Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a joke man.

Sjax said "Pop only cares about 3 guys and the rest of the guys fit in wherever they can"

He also said he wasn't paid in 03 after making all his big shots (definitely didn't talk about all the turnovers he did) because the spurs wanted to pay manu and tony who are "his guys" referring to Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll say again. Jax was not collecting DNP's. He was getting 20 minutes a game. Plenty of time to prove you're better than Danny or Manu. If he was really starting stuff in practice (probably with the guys ahead of him who he resented) it makes perfect sense that Pop dropped him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JAX.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have fun playing in China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they ask him if he still thinks he should be playing ahead of Finals 3pt record holder Danny Green? I mean he was lighting up the 3pt line in the RS for a 27% clip tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a joke man.

Sjax said "Pop only cares about 3 guys and the rest of the guys fit in wherever they can"

He also said he wasn't paid in 03 after making all his big shots (definitely didn't talk about all the turnovers he did) because the spurs wanted to pay manu and tony who are "his guys" referring to Pop.
    Him not being offered a "fair" deal after the 03' le is total BS. IIRC, the Spurs offered him something like a 3 yr/$18 million dollar deal and he took his agent's advice and turned it down. He then ended up in Atlanta for a 1 yr/$1 million dollar deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have fun playing in China.
    Yeah, have fun getting paid millions of dollars to play against lower level compe ion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this asshat said kobe and westbrook wouldnt have gotten hurt if he didnt get dropped? what is the correlation? what a disgrace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this asshat said kobe and westbrook wouldnt have gotten hurt if he didnt get dropped? what is the correlation? what a disgrace.
    There's no sort of correlation. That said, there is a passive aggressive suggestion that the Spurs would not be playing in the finals if Kobe and Westbrook were healthy. Sjax is being completely an ass not only to Pop but all his teammates even guys he likes like Timmy and Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand where Jax is coming from concerning the contract situation. He felt he had played himself into a better, longer term contract and Pop wanted to save the money to pay Tony and Manu. In that scenerio, everyone else would "fit around" the big three of Tim, Tony, and Manu. Ok, go get paid somewhere else, no hard feelings.

This second stint is where I find the problem. Going "hard" at practice just doesn't make alot of sense. Especially in the context of how the season played out with the injuries to Jax and Manu, then Jax missing time for personal reasons. He hadn't looked 100% since returning for the last injury and Green was the only one out of the three who hadn't missed time. From the interview, I could sense that the problem wasn't with Green, but with Ginobili, as some here had speculated. Since they both were taking turns getting injured then playing poorly when they returned, maybe he felt he should get some of Ginobili's minutes.

Jax will always be one of my favorites Spurs! This just seems like a case of the declining, but still compe ve, nature of atheletes as they come to the end of their careers. Sorry for your personal loss this season, Captian Jax. The Spurs still gotta keep it moving, though!

GSG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack's an afterthought to me at this point, but he was only brought in for one reason: to get rid of Richard Jefferson.

I would rather see this current scenario play out than for RJ to be in a Spurs uniform.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don't think it's the Spurs' decision to give Jack a ring or not. When players are on the team at a certain point (and for a certain length of time) during a championship year, they are guaranteed a ring. The Spurs can't without one for spite if Jack met those qualifications, which he almost certainly did.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don't think it's the Spurs' decision to give Jack a ring or not. When players are on the team at a certain point (and for a certain length of time) during a championship year, they are guaranteed a ring. The Spurs can't without one for spite if Jack met those qualifications, which he almost certainly did.
    I'm about 99% sure that only the guys who are on the roster for the playoffs get rings. They don't have to play or even dress, but they do have to be on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SJax never met a bridge he couldn't burn.
    /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm about 99% sure that only the guys who are on the roster for the playoffs get rings. They don't have to play or even dress, but they do have to be on the roster.
    That's not true in other sports, as New England and Tiquan Underwood showed a couple of seasons ago. Since there are a lot fewer players on NBA rosters, I doubt teams are allowed to have a stricter distinction, although I guess it's possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not true in other sports, as New England and Tiquan Underwood showed a couple of seasons ago. Since there are a lot fewer players on NBA rosters, I doubt teams are allowed to have a stricter distinction, although I guess it's possible.
    I'm sure that the distribution of playoff money is covered in the CBA. Not so sure about the rings. That may be completely up to the team as to the value of the rings and who receives them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know for a fact that Malik Rose got a ring after being traded in 2005. Everything I've read indicates it is the team/owner's decision as to who receives a ring. , the Spurs give all the coaching staff rings, and give every employee of SSE a ring (not the bling-y rings, but a ring) - or they did after 2005 at any rate.

I remember SJax wanted more money than he was offered and felt he's earned it in 2003. What I remember from 2003 was his sulking at the end of the bench and throwing his towel and clearly cursing whenever he went streaky and Pop pulled him in favor of Manu. He has issues with Manu and apparently believes his pay was cut in favor of retaining and paying Manu. Shrug, whatever his perception of events is, he is welcome to it. It's not like I'm in practice. In the end, while his shorter term pay was reduced, it may have worked out better than expected since he got an ultimately bigger contract out of it. Whether it made for a happy career or not is debatable.

And Pop very clearly cares about other players - or at least plenty of other players have been willing to step up to say they felt Pop cared about them.

It's a shame he feels the way he does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe he was insinuating the seeding would have differed and the spurs would have been the ones playing the rockets instead (ergo, westbrook doesn't get the meniscus tear). not sure how kobe would have not been injured though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by the way, if danny green was one of the guys sjax thought he was better than...well, so much for that thought. sjax would have been far less efficient at the 3 point line and probably even less effective defensively. not to mention the occassional bulletin board trash he probably would have said from time to time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson has a knack for making classless banter sound classy. The guy doesn't want to own up to anything, and by his own admission he'll never willingly "be the bigger man" in a situation where he might be slighted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ jack's wife

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...JAX: flying to miami for no in reason, now youre on tv. just shut the up. the spurs are one win from the le. pop was right. you played like this year. you had another chance, you blew it. move on.
    Don't be scared guys, I come from the Future and need to tell ya'll something... The Spurs will be winning Game6 by 5 points with :28s remaining on the clock. And they'll blow their lead. Total meltdown. NBA's personnel was so sure the Spurs were going to win it, that they brought to the sidelines the LOB trophy before all that happened. The game will go to OT and we're gonna lose that game, and the next. Yup. Sad, I know. Soulbreaker. I cried and suffered from sports' depression for almost a year.

But not everything will be lost. The Spurs are gonna sign a future (for your time) NBA Champion that goes with the name of... Austin Dayelight. Sorry, future pun joke, you all will get it later. Ahem. The name is Daye, Austin Daye. That means, the Spurs are gonna get their redemption and win #5 VS that same Heat team (your)next Season(2nd last for me). Time flies fast!

Finally, you will see that all that suffering will all be worth it. Seriously. #5 was beautiful. THEY played beautiful.

PD: In 2015 we get a player who runs by the initials of LMA.
    BOOM.
    Mindblown.
    I know.

Thread Information