My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We let Stack Jack go for the T Mac curse

Will never forget him punking those OKC coaches who always stand up and scream next to whoever is shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, will always love Capt. Jack for the clutch shots in 03.

Fuk yo team, clown....

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Atlanta? SC much better in Texas...tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a spot up 3-point shooter on a team Duncan carried on his back. He had a pretty good year, the on bolted for less money. Lol Spurs legend. He was Jarren Jackson 2.0.
    He was alot better than Jaren Jackson, he actually had a pretty good career and some good seasons. Horrible comparison. He had a few years over 20 ppg and a few over 18, he was a good player http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jacksst02.html

2012 playoffs he was lights out shooting 50% 60% 3pt and over 90% from the line, the only player to do so. He was great in SA those 2 playoff runs.
    Last edited by Sean Cagney; 07-23-2015 at 02:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack will always be a Spurs legend to me. I remember how badly we all wanted him here in 2001 and then how disheartening it was to see him glued to the bench that entire season. And then seeing him completely dominate the summer league in 2002 and become the full time starter. I still have a videotape of the game where Jack dropped 8 threes on the Lakers early in the 02-03 season. I gotta buy a capture card and rip those old tapes to h.264.
    I remember that game well and quotes, Horry said he had no clue he wss going to shoot it because his release was so odd, remember that one well. I knew we could beat LA then, it was our year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have loved for him getting a le at his the second stint with the team. Do we know what really happened in order for him leaving again (guess he was just cut because of some talk/inscedent, wasn't it?)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack will always be a Spurs legend to me. I remember how badly we all wanted him here in 2001 and then how disheartening it was to see him glued to the bench that entire season. And then seeing him completely dominate the summer league in 2002 and become the full time starter. I still have a videotape of the game where Jack dropped 8 threes on the Lakers early in the 02-03 season. I gotta buy a capture card and rip those old tapes to h.264.
    Same game where I owned the whataburger whata shot and owned me that TV damnt

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have loved for him getting a le at his the second stint with the team. Do we know what really happened in order for him leaving again (guess he was just cut because of some talk/inscedent, wasn't it?)?
    I thought he was complaining about a lack of playing time; and Pop cut him. We could've used him as an extra defender against Bron in the 13 Finals too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he was complaining about a lack of playing time; and Pop cut him. We could've used him as an extra defender against Bron in the 13 Finals too.
    The SECOND he was cut, Danny pulled out of his long funk, and ultimately buried 29 Finals 3 pointers. Jack was SO done at that point, I'm not sure he would have helped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SECOND he was cut, Danny pulled out of his long funk, and ultimately buried 29 Finals 3 pointers. Jack was SO done at that point, I'm not sure he would have helped.
    Let me help you be sure. He would NOT have helped. He was done.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensively, he was down that year. But that 12 WCF showed me he still had something in the tank on the defensive side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I remember that time Jaren Jackson all over the league MVP and knocked a 67 win team out of the playoffs.
    Yeah, and he did that with GS.

He hit big shots for us, played good D, and gave us an edge. But he did it for one season and left us in the dust. Nothing legendary IMO but to each his own I guess. When I think of Spurs' legends he's not a thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was alot better than Jaren Jackson, he actually had a pretty good career and some good seasons. Horrible comparison. He had a few years over 20 ppg and a few over 18, he was a good player http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jacksst02.html

2012 playoffs he was lights out shooting 50% 60% 3pt and over 90% from the line, the only player to do so. He was great in SA those 2 playoff runs.
    I'm not talking about his career with other teams.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and he did that with GS.

He hit big shots for us, played good D, and gave us an edge. But he did it for one season and left us in the dust. Nothing legendary IMO but to each his own I guess. When I think of Spurs' legends he's not a thought.
    He didn't just hit a few big shots. He was huge in the Phoenix series. I know people like to play revisionist history here and act like the Suns were always the Spurs' , but that was a nightmare matchup in 03 and Jackson stepped up bigtime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not denying he came up big for us (he hit big more than a few big shots, never said a few), that would be re ed, but I dont see him as a Spurs legend. I see him as basically one of many guys who throughout the years stepped up big time and helped us win a 'chips. Different strokes for different folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not denying he came up big for us (he hit big more than a few big shots, never said a few), that would be re ed, but I dont see him as a Spurs legend. I see him as basically one of many guys who throughout the years stepped up big time and helped us win a 'chips. Different strokes for different folks.
    No doubt, agreed.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I remember that time Jaren Jackson all over the league MVP and knocked a 67 win team out of the playoffs.
    The Lakers 67 win season and MVP Shaq in 2000? Jaren Jackson was still on that team, TBH...

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't just hit a few big shots. He was huge in the Phoenix series. I know people like to play revisionist history here and act like the Suns were always the Spurs' , but that was a nightmare matchup in 03 and Jackson stepped up bigtime.
    Yep, Spurs were the Suns' in 2003 until game 3 of the first round playoff series. Suns stole game 1 in SA and nearly took game 2 here as well. It wasn't until game 3 when we finally proved we could beat them. Even that was in question after losing game 4 after being up 17 in the 4th of that game. Game 5 went pretty well, we came somewhat close to blowing a 25+ point lead in that one too, but in game 6 Stephen Jackson and the rest of the shooters made some huge threes in the 4th to keep the Suns at bay and ultimately afford us one more chance to beat the mighty Lakers in the TD/David era with HCA. Which we did.

It seemed like Phoenix voluntarily lifted their curse over us when they traded Marbury and changed their home court from that 50 shades of purple design to the straight wood and orange.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played huge role in getting the spurs over the mental edge the Lakers had against them. I remember that regular season game in which he drilled 8 3's against them was huge for the Spurs psyche. He also brought a toughness in the sense that he was able to wipe the goofy smirks off of Fox,Fisher,Kobe's face. I really do believe part of the reason Fisher and Kobe were crying so hard in that game 6 loss was because Jax's relentless trash talking got to them during the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was one of the few who didn't wet their pants against OKC in the playoffs, but his last year here...wow. He was pretty in awful. At least he has his "rap game" to stave off bankruptcy for a few years.

And at Josh Howard being at his retirement party. Definitely there for the weed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed... he was truly great in certain moments, but also such a cautionary tale in many ways. He left San Antonio to make more money, helped to ruin a great Indiana team's shot at a le, helped beat a 67 win Dallas team only to get whipped by Utah, got thrown off the Spurs after a 2nd chance... If he was a little more mature and a little less volatile, he might have 4 or 5 rings now, with the same or more money in the bank...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers 67 win season and MVP Shaq in 2000? Jaren Jackson was still on that team, TBH...
    He was probably talking about Stephen Jackson reigning threes on the 67 win Mavs to knock them out in round one...

Not sure if you were serious because you never can tell in here at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved SJAX. I wanted him to stay in 03/04 but it was impossible with Manu bumped up to starter. Jax was not going to come off the bench and wanted $$$$. But then Manu ended up coming off the bench most of his career here anyway. But even then if Manu came off the bench in '04 you would have had the problem of who plays in crunch time. Instead we got Hedo......

Spurs did need his chutzpah, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

for us, not for anyone else. Mike Finley isn't a Spurs legend because he was great with the Mavs lol. I don't think he was too special for us IMO. Not a legend. Special player for us that run...legend... no

Thread Information