Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    For real? I'm interested because a lot of Cowboys fans that I've spoken with seem high on the team until asked that question. Of course if there's major injuries that changes everything - why even ask that?

Its about if the team is reasonably healthy, what do CBF's think is their legit ceiling.
    its fair to say the team has the talent to do big things. it's not safe to predict an injury free season

Post Count
    its fair to say the team has the talent to do big things. it's not safe to predict an injury free season
    Isn't that kind of assumed in these types of discussions? You plan for what you can when answering - assumed health. If a team is healthy, do Cowboy fans legit think they have Superbowl winner talent? Just playoff talent? Just outside playoffs? Wonder what real fans think is a successful season based on the talent they have (healthy).

Post Count
    Damn, Dez got stood up with a punch! These guys just keep fighting

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    Post Count
    Overachievers, tbh. Won't sneak up on teams this year.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Damn, Dez got stood up with a punch! These guys just keep fighting
    The cheap shots thrown in these brawls are telling. Lot of frustrated thugs. When they get out of a football situation and into a bar it's not surprising they assault patrons, staff, and then police officers.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Why the did he take off his helmet!?

Post Count
    I wonder what would have happened if he broke Dez's jaw. Would that be over the line just because his punch landed? Or no big deal because fights/throwing punches in training camp is just a common deal? That's why throwing punches (IMO) is different than just pushing and shoving. These fights can have real consequences.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    When Dez threw punches at his teamate, Garrett was all down playin it.

But now their star WR got popped in the mouth...

Post Count
    When Dez threw punches at his teamate, Garrett was all down playin it.

But now their star WR got popped in the mouth...
    Yup. Seems like this behavior is encouraged - especially from team leaders. Dez went seeking it out and got popped. Can't make a big deal of it now.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dez

Gotta be the badass to take his helmet off first, and gets rocked.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2...joint-practice

dez had his helmet on and dropped a few rams before he was sucker punched.

anyways, i heard our receivers were feasting on the ram secondary and mcfadden was remarkable

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Dallas decided to go ahead and put hits on Rams WR Brian Quick who was wearing one of those non-contact yellow caps due to offseason shoulder surgery...
    Then during drills(Dallas D vs Rams O) the Cowboys(Randy Gregory) repeatedly went a little too far in driving a couple Rams RB's into the dirt at the end of a few consecutive plays.
    Then you have by all reports Dez (who wasn't participating in practice btw) standing around talking smack on the sidelines for two days. The majority LA Rams fans in attendance were also heckling and talking too much and Dallas players were getting annoyed.

Add all that up and the already chippy Rams went after Randy Gregory after he put Tre Mason's in the dirt on two consecutive plays. Greg Robinson went after Gregory and that sparked the whole thing.

Dez put his helmet on to run across the field to the scrum, and at some point for some idiotic reason he took it off and got what his loud mouth deserved.

Despite what the media says, those who were actually there are reporting that both teams elevated the trash talking(no surprise there) but Dallas instigated physically after the whistle and the Rams offense basically went after them and finished it. There were cheap shots on both sides but i've seen about 4 different vids and Dallas got punked.

Anyway, happens. Everyone is jumping on the dirty Rams bandwagon but didn't Dallas have a scrum with the Raiders at a joint scrimmage last season?

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Lol sucker punched. Dez walked right into the middle and got his jaw stolen.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Post Count
    I wonder what would have happened if he broke Dez's jaw. Would that be over the line just because his punch landed? Or no big deal because fights/throwing punches in training camp is just a common deal? That's why throwing punches (IMO) is different than just pushing and shoving. These fights can have real consequences.
    I think we had this discussion earlier when Dez and Patmon got into it, which by itself isn't a big deal, but it starts to say something about team discipline when this follows it. Teammates in pads taking swings early in camp is one thing to set the tempo for practices, but I think a full-out brawl where guys are cheap shotting each other from behind, ripping off helmets, and sucker punching is way over the line and is an excellent way for people to get hurt. It's not such a big deal if you're the Rams, who are a team, but pretty unacceptable if you think you're a super bowl team to allow your players to act and react like that. I think Dez was extra stupid for running into the fray when he's supposed to be recovering (why was he even in pads?), and I heard that he ran onto the field the previous day to confront someone. Since there's apparently nobody on the coaching staff exhibiting any leadership to control the team, hopefully Dez getting cracked in his stupid face will teach him not to do something so re ed from now on, though I guess we'll have to see. I figured a team that would hire minders for a player would use a camp fight as a teaching moment for him weeks ago, but it looks like that's not the case. It's why it's so hard to commit to a prediction about the Cowboys. I can see a scenario where they go to the super bowl and I could see them looking up and finding themselves 6-10 as well.

Post Count
    I think we had this discussion earlier when Dez and Patmon got into it, which by itself isn't a big deal, but it starts to say something about team discipline when this follows it. Teammates in pads taking swings early in camp is one thing to set the tempo for practices, but I think a full-out brawl where guys are cheap shotting each other from behind, ripping off helmets, and sucker punching is way over the line and is an excellent way for people to get hurt. It's not such a big deal if you're the Rams, who are a team, but pretty unacceptable if you think you're a super bowl team to allow your players to act and react like that. I think Dez was extra stupid for running into the fray when he's supposed to be recovering (why was he even in pads?), and I heard that he ran onto the field the previous day to confront someone. Since there's apparently nobody on the coaching staff exhibiting any leadership to control the team, hopefully Dez getting cracked in his stupid face will teach him not to do something so re ed from now on, though I guess we'll have to see. I figured a team that would hire minders for a player would use a camp fight as a teaching moment for him weeks ago, but it looks like that's not the case. It's why it's so hard to commit to a prediction about the Cowboys. I can see a scenario where they go to the super bowl and I could see them looking up and finding themselves 6-10 as well.
    We did have that discussion. I agreed with you about Dez doing really well overall, but throwing punches (especailly at teammates) just crosses a line to me. Then you have this follow and what if Dez got hurt? Even though it's the norm, it's pretty silly.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Post Count
    We did have that discussion. I agreed with you about Dez doing really well overall, but throwing punches (especailly at teammates) just crosses a line to me. Then you have this follow and what if Dez got hurt? Even though it's the norm, it's pretty silly.
    I think football is probably the only sport where I'd consider it acceptable at all, and two teammates going after the whistle and then making up just makes for a tighter team. As for the rest of it, I'm in complete agreement with you. That other circus is just a sign to me that neither coach has any handle on what his team is doing, and if that's what they do with the rope they're given, I hope JG fines his players the next time they throw after the whistle, even in camp.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think football is probably the only sport where I'd consider it acceptable at all, and two teammates going after the whistle and then making up just makes for a tighter team. As for the rest of it, I'm in complete agreement with you. That other circus is just a sign to me that neither coach has any handle on what his team is doing, and if that's what they do with the rope they're given, I hope JG fines his players the next time they throw after the whistle, even in camp.
    Garrett doesn't seem to hold anybody accountable, nothing pisses him off on the field either. Not everyone needs to be Parcells, but c'mon.. once in a while it's ok to show you are human.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    latest vid from shango

Smfh. Huge blow to the secondary.

Post Count
    beast off season for injuries.

Oscan, besides being arguably the best player on D, he was also a of a leader out there. His presence will be greatly missed.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Mother

Scandrick will be missed. Secondary is going to be

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bring back Sterling Moore.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count