Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His corpse was 150 ft away from the car door. This is not hard.
    The question, "From 150 feet?" was asked after it was pointed out Officer Wilson shot Brown because he posed an immediate threat. I was merely trying to ascertain if the questioner believed Officer Wilson shot Brown from 150 feet or, if he was unaware that Brown and Wilson had been in physical contact with one another at the vehicle and were within 10 feet of one another when the fatal bullet struck Brown in the top of his head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Officer Who Fatally Shot Tamir Rice Deemed Unfit for Duty in 2012

Timothy Loehmann criticised by small Ohio force for breaking down while handling live gun and his performance was called ‘dismal’, records show

police officer who shot a 12-year-old dead in a Cleveland park late last month had been judged unfit for police service two years earlier by a small suburban force where he worked for six months, according to records released on Wednesday.

Officer Timothy Loehmann, who killed Tamir Rice on 22 November, was specifically faulted for breaking down emotionally while handling a live gun. During a training episode at a firing range, Loehmann was reported to be “distracted and weepy” and incommunicative. “His handgun performance was dismal,” deputy chief Jim Polak of the Independence, Ohio, police department wrote in an internal memo.

The memo concludes with a recommendation that Loehmann be “released from the employment of the City of Independence”. Less than a week later, on 3 December 2012, Loehmann resigned.

In March of this year, Loehmann was hired by the Cleveland police department. It is unclear whether the department had seen the Independence memo at the time of Loehmann’s hiring.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...n-judged-unfit

Apparently, a lot bad cops fired from the police end up on the sheriff's / constable's staffs.

sheriff's: Oath Keepers! the primary, supreme defenders, interpreters of the US Cons ution

Yeah, I predict a of a lawsuit in Cleveland's future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lawrence O’Donnell: Missouri atty. general admits Ferguson grand jury was misled

Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster (D) admitted that the grand jury in the Darren Wilson case was given misleading information regarding the use of deadly force by police, MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell reported on Wednesday.

“Among the problems that Ferguson has brought to light is the need to update Missouri’s use of deadly force statute,” Koster said in a statement read by O’Donnell. “This statute is inconsistent with the Supreme Court’s holding in Tennessee v. Garner.Consequently, it is important this statutue be amended by the Missouri legislature to incorporate the Garner decision to avoid confusion in the criminal justice system.”

O’Donnell reported last week that St. Louis County assistant district attorney Kathy Alizadeh mistakenly gave jurors a copy of a 1979 statute allowing officers to use enough force they feel is necessary “to effect the arrest or prevent the escape from custody.”

The statute had been used to justify officers shooting and killing suspects even if their lives were not in immediate danger. But, O’Donnell said at the time, Alizadeh glossed over a 1985 Supreme Court ruling rendering such statutes uncons utional, telling the grand jury, “As far as you need to know, just don’t worry about that.” Alizadeh only informed the jury of the discrepancy less than a week before it decided not to acquit Wilson for shooting and killing 18-year-old Michael Brown this past August.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/l...e+Raw+Story%29

the exonerotor's game was a sham, a GJ farce of a Kangaroo court to convict Brown while defending Wilson. hardball questions to witnesses not supporting Wilson, and softball or no questions to witnesses supporting Wilson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its one thing to say Missouri law is outdated, but its an entirely different accusation if you say the jury was misled. it also says they were informed of it a week before their decisions, giving them plenty of time to adjust accordingly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its one thing to say Missouri law is outdated, but its an entirely different accusation if you say the jury was misled. it also says they were informed of it a week before their decisions, giving them plenty of time to adjust accordingly
    the exonerator DID NOT SPECIFY which of his instructions were WRONG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a law student. Do they teach you how to get an indictment from a grand jury? Is what went on in those procedures different than what you were taught?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a law student. Do they teach you how to get an indictment from a grand jury? Is what went on in those procedures different than what you were taught?
    haven't taken crim pro yet. instruction for my first sememster finishes tomorrow, i've taken torts, contracts, civ pro in addition to legal research/writing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no incident report. This goes right to the heart of the Supreme Court arguments from the 5th amendment. They didn't like that such refusal could be interpreted as probable cause which it is without special protections. You won't preform your duty because you might incriminate yourself? Oh and when you do make a statement, I won't cross examine it because I have prepared what we are going to say ahead of time?

They should have a separate prosecutor investigate all police cases and remove their special privileges. We live in a police state and it is a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the exonerator DID NOT SPECIFY which of his instructions were WRONG
    they got the new, correct law a week before proceedings. that is all that matters. they were told only to only apply this new, correct law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Testimony on the whole.

Easy concept.

I did ask about the distance because I was unclear about the entire chain of events. I still have questions but nothing anyone here could answer.

If it's really that important to you we can discuss further.

The testimony as a whole agreed with officer wilson. You didn't read the testimony, nor the evidence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black Lives Don't Matter

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The testimony as a whole agreed with officer wilson. You didn't read the testimony, nor the evidence.
    Read enough to agree with the testimony and evidence as far as the legality of the shooting.

Sorry to disappoint you.

You've got such an axe to grind. Sound pretty bitter. What's wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lawrence O’Donnell: Missouri atty. general admits Ferguson grand jury was misled

Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster (D) admitted that the grand jury in the Darren Wilson case was given misleading information regarding the use of deadly force by police, MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell reported on Wednesday.

