Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... and trying to end the culture of secrecy left over from the previous s bags running the executive branch.
    Do tell how this has been implemented, rather than simply championed....this administration is not off to the most "open" of starts; lobbyists on board when they were specifically forbidden, etc.....

I guess when words are more important that actions (which seems to be pretty much status quo with you lefties)....well, yeah, NONE of these bazillion social programs ever actually do much to FIX what they are aimed at, but we meant wel......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So according to you, if the last s bags that you root against did it, it's ok if the s bags your root for did it?

That makes sense.
    Bingo.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because power is more important that the country?
    It certainly has been the case for Republicans.

Oh, that's right. It is to you, being a flag-waver for the Democrats and all.
    Nah, I just want some competence. I would have taken it from Republicans, but they ed up in almost every way imaginable the past 10 years.

I hope the economy improves. I hope the country does better; that people are put to work, and that Obama has a great, successful presidency. I, however, believe that the stimulus package being passed now (what I know of it) is not going to allow any of that - and will prolong the increasingly desperate situation we find ourselves in - much as FDR's policies did 75 years ago.
    What specifically will prolong our current situation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What specifically will prolong our current situation?
    Massive, uncontrolled, deficit spending.

More centralized control of the economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massive, uncontrolled, deficit spending.
    We already had that. You just didn't notice.

More centralized control of the economy.
    Deregulation worked so well the past couple of years, didn't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I noticed, I didn't like it; still don't - this bill, however, is unprecedented - new levels not seen before.

You got anything GOOD to say about THIS bill, or just shots at Republicans?

Your act is still tired, Chump. Same old crap for years and years, one liner digs at Republicans. Cherry picking, yadda, yadda yadda.

Your boy won!!! Gonna fix everything, right? Be happy, back him up; tell us how what HE's doing is SO much better than what GW did - 'cause from what I can tell, it's just more of the same.

Govt. grew like CRAZY under Republcan rule, and it brought us to this point; now it's gonna grow even more, but you think it's different because there is a different mascot on the flag! What's NOT changing is the vast expansion of govt that Bush and co - with unchecked control of all branches of govt. gave us.

Massive dollars pouring into Washington, and out of Washington has never been tried? Is new and different? Really? Haven't we tried this before? Can you post ANY columns that say this "stimulus" package is going to do what your boy says it's going to do? I have looked for them, and even the left leaning economists say this is far more pet project laden, than stimulus laden. Tax credits ONLY if you buy a plug-in hybrid? GMAFB.

Tell me what YOU like about this, Chump (cue the "I like it because you don't") response. Tell us why YOU think it will work. Go out on a limb. Have an actual opinion for once.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    republicans have made this too easy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So no one. You don't really care that much outside of being able to about something political.
    Frankly sir, it's above my pay grade.

How come these lines from your politicians work on you, but I can't use them?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's being handled the way things are always handled in Washington.
    ummmmm, this was pretty much what The Messiah was campaigning against.

Obama is a fraud. Say it Mr ChumpDumpster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ah yea, the proverbial "deregulation" talking point.

Of course the only piece of deregulation that led to this mess happened before Bush came to office:

Clinton ushered out the Glass-Steagall Act and signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. He also loosened housing rules, putting added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. None of it was an endorsement of permissive lending and risk-taking. But if you believe deregulation is to blame for our troubles, then Clinton earned a share too.
    http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...877322,00.html

But keep up with the childish "ITS ALL YOUR FAULT" garbage, chumpdumper. Just further demonstrates you get your facts from Ganene Garafalo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.

I don't expect every effing campaign promise to be carried through, and anybody who does needs a reality check.

I also don't expect everything to change for the better 100% overnight.

It's been less than a month, and republibots are already jumping up and down screeching about "lookie, lookie they aren't living up to every one of the promises in the election".

I am pretty pumped about the general movement that has been made on a host of things, such as committing to close Gitmo, and trying to end the culture of secrecy left over from the previous s bags running the executive branch.

No one should expect to be 100% happy with everything that goes on, but as long as some fair measure of progress is being made, I think we can afford a bit of patience.
    Ending the culture of secrecy!!?!?!?!?!

ahahahhahaaha. Random, you seem like a smart dude but you are so blinded.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you guys had complete controll of the govt. in every aspect. did i forget to say thanks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    republicans have made this too easy.
    This we agree on.

Reblicans created the environment in which the Democrats could, in one grab, make a play for power and cetralization in a heated rush like this....

Oh well, gonna find me a fiddle.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It worked for many of the current dems who dipped their government hand in the "deregulated market" LOLOLOLOL

C'mon Chump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ending the culture of secrecy!!?!?!?!?!

ahahahhahaaha. Random, you seem like a smart dude but you are so blinded.
    No joke. Someone ask "Mr Transparency" why theyre moving the census from the commerce department to the white house for the first time in 200 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed, I didn't like it; still don't - this bill, however, is unprecedented - new levels not seen before.

You got anything GOOD to say about THIS bill, or just shots at Republicans?
    Lots of good spending in the bill.

Your act is still tired, Chump. Same old crap for years and years, one liner digs at Republicans. Cherry picking, yadda, yadda yadda.
    Same as you. Why do you get upset when the tactics you use are used on you?

Your boy won!!! Gonna fix everything, right? Be happy, back him up; tell us how what HE's doing is SO much better than what GW did - 'cause from what I can tell, it's just more of the same.
    Well, that's because you're kind of dumb. As far as I can tell, Obama has been president less than a month. You've already written his political obituary as well as America's financial obituary. Good for you.

