Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bump.

This is getting closer. Going to be in San Antonio to watch Spurs vs akers and Spurs vs Knicks...

Need a decent spot to stay in SA for 2 night as I'm getting out of town after the Lakers game.. Barely gonna be in our hotel so want something pretty cheap but in a safe/central location I guess.

Any recommendations?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    u going to go nuts at teh spurs shop for merchandise?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bump.

This is getting closer. Going to be in San Antonio to watch Spurs vs akers and Spurs vs Knicks...

Need a decent spot to stay in SA for 2 night as I'm getting out of town after the Lakers game.. Barely gonna be in our hotel so want something pretty cheap but in a safe/central location I guess.

Any recommendations?
    If you want to stay close to the Riverwalk, Red Roof Inn is not a bad option if you are just looking for somewhere to lay your head down. Stayed there a couple of times. Walking distance from the river and 70ish bucks a night.

https://www.redroof.com/property/San...modome/RRI248/

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    New Orleans, NYC, mexican food and spurs in SA, colorado, the florida keys, and Tahoe any time of the year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you want to stay close to the Riverwalk, Red Roof Inn is not a bad option if you are just looking for somewhere to lay your head down. Stayed there a couple of times. Walking distance from the river and 70ish bucks a night.

https://www.redroof.com/property/San...modome/RRI248/
    Cheers mate, seems the sort of low rent sort of joint that I would like - just after something clean really.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    New Orleans, NYC, mexican food and spurs in SA, colorado, the florida keys, and Tahoe any time of the year.
    New Orleans - Going
    NYC - Going
    Mexican food - of course
    Spurs in SA - Going
    Florida Keys - Going
    Colorado - unfortunately not
    Tahoe - Nope, but doing Yosemite

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    New Orleans - Going
    NYC - Going
    Mexican food - of course
    Spurs in SA - Going
    Florida Keys - Going

sounds like you've got all your bases covered . have a safe trip.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bump.

This is happening in like 4 days.

I'm not a fat person, but I'm going to behave like one on this trip tbh.. so I am taking recommendations for disgusting, amazing, different and diverse food spots throughout the country. Fast food, fancy food, don't give a either way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bump.

I'm not a fat person, but I'm going to behave like one on this trip tbh.. so I am taking recommendations for disgusting, amazing, different and diverse food spots throughout the country. Fast food, fancy food, don't give a either way.
    try a california burrito(like a carne asada burrito with fries inside it) in so cal. If you go to In-N-Out, you may want to order some of the stuff 'animal style' and I like their shakes.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Bump.

If you get to LA, hit El Tepeyac Cafe in East LA and order a Manuel's Special. King Taco is awesome too; great red salsa and their carnitas are excellent fat beaner food.

On one of your San Antonio days take your rental car 60 miles east to Luling to go to City Market and get as much sausage as you can carry. Really good brisket and ribs too, but the sausage is what really steals the show. Don't worry, you won't miss anything by not seeing the sights in SA tbh (I mean how many fat Mexicans with Virgin Mary tattoos can you see?). 's closed Sundays and they'll probably be out of meat if you try to show up at 5PM or later.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 11-24-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    New Orleans - Going
    NYC - Going
    Mexican food - of course
    Spurs in SA - Going
    Florida Keys - Going
    Looks like a great trip.

The only hole on your list is NO, but it's a fun hole. Just remember when you're walking around NO that every black person that speaks to you, no matter what they are saying, is just trying to get you to give them money.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Not planning a lot of shopping, but best places for shopping in the states?
    I like newegg.com tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Just remember when you're walking around NO that every black person that speaks to you, no matter what they are saying, is just trying to get you to give them money.
    LA too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    One other tip for SA. If you see a Mexican with a Spurs tat, especially on the neck, he's likely a member of the gang Tango Orejon.

Here's one:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lucky karnt

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Don't leave Cali without trying In-N-Out. San Diego is a pretty great couples city and nearby Temecula has some good wineries if you and the wife are into that. Pretty much whatever you guys are into, Southern California can accommodate.

Have fun brah tbh.
    100% agree with my nig Mugen. If you're in SoCal hit up San Diego and Temecula.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    try a california burrito(like a carne asada burrito with fries inside it) in so cal. If you go to In-N-Out, you may want to order some of the stuff 'animal style' and I like their shakes.
    I'll be spending some time all over California. I've seen people post about In-N-Out before, horrible sounding name for food tbh, but I'll definitely be trying it. Cheers.

If you get to LA, hit El Tepeyac Cafe in East LA and order a Manuel's Special. King Taco is awesome too; great red salsa and their carnitas are excellent fat beaner food.

On one of your San Antonio days take your rental car 60 miles east to Luling to go to City Market and get as much sausage as you can carry. Really good brisket and ribs too, but the sausage is what really steals the show. Don't worry, you won't miss anything by not seeing the sights in SA tbh (I mean how many fat Mexicans with Virgin Mary tattoos can you see?). 's closed Sundays and they'll probably be out of meat if you try to show up at 5PM or later.
    Noted, thanks broseph

Looks like a great trip.

The only hole on your list is NO, but it's a fun hole. Just remember when you're walking around NO that every black person that speaks to you, no matter what they are saying, is just trying to get you to give them money.
    that's like a lot of the black people here in Australia, tbh. I'm actually looking forward to NO a lot.

One other tip for SA. If you see a Mexican with a Spurs tat, especially on the neck, he's likely a member of the gang Tango Orejon.

Here's one:

Might get one tbh...

Yeah man, it ain't that hard to do man, can really do it on a budget if you try... which I haven't really

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah man, it ain't that hard to do man, can really do it on a budget if you try... which I haven't really
    I think I'll head there next year

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Food and gas is so cheap here relative to your neck of the woods. That's why Americans are fat s who can't walk more than 10 feet tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Food and gas is so cheap here relative to your neck of the woods. That's why Americans are fat s who can't walk more than 10 feet tbh.
    How does the price of accommodation fare? I basically want to spend all my money on sport tickets and minimum on accom. Could I get away with not booking any and just winging it? Maybe meet someone who has a spare couch or cheap hostel?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Never used hostels in the US, so no clue.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    that's like a lot of the black people here in Australia, tbh. I'm actually looking forward to NO a lot.
    As long as you don't get drunk and decide to go see the "real" New Orleans at 2 in the morning, you should have a great time there.

Same is true for parts of SA. The difference is in NO you might have to fight off a kangaroo, in SA it'll be a pack of pot bellied wallabies.
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 11-24-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'll be spending some time all over California. I've seen people post about In-N-Out before, horrible sounding name for food tbh, but I'll definitely be trying it. Cheers.

Noted, thanks broseph

Might get one tbh...

Here's the burrito I was talking about (Manuel Special)

You can get one that's only huge though (as opposed to that gigantic mother er), and it's called a Hollebeck burrito. Highly recommended, especially if you like pork, though my favorite one is the machaca version (egg + shredded beef jerky).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think I'll head there next year

y'all get five weeks paid vacay on average. shouldn't be hard.

you don't see any americans because we only get two if we're lucky

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    y'all get five weeks paid vacay on average. shouldn't be hard.

you don't see any americans because we only get two if we're lucky
    yeah won't be tough.

why do you guys get annual leave

Thread Information