Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You have never called in for Pizza when a bunch of folks want to stay for a game or movie?

BS...
    I go to their place. I don't host. Rather keep my apartment spotless, especially since theirs is already pretty messy from all the food, booze, parties, people, sex, etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Can't get over how a milennial uses ing photobucket

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The length companies will go to in order to appear woke seems to have no limit.

Just stop using the gots.

Speaking of Uber, my Uber driver fell asleep 4 times in Portland on a 30 mile trip. I hit him on the shoulder and told him to drop me off at the next intersection, he said something in his South African accent about going to school at night, but this dude was all over the ing road and into the other lanes. I got a full refund. He got a suspension, probably 2 days and he'll be back and kill someone.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Can't get over how a milennial uses ing photobucket
    I've had that account since I was 11... 14 years

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Mankind's greatest innovations:

1. Air Conditioning
    2. Antibiotics
    3. Uber Eats

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Y
    And by the way, women love men than can cook and properly handle and season food better than those who got nothing but takeout/delivery sandwiches, pizza and fried chicken their whole adult life.
    Women also love men who aren't poor and can spring for the occasional non-essential item like food delivery

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Women also love men who aren't poor and can spring for the occasional non-essential item like food delivery
    So do you have any recourse with Uber Eats or were you stuck with your soggy late pos sandwich?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lazy millennials and their obsessive love for take-out and delivery

just cook your own goddamn food or go to the restaurant and eat the food there like a decent human being next time.
    Wait...you think this is a question of being too lazy? cook your own meal

Are you 80? Pinching and questioning every penny you spend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    So do you have any recourse with Uber Eats or were you stuck with your soggy late pos sandwich?
    Yeah they gave me a refund and then I jewed a $20 credit on top of that.

I asked if there was any way to just ensure you're getting an actual car driver, not a bike rider and that I'd even pay extra to make sure it was a car driver. They said no

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Wait...you think this is a question of being too lazy? cook your own meal

Are you 80? Pinching and questioning every penny you spend.
    MM just immediately assumes that ordering UberEats means you're incapable of cooking since that's the only reason you would spent the extra 5-10 bucks to have food delivered.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    MM just immediately assumes that ordering UberEats means you're incapable of cooking since that's the only reason you would spent the extra 5-10 bucks to have food delivered.
    No, not incapable. But it seems like an incredible waste of money. If you're doing something with/to impress a chick then fine, but if it's just for yourself, why waste the extra dough?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah they gave me a refund and then I jewed a $20 credit on top of that.

I asked if there was any way to just ensure you're getting an actual car driver, not a bike rider and that I'd even pay extra to make sure it was a car driver. They said no
    good one. I did that with Amazon last year after I never got my package of milk kefir grains. But they only gave me $8.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    No, not incapable. But it seems like an incredible waste of money. If you're doing something with/to impress a chick then fine, but if it's just for yourself, why waste the extra dough?
    You keep saying “waste the dough”...it’s the same reason you spend money on any other non essential product. I was busy working on something yesterday evening and didn’t feel like interrupting it by making or going out for dinner, so it was worth it to drop 5 extra bucks for a delivery.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I didn't even know this was a thing. Crazy.

About a year ago I worked with a pizza chain to test the various delivery options to make sure the food quality was up to par before they partnered with them. DoorDash and GrubHub have specific guidelines about keeping the product hot/fresh that UE doesn't require of their drivers (or bikers, I guess). But UberEats is everywhere, and I guess their fees are lower. Still, I always recommend you opt for a different delivery option if it's available.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I didn't even know this was a thing. Crazy.

About a year ago I worked with a pizza chain to test the various delivery options to make sure the food quality was up to par before they partnered with them. DoorDash and GrubHub have specific guidelines about keeping the product hot/fresh that UE doesn't require of their drivers (or bikers, I guess). But UberEats is everywhere, and I guess their fees are lower. Still, I always recommend you opt for a different delivery option if it's available.
    Yeah I don’t mind the extra fees those places just don’t have anywhere near the network of restaurants.