“Among the problems that Ferguson has brought to light is the need to update Missouri’s use of deadly force statute,” Koster said in a statement read by O’Donnell. “This statute is inconsistent with the Supreme Court’s holding in Tennessee v. Garner.Consequently, it is important this statutue be amended by the Missouri legislature to incorporate the Garner decision to avoid confusion in the criminal justice system.”

O’Donnell reported last week that St. Louis County assistant district attorney Kathy Alizadeh mistakenly gave jurors a copy of a 1979 statute allowing officers to use enough force they feel is necessary “to effect the arrest or prevent the escape from custody.”

The statute had been used to justify officers shooting and killing suspects even if their lives were not in immediate danger. But, O’Donnell said at the time, Alizadeh glossed over a 1985 Supreme Court ruling rendering such statutes uncons utional, telling the grand jury, “As far as you need to know, just don’t worry about that.” Alizadeh only informed the jury of the discrepancy less than a week before it decided not to acquit Wilson for shooting and killing 18-year-old Michael Brown this past August.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/l...e+Raw+Story%29

the exonerotor's game was a sham, a GJ farce of a Kangaroo court to convict Brown while defending Wilson. hardball questions to witnesses not supporting Wilson, and softball or no questions to witnesses supporting Wilson.

O'Donnell has already been shown to be an idiot for making this assertion. (Not that he hasn't confirmed his idiocy in many other instances before this.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black Lives Don't Matter
    Any more than white lives matter, when that life chooses to assault a police officer, try to disarm him and murder him, and then take a second stab at assault by running at him full speed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read enough to agree with the testimony and evidence as far as the legality of the shooting.

Sorry to disappoint you.

You're just very coy in your responses. Why not declare this up front? You're not going to disappoint anyone. I suspect you just enjoy baiting people into soliciting your opinion; that it makes you feel important somehow. But, realistically, only you know why you do what you do in the forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Lawrence O'Donnell fans:

No, Prosecution did not Mislead #Ferguson Grand Jury into Erroneous Decision

Lawrence O’Donnell ignores that Darren Wilson’s strong claim of lawful self-defense was more than sufficient to prevent indictment
    Tennessee v. Garner limits the use of deadly force in arresting nondangerous suspects, NOT demonstrably dangerous suspects such as Michael Brown.

Tennessee v. Garner limits the use of deadly force in arresting nondangerous suspects, NOT demonstrably dangerous suspects such as Michael Brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry to disappoint you.

lol such a narcissist.

better to switch sides before admitting you were wrong.

Thought nobody would notice?

You may not be a forever alone david kimbrell, but you sure give him a run for the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're just very coy in your responses. Why not declare this up front? You're not going to disappoint anyone. I suspect you just enjoy baiting people into soliciting your opinion; that it makes you feel important somehow. But, realistically, only you know why you do what you do in the forum.
    Nothing I do here makes me feel important, but it is really interesting seeing your initial reactions right off the bat, as well as your continued complaining after the fact.

lol such a narcissist.

better to switch sides before admitting you were wrong.

Thought nobody would notice?

You may not be a forever alone david kimbrell, but you sure give him a run for the money.
    So you didn't say why you are so bitter. Are you embarrassed by something that you have to lash out all the time with personal attacks you think will have an effect?

Legally I never thought there was much of an issue after the initial confrontation. I did and do have questions about the stuff that came after, but professed police fear and the Radio Raheem syndrome pretty much close the book on any criminal prosecution everywhere.

Sorry there isn't much more to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing I do here makes me feel important, but it is really interesting seeing your initial reactions right off the bat, as well as your continued complaining after the fact.

So you didn't say why you are so bitter. Are you embarrassed by something that you have to lash out all the time with personal attacks you think will have an effect?

Legally I never thought there was much of an issue after the initial confrontation. I did and do have questions about the stuff that came after, but professed police fear and the Radio Raheem syndrome pretty much close the book on any criminal prosecution everywhere.

Sorry there isn't much more to it.
    whatever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So bitter.

I just asked why.

Might help you work through whatever is bothering you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be interested to know which reactions you found interesting and please point to my complaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be interested to know which reactions you found interesting
    your digging in.
    and please point to my complaining.

Thataway!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so? I'm just trying to engage you in a discussion. That you're tedious and tend to play coy and evasive isn't a reflection on my position. However, I do concede it reflects on my sanity for continuing to try and get you to talk about an issue as opposed to talking about our personalities.
    Interesting definition of complaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so? I'm just trying to engage you in a discussion. That you're tedious and tend to play coy and evasive isn't a reflection on my position. However, I do concede it reflects on my sanity for continuing to try and get you to talk about an issue as opposed to talking about our personalities.
    Well, keep talking about my personality. That'll fix everything.

Interesting definition of complaining.
    You asked me to point it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, keep talking about my personality. That'll fix everything.
    No, let's get back on topic if you're up for it.

You asked me to point it out.
    Well, it wasn't helpful in my being able to determine what you consider a complaint unless you're suggesting everything I post is one. In that case, I would ask you to define complain although, I'm more interested in knowing why you believe the racial component to Mr. Garner's arrest is any more relevant than the color of his shoes.

Thread Information