[pquote]Govt. grew like CRAZY under Republcan rule, and it brought us to this point; now it's gonna grow even more, but you think it's different because there is a different mascot on the flag! What's NOT changing is the vast expansion of govt that Bush and co - with unchecked control of all branches of govt. gave us.[/quote]It's different because everyone expects it to grow right now, and it just so happens that that's what is needed right now. It's not my fault that the Republicans spent the wrong amount on the wrong things at the wrong time.

Massive dollars pouring into Washington, and out of Washington has never been tried? Is new and different? Really? Haven't we tried this before? Can you post ANY columns that say this "stimulus" package is going to do what your boy says it's going to do?
    He's not my boy, and yes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20...g/ayup3lf2lxye

You're welcome.

Tell me what YOU like about this, Chump (cue the "I like it because you don't") response. Tell us why YOU think it will work. Go out on a limb. Have an actual opinion for once.
    "for once."

I like the immediate unemployment and food stamp funding. That's immediate and efficient stimulus.

I like the infrastructure funding in general.

I don't like the one-time tax rebate. Taxes should be generally lowered for a two or three years.

I like the grants to states, but of course much of those results depends on the state. Texas, for example, shouldn't be using the money for frisbee golf course in Austin when something like the light rail system is currently over budget.

Shall I go on or were you hoping I wouldn't answer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yea, the proverbial "deregulation" talking point.

Of course the only piece of deregulation that led to this mess happened before Bush came to office:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...877322,00.html

Deregulation need not be passed by congress. It's nice that you show your ignorance every time you post. It makes things so easy.

But keep up with the childish "ITS ALL YOUR FAULT" garbage, chumpdumper. Just further demonstrates you get your facts from Ganene Garafalo.
    Who?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of ending the culture of secrecy, why can't Obama just appoint every government liberal in the country into his cabinet. The found tax faults alone could fund the stimulus bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a report by a reporter, not a column. Looking for an opinion from someone, not a report by someone repeating WH or Congressional talking points, but fine.

I like the immediate unemployment and food stamp funding. That's immediate and efficient stimulus.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about, something we can debate.

I agree, that is immediate funding - our govt. borrowing money to infuse it into the economy to get the economy rolling. Good. What sectors of the economy are those "stimulus" items aimed at exactly? What type of economic activity do they encourage. Taking the axiom, or truism, that "you get what you pay for" at face value, they encourage poverty and unemployment! Bullly for us. THAT'S EXACTLY what we need more of!!!

I like the infrastructure funding in general.
    Even though I don't live in Minnesota, I agree with this.

I don't like the one-time tax rebate. Taxes should be generally lowered for a two or three years.
    We are in lock step here.

I like the grants to states, but of course much of those results depends on the state. Texas, for example, shouldn't be using the money for frisbee golf course in Austin when something like the light rail system is currently over budget.
    You're starting to side they a veritable right wing ideologue, think I'm gonna pee myself.

Shall I go on or were you hoping I wouldn't answer?
    Thrilled you answered, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a report by a reporter, not a column. Looking for an opinion from someone, not a report by someone repeating WH or Congressional talking points, but fine.
    Actually the reporter talked to economists, but thanks for at least pretending to read it.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about, something we can debate.

I agree, that is immediate funding - our govt. borrowing money to infuse it into the economy to get the economy rolling. Good. What sectors of the economy are those "stimulus" items aimed at exactly? What type of economic activity do they encourage. Taking the axiom, or truism, that "you get what you pay for" at face value, they encourage poverty and unemployment! Bullly for us. THAT'S EXACTLY what we need more of!!!
    Folks on unemployment are going to be spending money on things they paid for with part of their salary when they were employed. You know, things like food and housing. They would be encouraged to work if they actually had a job.

Even though I don't live in Minnesota, I agree with this.
    There are bridges where you live too.

We are in lock step here.
    Huzzah.

You're starting to side they a veritable right wing ideologue, think I'm gonna pee myself.
    Nah, ideologues would say something like, "this bill is horrible" and nothing else.

Thrilled you answered, thanks.
    Sure thing, pee pants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Pelosi looks BAD in that pic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually the reporter talked to economists, but thanks for at least pretending to read it.
    'welcome

Folks on unemployment are going to be spending money on things they paid for with part of their salary when they were employed. You know, things like food and housing. They would be encouraged to work if they actually had a job.
    Ideological difference of opinion, but your side won, gotta live with it. Stimulus should stimulate what we need; manufacturing, construction, , I'm even for the "green" energy stuff; that stuff gets rolling, jobs are created. BORROWING money to pay for people to NOT work encourages people to NOT work - to me not a sound investment.

There are bridges where you live too.
    ""

Huzzah.

Nah, partisans would say something like, "this bill is horrible" and nothing else.
    fixed

Sure thing, pee pants.
    ahhhhhhhhh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideological difference of opinion, but your side won, gotta live with it. Stimulus should stimulate what we need; manufacturing, construction, , I'm even for the "green" energy stuff; that stuff gets rolling, jobs are created. BORROWING money to pay for people to NOT work encourages people to NOT work - to me not a sound investment.
    The jobs generated by any bill do not begin instantly. What do these people do while there is NO work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The jobs generated by any bill do not begin instantly. What do these people do while there is NO work?
    Don't have all the answers...but life on unemployment goes on too long, and is, frankly too comfortable (don't slam me for that - it's an opinion, and I understand fully how much one collects on unemployment - my wife was laid off once.) There is too much of an incentive to NOT find a job - because many times the jobs available don't pay as much as your old job, and barely pay more than unemployment. A person NOT working should not make nearly, and certainly not MORE THAN someone still punching a time clock.

Rather than unemployment, give tax credits to companies (or even individuals) for hiring - that encourages what we ACTUALLY want to happen.

Thread Information