Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, frankly, astounds me. Who ever heard of technology getting CHEAPER with age? Amirite?
    The free market is a beautiful thing.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ Darrin's attempt at revisionist history

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The free market is a beautiful thing.
    So you are saying the govt should mandate more regulations and standards? After all, the free market wasnt doing much until the govt stepped in. Good to know.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    So you are saying the govt should mandate more regulations and standards? After all, the free market wasnt doing much until the govt stepped in. Good to know.
    Yes it was. CFL's were already available and being bought by the public. I was one of them. Maybe for people who are followers, waiting for the media to do what it tells you is right... maybe for people who wait for regulation to run (or is it ruin) their lives. As for LED lighting... I think regulations played no difference there either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WC fancies himself as a LEADER!

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I understand how that concept must be alien to you. It's called "Lead by Example." Do you think half these people making these regulations do as they want everyone else to before they craft the legislation?

I have been using CFL's for years. Replaced about half of them now as they went bad. I have three incandescents in my place. One is a IR heat lamp in my daughters snake terrarium, one is in the fridge, and one is in the range. The rest are CFL's or LED.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Yep.

Definitely an alien concept to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I freaking love these LED's. I have a huge amount of lightly whitewashed and sealed natural wood in my house...baseboards, doors, door trims, cabinets, all the ceilings...I am changing in the LED's as other bulbs burn out. I'm changing bulbs this afternoon...I have one secondary living/TV room that currently has all three styles of bulbs in it...incandescent, flourescent, and LED. Th incandescents makes the wood look pinkish...The flourescents (curlyQBR30's) make the wood look baby yellow...The LED's are a true white light and the wood looks exactly like it is supposed to...warm and natural..

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I love the LED lighting as well. I hope the people I gave $50 to, end up with a good product. I will be disappointing if they fail, but I know my money is at risk, and hope they have a good product, and that they get rich.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I love the LED lighting as well. I hope the people I gave $50 to, end up with a good product. I will be disappointing if they fail, but I know my money is at risk, and hope they have a good product, and that they get rich.
    Crossing my fingers for you WC. I saw that kickstarter, pretty sweet.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Crossing my fingers for you WC. I saw that kickstarter, pretty sweet.
    Thanx.

I'm only slightly optimistic. technology moves fast, and someone else might market a better product before them, making them fail. Not for effort though.

Still...

If someone makes a more cost effective LED at the 1700+ lumen range.... SWEET!

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    And that 950 lumen 60 watt equivalent LED I bought on 7/10/11 is still burning strong with a 4900K color. I do prefer ~5700K though.

LOL...

It's brighter than the 75 watt equivalent CFL next to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since I don't speak French, that video was nothing more than a bunch of incoherent ramblings by juveniles. IOW, a perfect reprensentation of boutons.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Since I donated $50 to the effort, I received an email with a video. It is also on YouTube.

email link: NanoLeaf LED manufacturing process.

Youtube:

If interested, there are more YouTube links. just search "nanoleaf."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Free Market is innovating to fill the market for energy-efficient bulbs? You don't say?
    What do you make of Laffer's pushing of a carbon tax?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I received another update for the nanolight.

link: Finish line is near!; Update #9

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Nanoleaf Project Update #10:

link: NanoLeaf bulbs are shipping out!
    Update #10 · Jun 23, 2013

Project Update #10: NanoLeaf bulbs are shipping out!
    Posted by Gimmy Chu, Tom Rodinger, Christian Yan Like

Hi Backers,

After several months of hard work, we're proud to announce that we have shipped out our very first KickStarter reward! We will be shipping out orders non-stop for the next few days to get our first set of NanoLeaf bulbs on their way to their new owners.
    Shipping

The NanoLeaf bulbs will be travelling via Swiss Post. To make tracking your reward easier, we are setting up a system that will email you an automated email with the tracking number of your NanoLeaf package upon shipment.

Once the orders are shipped out, if there are any issues with the delivery, we would recommend you first try contacting Swiss Post directly. If it is something beyond their control, simply send us a message via KickStarter and we would be happy to help.
    Packaging

The NanoLeaf bulbs will be delivered to you in our eco-friendly packaging. To facilitate easy recognition of what's in the box, 3 colors are used on the packaging to denote the 3 different models of bulbs (from least brightest to brightest, the colors are blue, green, and yellow). A window is cut in the box so that you can see the actual light bulb. To distinguish the voltage version of the bulb, the appropriate voltage will be checked on the printed checkbox on the packaging.

When your NanoLeaf bulb arrives, please double check that you have received the correct voltage and design as per your order. Although plugging a 220V version into a 120V socket will not hurt the bulb, the brightness will not reach the optimum level. On the other hand, plugging a 120V version into 220V socket will quickly end the life of the bulb (we have tried this). Do not hesitate to contact us if you run into any problems with your order.
    Free Swag!

Inside each of the NanoLeaf bulb box, you will discover 2 NanoLeaf stickers. Feel free to represent your NanoLeaf pride!
    Photo Contest

We haven't forgotten about the contest that we announced in an earlier update. We are printing a reminder about it onto the NanoLeaf packaging box. Contest winners will receive prizes in the form of free NanoLeaf bulbs and other goodies!

To enter the contest, all you need to do is take a photo of your NanoLeaf light bulb in its new home. There are two ways to enter the contest:

1) You can follow us on Twitter, then tweet up to 5 unique and original photos using #mynanoleaf, and tag us @theNanoLeaf.

2) You can 'Like us' on Facebook, then upload it onto your Facebook page and tag us in the photo .

We also accept drawings / paintings / artworks that depict the NanoLeaf bulb in some interesting/creative way.

The contest details will be posted on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/theNanoLeaf, and our website: http://thenanoleaf.com. We will send out a Kickstarter update notifying you once we do.

An example of the type of picture we are looking for:
    Warning Label

We have put a lot of work into ensuring that the NanoLeaf light bulb is safe to use. However, we strongly urge everyone to read the warning before operating the NanoLeaf bulb. We have printed all the relevant warnings onto the box itself in an amusing and entertaining way. PLEASE READ IT before connecting your new light bulb. Thanks in advance for taking safety very seriously.
    July Batch of NanoLeaf Rewards

We have started the production of our next batch of bulbs! We'll be sending out the surveys for the July batch in the next few weeks. Please make sure to return your survey as soon as possible upon receiving it.

Thank you all for your patience and support, we couldn't have done it without you. And we've included some photos for your enjoyment.

Until next time, live green Kickstarters!

The NanoLeaf Team

www.theNanoLeaf.com - Additional pre-orders available!

Follow us on Twitter - @theNanoLeaf

Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/theNanoLeaf
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 06-26-2013 at 05:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is a standing monument to Darrin's stupidity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but he's still smarter than you.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not smart to out your own troll.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...45#post6681845

Wish mods could fix my DarrinS acct, so I could quit using this troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information