The ing worst delivery service is Caviar. I tried it only because they were offering the entire meal free. The first time I tried the order was canceled 45 minutes later, the 2nd time I tried I waited for 45 minutes and then had to request an update because it doesn’t track your order the way UE or DoorDash does. I then get some completely useless update that says “Good things are happening my man. Joe is grilling up your food, just give us some time” almost as if it’s a prank. Normally I wouldn’t care but I called customer service and asked if that was actually intended to be a useful update and the cheese customer service guy said those updates are part of their unique brand. I said that’s easily the tiest business model I’ve ever seen and not to bother completing the order

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I then get some completely useless update that says “Good things are happening my man. Joe is grilling up your food, just give us some time” almost as if it’s a prank. Normally I wouldn’t care but I called customer service and asked if that was actually intended to be a useful update and the cheese customer service guy said those updates are part of their unique brand. I said that’s easily the tiest business model I’ve ever seen and not to bother completing the order
    "Part of our unique brand"

Gotta love generic marketing bull . My guess, the real story is they found by sending triggered "updates" at specific times, they reduce customer complaints.

"Oh hon, looks like they're working on it, guess we just have to wait a little longer."
    "It's been an hour."
    "Well, Joe's grilling it up, they said!"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Was it a sweet bike at least?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You keep saying “waste the dough”...it’s the same reason you spend money on any other non essential product. I was busy working on something yesterday evening and didn’t feel like interrupting it by making or going out for dinner, so it was worth it to drop 5 extra bucks for a delivery.
    Usually if that happens I just eat a snack, say a few dried cranberries for dinner and push forward if I'm busy. Food can always wait, even until the next day if necessary.

Now thinking back, I believe I paid for delivery once my whole life. Papa John's pizza+wings delivery to my little apartment by the university in Denton, Thanksgiving week, November, 2015. I would have gone out but it was pouring buckets the entire week and I didn't have a car since I was still in college. And I only got that because they were having a 50% off promo. Otherwise I would have just settled for a can of ravioli and a can of green beans for dinner.

But hey, I'm not running your life. To each their own, I guess.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    "Part of our unique brand"

Gotta love generic marketing bull . My guess, the real story is they found by sending triggered "updates" at specific times, they reduce customer complaints.

"Oh hon, looks like they're working on it, guess we just have to wait a little longer."
    "It's been an hour."
    "Well, Joe's grilling it up, they said!"
    That wasn't it though, it was radio silence for 45 minutes (after the original ETA was 25), then after I request an update, I get "Joe face is grillin it up real good!"

I think in this case DMC is right that it's just a stupid effort to be "woke".

In the case of UE bicycles the problem is the delivery fees are too low so there aren't enough people with an actual car and insurance who want to do it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That wasn't it though, it was radio silence for 45 minutes (after the original ETA was 25), then after I request an update, I get "Joe face is grillin it up real good!"
    Oh, .

Yeah that's bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I had a 10pm order, some guy canceled the trip because he was on his bike and it was raining too!! Wtf

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I had a 10pm order, some guy canceled the trip because he was on his bike and it was raining too!! Wtf
    Yeah... another problem. What if it's November in Seattle and you want a hot Starbucks delivered and instead of a car it's some hippie on a bike? Good luck.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

I think in this case DMC is right that it's just a stupid effort to be "woke".

In the case of UE bicycles the problem is the delivery fees are too low so there aren't enough people with an actual car and insurance who want to do it
    Yep. I think so too. Also the restaurants lose money on UE because their profit margins average below the 30% UE charges them. They need to drastically reduce, or completely eliminate the fees to the restaurant and charge the customers a flat booking fee (80% paid to the driver) + $5/mile (50% driver/Uber), but forget any % of the order... why should that be relevant? It isn't. Encourage customers to buy in bulk. It's better for everyone, especially the restaurant. Restaurant industry is already an extremely narrow profit margin industry.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Yeah that’s another problem, drivers are allowed to take an order so no one else can and then cancel the order a half hour later because they just don’t feel like it anymore

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah that’s another problem, drivers are allowed to take an order so no one else can and then cancel the order a half hour later because they just don’t feel like it anymore
    Do you get your money back in that case? Or do you still get charged.

Thread Information