Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151
Results 3,751 to 3,773 of 3773
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took the Timberwolves 9 years with KAT (and adding multiple #1 pick players) before they won, but the Spurs are supposed magically get all-star after drafting top 10 twice in the last five years.
    Flawed premise. Towns was a run of the mill 1st overall pick, who despite flashing early MVP caliber potential, topped out as an All-NBA caliber one.

Wembanyama is the greatest prospect in 20 years, if not ever and appears wells on his way to living up to it, so this is not the typical re-build and shouldn't be treated as such.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flawed premise. Towns was a run of the mill 1st overall pick, who despite flashing early MVP caliber potential, topped out as an All-NBA caliber one.

Wembanyama is the greatest prospect in 20 years, if not ever and appears wells on his way to living up to it, so this is not the typical re-build and shouldn't be treated as such.
    Wasn't saying they should take 9 years to build a contender. That would be foolish and a waste of Wembanyama's younger years.

I was giving the Timberwolves as an example that sometimes things taking longer than anticipated. In other words, have some damn patience and if they are still looking porous after 2024 or 2025 then begin to panic.

Not after a rookie season where the team didn't/doesn't have other top end prospects around him - 2024 and 2025 should fix that even if '24 is considered a 'weak' draft - and better veterans to help guide the ship.

Plus, a season where he needed a good portion of it to adjust to the more rigorous schedule and better athletes of the NBA.

No disrespect to McDermott or Graham, but neither one is known as a 'winner' in the NBA or a great locker room stabilizer. Spurs need to find some veterans in that mold - as well as having a former NBA PG in the coaching staff (why hasn't that been done already?) - otherwise y'all are gonna be doing a lot of the same complaining next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 3rd place votes for Wemby is a joke. Having Sabonis on the team over him is a joke. And Wemby will be screwed again next year bc our record is going to suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 3rd place votes for Wemby is a joke. Having Sabonis on the team over him is a joke. And Wemby will be screwed again next year bc our record is going to suck.
    roty with greatest rookie year ever and all defensive team as a rookie, Victor ego is gonna be ok

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apologies if this was already posted and it might be old news...but i just found this super slo-mo version of wembys first season...

wow...just ing wow!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    roty with greatest rookie year ever and all defensive team as a rookie, Victor ego is gonna be ok
    It’s just a respect thing imo.like the ing Sacramento Kings and their ty franchise have more respect from the media than the Spurs. It’s like I’m living in some biazzaro world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just a respect thing imo.like the ing Sacramento Kings and their ty franchise have more respect from the media than the Spurs. It’s like I’m living in some biazzaro world
    Right? But to be fair, up until last year, they haven’t made the playoffs since 06, when Metta World Peace was still known as Ron Artest. Sooooooo.. let them have their time in the sun. We’ve had 2 generational big men, and now a 3rd as well as deep playoff runs and 5 les. Let them have their 3rd team All NBA lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sabonis averaged 19.4, 13.7 and 8.2 on 60% shooting from the field for a winning team. It is OK he got all-NBA over Wemby.

Next season, Victor will be there.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs media department is doing a good job promoting their superstar

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you scared, you scared!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bach and Wemby are a nice fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Wemby's first year highlights would make a fantastic career retrospective for most big men.
    Unreal. Gotta start building the OKC/DAL kryptonite team. Wolves may get worse this offseason.

It's like Kareem/KD/Iceman/Bill Russell had a 7'4" kid. He may be passing like the elder Sabonis by the tail end of his career. Insane stuff.

I'm hoping the draft and off season mark some significant moves toward a real team around him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Wemby's first year highlights would make a fantastic career retrospective for most big men.
    Unreal. Gotta start building the OKC/DAL kryptonite team. Wolves may get worse this offseason.

It's like Kareem/KD/Iceman/Bill Russell had a 7'4" kid. He may be passing like the elder Sabonis by the tail end of his career. Insane stuff.

I'm hoping the draft and off season mark some significant moves toward a real team around him.
    We'll have to wait one more season to see significants changes imo, not only this draft is weak but PATFO still in love with Sochan Vassell Tre etc 's development

Wemby will still make the season entertaining tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I looked at #1 draft picks and ROTY throughout history and found these interesting facts:

There's been 77 #1 draft picks in NBA history, starting in 1947. There's been 75 Rookies of the year starting in 1953 (a few years had two ROTY due to a tie).

For both categories, I checked HOF status until 2003, that's 56 #1 Draft picks & 54 ROTY.

Out of those 56 first picks, 19 went to the Hall of Fame. That's roughly 34%.

Out of those 54 ROTY, 33 went to the Hall of Fame. That's roughly 61%.

There's only one season between the draft and the ROTY award, but ROTY is a way better assessment of a player's eventual career it looks like.

In these 54 seasons with both a first pick of the draft and ROTY award, a player was awarded both in the same season only 14 times.

Out of those 14 times, 10 went to the Hall of Fame. That's roughly 71%.

Of course 2003 was LeBron's year who got both and is obviously a lock for the HOF.

Anyway statistics say Victor has just under 3 chances out of 4 of making the HOF already, if history is any indication

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People following him cos they've heard he can block prices too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me it appears his arms and shoulders are getting a little bigger.
    I may be wrong, just an amateur observation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information