread going.

Everyday tell us what has been done.
    Set a record.
    Keep this thread alive.

I started the first day. If it changes and we have a list and or a bomb dismantling today, update my post. Nothing today so far. Just a list of sites to begin with would be great.
    you on the rag again about post counts in a thread? You are keeping it going too numbnuts. It is a spectacular failure this summit and it won't be forgotten.

Thread Information